Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Player' wot a joke

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's Half Time, but the Match Stats is saying that the score is 1-0.
The last few games the Match Stats have been unavailable, so I switched to the BBC's live scores - but tonight, they're not working either.
What a shambles.

:angry::tantrum::angry::tantrum::angry::tantrum::angry::tantrum::angry::tantrum:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If you select the other stream (in tonights case Bristol City) and then push it back to the Brighton stream it does an instant refresh. Is the best way I've learnt to deal with the horrible stream quality

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Have just emailed to tell them that they're not fit for purpose, and that I will not be renewing my subscription when it runs out.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
How many posts have there now been on this subject isn't there something we can do other than emails that fall on deaf ears.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Email the club, tell them that you haven't had the quality of service you expect and you haven't had to response from the people who run the service that you expect.

I know the club are not responsible for the quality of Player, but if we are to pull the plug on a catering company half way through the season for poor service, then surely we can give the people who run Player an ultimatum.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Lets hope so.. Has someone got an email address. If enough of us mail.. Maybe something will happen.. Stranger things have happened.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And it costs a fortune in call time.

It won't as most people who have landlines have a free calls at weekends and evenings deal or free anytime for a fiver a month etc. As long as you hang up before an hour and then phone back again it won't cost a penny. :)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How many posts have there now been on this subject isn't there something we can do other than emails that fall on deaf ears.

and a good few started by myself
emails are pretty useless as they will keep sending you some back saying it must be your PC, I have also tried contacting the club to no avail and also contacted Jonny Cantor who says technical problems are not his thing and on Saturday I contacted Paul Camllin (Albion Media Manager) by tweet and so far nothing yet.
It has now become my contention that "NOBODY GIVES A F**K" and that now there is plenty of money sloshing around from season ticket sales and the like its been shunted into the sidings.
Other than the fact I watch the video of the match and the interviews I would elbow it now and I am fortunate enough to be able to listen to the match commentary on the radio( IMHO the commentators are shite as well but thats for another day(I would like to hear Tim Humphrey and Bob Booker some time)).
and it is also my contention it is to do with the club all the time its called "Seagulls Player"
Question is
will anyone get there finger out.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I am sure that I can't be the only one that has no problems with player.

This would suggest that it is being broadcast/output OK otherwise I couldn't receive it without problems. It then follows that if anyone is having problems that it must be at their end.

Are there any common factors such as device, OS, browser etc that are causing problems ?

Just a thought

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

This would suggest that it is being broadcast/output OK otherwise I couldn't receive it without problems. It then follows that if anyone is having problems that it must be at their end.

Are there any common factors such as device, OS, browser etc that are causing problems ?

Just a thought

I was wireless and had the odd problem ........but now on cable with solid connection and there are to many who were OK and now suffering along with most by the sounds of things

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Just a thought

I have had major problems with it, but last night it was fine - same browser as usual etc. It cannot be a browser or OS related thing. Bolton I refreshed at least 15 times - last night once before kickoff.

It can only be a server issue I would have thought. What though, I have no idea.

Random errors like this are always a nightmare to fix, but it would be nice if they communicated that they were trying to do something about it.

Camicus

The problem is at the bbc end Im on a 100mbps connection hardwired in to the net using win 7/IE9 did a trace on it and its failing at there end. Bristol city as uneffected.

Camicus

Should be I sent them a copy of the report via email. But you know how it is Im just a lone geek screaming in to the darkness.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Course it's failing at their end. If this was a thread for people without problems with Seagulls Player there would be no posts, not one! There wouldn't even be a thread.
Now the bold is stuck on, fecking technology.
Paul Camllins computer must be overfull by now from the amount of emails he's had about this.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Course it's failing at their end. If this was a thread for people without problems with Seagulls Player there would be no posts, not one! There wouldn't even be a thread.
Now the bold is stuck on, fecking technology.
Paul Camllins computer must be overfull by now from the amount of emails he's had about this.

think he like others have hit the delete button mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here