Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Yeovil

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 6 - didn't have a lot to do, but seemed skittish when he did
Bruno 7
Greer 6.5 - Had an odd period where every ball with his strongest foot went wrong (out, to yeovil) then end that short passage with a great left foot cross-field pass.
Dunk 7
Ward 7
Andrews 7
Stephens 7
Orlandi 6.5 - missed some good chances, but is coming back from almost two months out, so gets benefit of the doubt.
Lingard 7.5
Buckley 7
Ulloa 6

March 7 - great run and ball for Lingard
Lualua 7 - Perhaps his softest ever cross and it went in for a goal
Forster-Caskey Tidy not sure he contributed enough in his time for a rating

We seemed to have a problem with our shooting. I don't think I've seen so many soft shots in one game. Fantastic ball from Dunk to Buckley, who ran round his man wonderfully, into the box, and then tamely shot it at the keeper. It was quite frustrating.

Orlandi looked woeful and massively off the pace on the television and got a right slating in the official match thread.

According to Andy Naylor on twitter, he was suffering from flu. Odd that he would play, but still, that might explain him being a little off key tonight. That and not having played since v Millwall at the start of March.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I thought solly changed the game with his pace and enthusiasm, and i will be glad to see the back of lingard. Mom, what a joke!

Have you ever played football?
What a ridiculous comment.

Lingard may not put in MOM performances every game, but he's worth his place in the team.
His movement is excellent, he never stands still, his vision is good, he's got an eye for goal ... what's not to like?
He must be a dream to play with ... and a nightmare to play against.

He needs to work on his decision making, he still plays like a schoolkid who wants to be man of the match every game, but as he matures he will only get better.

Watch the interview with Gordon Greer on Sky immediately after the game.
Greer told the interviewer what a great game Lingard had and how pleased he was that Lingard got the goal at the end to cap it off.

I wish he would stay next year, but he'll clearly be off to better things.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have you ever played football?
What a ridiculous comment.

Lingard may not put in MOM performances every game, but he's worth his place in the team.
His movement is excellent, he never stands still, his vision is good, he's got an eye for goal ... what's not to like?
He must be a dream to play with ... and a nightmare to play against.

He needs to work on his decision making, he still plays like a schoolkid who wants to be man of the match every game, but as he matures he will only get better.

Watch the interview with Gordon Greer on Sky immediately after the game.
Greer told the interviewer what a great game Lingard had and how pleased he was that Lingard got the goal at the end to cap it off.

I wish he would stay next year, but he'll clearly be off to better things.

This.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Some harsh ratings in here in my opinion. We started poorly but improved throughout and were worthy winners in a game that was pivotal to both sides

TK 6 - clean sheet but guilty if a bad error that could have cost us
Bruno 7 - I was a Bruno sceptic but he's totally won me over. Quiet by his recent standards.
Ward 7 - Some incisive runs, particularly in the second half. Linked up well with Lingaard
Greer 7 - Better performance
Dunk 8 - Has to start in my opinion
Stephens 7 - Busy
Orlandi 6 - Not match fit but a huge positive to have him return at such a vital stage of the season.
Andrews 7 - Not everyone's cup of tea (especially the moron who sits behind me) but I thought he had influence on the side last night, trying to take set pieces quickly and marshalling the midfield. I think he's come into his own since Ince was dropped.
Buckley 5 - Looked unfit
Lindgard 7 - I do find his decision making slightly frustrating but love his energy
Ulloa 5 - Looks disinterested to me. His reaction to the goal was interesting. Showed no interest in celebrating it.

March 7 - much better than Blackpool!
KLL 6
JFC 6

Another poor performance, think we got away with it.

Thought crowd was good.[/QUOTE]

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Ulloa 5 - Looks disinterested to me. His reaction to the goal was interesting. Showed no interest in celebrating it.

[/QUOTE]

Apart from pointing to the scorer with a big smile on his face?

RT @OfficialBHAFC: Leo Ulloa points to the goal scorer Kazenga LuaLua as Albion secure a 2-0 win. #BHAFC #BHAFCvYTFC http://t.co/9pGJ3yM2bi

A lot of people are making out Ulloa is disinterested, doesn't care etc. Reminds me of when the same was done about Murray... Their languid style makes them look that way but there is no doubting Ulloa cares.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought the ref was one of the best I've seen.

i didnt even notice the officials... a sign they did their jobs properly.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I don't think I've seen such a spectrum of ratings. Everyone must surely agree with this one though:

Peregrine falcon 10 - made a welcome return, coming home to roost in the West Upper about a minute before half-time. I knew from that moment everything was going to be alright!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Apart from pointing to the scorer with a big smile on his face?

RT @OfficialBHAFC: Leo Ulloa points to the goal scorer Kazenga LuaLua as Albion secure a 2-0 win. #BHAFC #BHAFCvYTFC http://t.co/9pGJ3yM2bi

A lot of people are making out Ulloa is disinterested, doesn't care etc. Reminds me of when the same was done about Murray... Their languid style makes them look that way but there is no doubting Ulloa cares.[/QUOTE]

So you thought his performance last night was that of a man desperate for promotion? I thought he played within himself. Watch the replay. The whole team celebrated in our half of the pitch except Ulloa who was forty yards away. When he finally trudged back he did go to Kaz. I think he was claiming he got a touch.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Koosh 5
Bruno 7 Tireless performance
Ward 7 Great attacking threat
Greer 7
Dunk 8 MOM Superb performance bar one dodgy moment than he then recovered anyway
Stephens 6
Orlandi 6 Needs fitness (and to know where the goal is) but still classy
Andrews 7 Better than usual
Buckley 5 Poor again, guess he's still only running on 60% hamstring at the moment
Lingard 7 Great movement but just too lightweight
Ulloa 5

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
We should be beating Yeovil at least. 6-0 for that they all get 3's

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
For me Ward and Stephens were stand out players.

For Yeovil - Hoskins looked there most dangerous player.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Some real differing opinions this game. Must be different views depending on where your sitting.

From ESU

TK 6
Bruno 6
Ward 6 - some great storming runs but his crossing is woeful. Sort it out
Greer 6
Dunk 6
Stephens 6
Orlandi 5 - So lacking in sharpness which is understandable but that miss was ridiculous
Andrews 6 - Does run the show but we've obviously put all our eggs in the Keith Andrews basket mainly because of little alternative but I'm not sure he's good enough
Buckley 5 - Shadow of his former self. Needs sorting out physically in the summer
Lingard 6
Ulloa 3 - What is going on here. We let Barnes go for £400k and he would have been a far better target man than this

March 8 - subs changed the game
KLL 8 - as above
JFC 6

In general everyone has got 5 for first half and 7 for second. We were much better second half and more like our old selves.Hopefully we can continue in this vein for Forest and maybe?

Please don't start Orlandi, he has run out of time to get match fit this season. KLL as impact sub > KLL starting. OG tactics are to release full backs for crosses but crossing is Ward's weakness!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
6.6.6.6.7.6.6.7.6.6 5.7.7.7. Re-arrange as you see fit.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting to see some of the ratings on here for Ulloa.

I agree he hasn't been on his top form of late - but last night precious few crosses were remotely near him. He did get a sharp header from the one decent cross he did receive, but overall he just doesn't get the service he needs.

Plus maybe it was just as well Ulloa didn't get a touch on KLL's cross, however his run certainly distracted the keeper, otherwise it may not have sneaked in......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here