Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Yeovil

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Dunk absolutely MOTM for me. Saved Kuszczak, made a couple of brilliant tackles and a great passer of the ball too. Was worried when I saw Upson was out but shouldn't have. Hopefully a Dunk Upson partnership at CB next season.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 6
Dunk 7
Greer 7 (mom)
Ward 6
Stephens 5
Andrews 5
Orlandi 6
Buckley 6
Lingard 7
Ulloa 6

Lualua 6
March 6
Caskey 5

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
One other point. It was clear from his reaction at the end that this meant a lot to Bruno, and as it goes also to Andrews. I hope they sign with us for next year.

Agree with this. I notice this more during away games. Especially at Huddersfield and Leicester. The reaction from Burno after his goal showed real passion. And at Leicester I even saw Oscar being animated on the touch-line 0:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The defence were good, especially Ward and Bruno who was back to near his best. I hope Ward joins us permanently this Summer.

Buckley and Orlandi showed glimpses of their quality, but both well short of full fitness in my opinion.

Stephens, March, LuaLua and JFC - all tried hard and positive.

Was unimpressed, not for the first time with:
Ulloa - lacks pace, looks heavy, beaten yet again by an average centre-half to most long passes, and relentless bickering with the ref claiming he was fouled.
Lingard - other than the goal, never uses his pace, poor execution of passes/crosses and awful decision-making.
Andrews - was a quality PL and RoI midfielder, but now completely lacking pace enabling very average Yeovil CMers to break away from him with ease. Slows our counter attacks as not an incisive first time passer anymore. Was half asleep in our 18 yard box for a ball that was his, but beaten to it and almost handed the opening goal to Yeovil. Hopefully, we don't take him next season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Another frustrating performance. Pretty awful first half. We certainly improved in the 2nd.

Kuszczack 6. One moment of madness in the 1st half. Apart from that decent enough, but woefully slow getting the ball back into play.
Bruno 7. Same old, same old. Some great touches mixed with the usual crap.
Greer 6. Slightly better than Monday, but his distribution still very poor.
Dunk 8. Thought he played well. Good to see him distributing the ball like he knows what he's doing. Gordon, take note.
Ward 8. Good game again apart from a couple of awful crosses.
Andrews 6. There were a couple of occasions in the 1st half when he appeared to completely switch off. OK apart from that, but we need someone better in that role.
Stephens 7. Decent enough performance.
Orlandi 7. Some moments of pure class which made us remember what we've been missing. Passes the ball like it's a friend. On the negative side, two shocking misses. Can forgive one as just back from injury, but two!
Buckley 6. Disappointing.
Lingard 7. Well taken goal, but too lightweight and knocked off the ball far too easily. The sponsors must have been Manchester United supporters to think he deserved MoM.
Ulloa 6. He's not the player he was. Worrying.

Subs:
March 6. Better than on Monday, maybe because he stayed wide. Good cross for the 2nd goal.
KLL 6. Nice goal ... was it a shot or a cross? Apart from that predictable.
JFC 8. Thought he did very well in the short time he was on the pitch. Nice ball control and passing.

After watching that display none of the other clubs chasing 6th spot can have been too concerned. Just hope we can continue to play better against the top teams.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kooshack - 6
Ward - 7
Upson - 7
Dunk - 7.5
Bruno - 7
Andrews - 8
Orlandi - 6
Stephens - 6.5
Buckley - 5
Lingard - 7.5
Ulloa - 5

Subs
March - 7
Lua Lua - 7
JFC - 7

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
When Lua Lua came on he rattled the Town defence - as he is want to do - and he drew defenders to him (usually three) which gave more space in the box. He is worth a 7 for his goal alone, how he opened up the Town defence promotes him to an 8 for me. And yes, of course, Dunk and Ward had blinders. The rest..........hmmm..............mostly meh.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak 5
Bruno 7
Ward 6
Greer 6
Dunk 8
Stephens 6
Orlandi 6
Andrews 6
Buckley 5
Lindgard 6
Ulloa 5

March 6
KLL 6
JFC 6

Another poor performance, think we got away with it.

