Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player you were excited that we'd signed but turned out to be cack

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dobbie definetely.
I don't think anyone can seriously claim Sandanza and KLL were cack for us

Sandaza exceeded expectations massively for me, I'd have taken him into the championship, I'd put good money on him scoring against Palace in the playoffs even if he did nothing else all year.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Sandaza exceeded expectations massively for me, I'd have taken him into the championship, I'd put good money on him scoring against Palace in the playoffs even if he did nothing else all year.

I thought it was worth giving him a contract, he scores goals, does nothing else but would at least have been an option on the bench.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've done this before, McSmudger and Vicente.

Aside from that obvious pair I was personally very excited about Crofts return but he was very disappointing last year, hopefully will rectify it this year.

Not sure we've done players that you were excited about signing but proved to be shit, although we have often done who was Albion's worst ever player threads.

I have to disagree with both your choices, CMS has had flashes of brilliance and Vicente has looked as good as any Albion player I have ever see, especially in his cameos the season before last.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not sure we've done players that you were excited about signing but proved to be shit, although we have often done who was Albion's worst ever player threads.

We've done worst ever signing threads, I mentioned those two on that thread :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've done worst ever signing threads, I mentioned those two on that thread :thumbsup:

You haven't been following us very long then have you :wink:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Are we putting CMS in this category yet?

Kazenga LuaLua

You're right, he's totally cack. PATHETIC.

As a matter of interest, do you cheer him when he's brought on as a sub - or are you one of these people who get their kicks out of abusing our own players?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Sandaza after his wonderful home debut

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Vicente
Robbie Savage
Valur Gislasson
Turienzo
Liam Dickinson
Kevin McLeod
Harley
Dobbie
CKR's attitude
Crofts (last year)
Paul 'Sicknote' Kitson
Alex Frutos
Seb Carole
Alistair John
Raphael Meade
That useless goalkeeper signed during our first Championship season (Chiegnac or something)
Christian Baz
Agustien Battipiedi
Jamie Moralee
Graham Barrett
Will Hoskins (sorry)

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I've watched us sign Jarrett, Holroyd and Carole 3 times yet I still list those two first.

You're right, internationals, one of whom was our top scorer last season and the other who Real Madrid once offered €35 million for must be worse than the three players you mention, who currently play for Bromley, Morecambe and Guiseley respectively.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Geoff Pitcher

50K from Kingstonian in 2001 which was a fairly substantial fee for us back then. Managed a measly 10 games for us before being shipped out to Havant and Waterlooville

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Geoff Pitcher

50K from Kingstonian in 2001 which was a fairly substantial fee for us back then. Managed a measly 10 games for us before being shipped out to Havant and Waterlooville

I actually thought he looked alright when he played but was never given a decent run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here