Thought crowd was good.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Super Tom - 6.5
Bruno - 7
Greer - 7.5
Dunk - 8.5 - MoM
Ward - 7.5
Andrews - 6
Stephens - 6.5
Orlandi - 7.5
Buckley - 6.5
Ulloa - 6.5
Lingard - 8

March - 7
Kaz - 7
JFC - 7

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Kooshack - 6
Ward - 7
Upson - 7
Dunk - 7.5
Bruno - 7
Andrews - 8
Orlandi - 6
Stephens - 6.5
Buckley - 5
Lingard - 7.5
Ulloa - 5

Subs
March - 7
Lua Lua - 7
JFC - 7

:lolol: Andrews and Lingard getting such great ratings! Both poor in their roles tonight. An average Yeovil midfield broke away from snail Andrews with ease. :drink:-induced-praise of those 2?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Was unimpressed, not for the first time with:
Ulloa - lacks pace, looks heavy, beaten yet again by an average centre-half to most long passes, and relentless bickering with the ref claiming he was fouled.
Lingard - other than the goal, never uses his pace, poor execution of passes/crosses and awful decision-making.
Andrews - was a quality PL and RoI midfielder, but now completely lacking pace enabling very average Yeovil CMers to break away from him with ease. Slows our counter attacks as not an incisive first time passer anymore. Was half asleep in our 18 yard box for a ball that was his, but beaten to it and almost handed the opening goal to Yeovil. Hopefully, we don't take him next season.

Completely agree.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good crowd, good ref, good performances from Ward, Dunk, Greer and Lingard. Ulloa fell over too much (again) and did little of note, Andrews was beaten way too often in the middle, Orlandi seemingly couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo (lacks match sharpness and was on his wrong foot in mitigation). Stephens and March looked lively.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
PIG 6.5
Bruno 6.5
Greer 8
Dunk 8
Ward 7.5
Andrews 7
Stephens 7
Orlandi 6.5
Buckley 7
Ulloa 6.5
Lingard 8 MOTM

March 7
KLL 7
JFC I can't remember anything he did in the 15 or so minutes he was on.

Referee 10 Best referee of the season.

termy46

Feb 26, 2010
PIG 6
Bruno 7
Greer 7
Dunk 6
Ward 7
Andrews 6
Stephens 7
Orlandi 6
Buckley 6
Ulloa 6
Lingard 7

March 7
KLL 7
JFC 6

I agree with all those, apart from Dunk. He was my MOTM. Maybe Andrews a 5.

termy46

Feb 26, 2010
Kooshack - 6
Ward - 7
Upson - 7
Dunk - 7.5
Bruno - 7
Andrews - 8
Orlandi - 6
Stephens - 6.5
Buckley - 5
Lingard - 7.5
Ulloa - 5

Subs
March - 7
Lua Lua - 7
JFC - 7

Andrews pipped Dunk to MOTM?!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
PIG: 6. Didn't have a lot to do, but his walkabout was completely unnecessary.
Bruno: 6.5. Linked up well and got into some good positions attacking. Only once did I feel that he was out of position which allowed them in (2nd half). Good, but not his best game.
Greer: 7.5 Really commanding and solid - helped Dunk into the game and looked confident.
Dunk: 7. One fantastic tackle in the first half to halt a break down their right side, but lost that point due to his awful back pass in the second. A good replacement for Upson though.
Ward: 7.5. Really gives us drive and impetus down the left hand side. A couple of off crossed but great outlet.
Andrews: 6. I like the positions he picks up, but he really lacks pace on those occasions he misses out on it. Often likes to play his way out of trouble in the box which leaves the heart in the mouth.
Stephens: 6.5. He did well, but wasn't a stand-out personally. Has the bite in midfield we need with good vision.
Orlandi: 6.5. Good deliveries from dead balls, but his efforts on goal were poor. Still, was his first game back and gave us balance and creativity in midfield.
Buckley: 6. Really effective in the first half, but anonymous in the second.
Lingard: 6.5 Exciting when he has the ball, but needs experience to work on his decision making - too many times he held onto the ball for too long and lost the opportunity. It'll come though.
Ulloa: 6. Held up the ball ok, but he seemed like he had to come too deep to get the ball at times, or was out on the wing picking up the scraps. I feel like we need someone to link up better with him.

JFC: 6.5 Didn't do anything wrong when he came on, kept it solid and ticking over.
March: 7. Picked up on Buckley's 1st half performance and wasn't afraid to take on the defence. Perhaps could have done better with a couple of crosses, but it'd be harsh. Good cameo.
KLL: 6.5. He wasn't incredible, but he didn't need to be - his presence alone meant that Yeovil double marked him allowing us space in other areas. Lucky with the goal, but it would have been a great cross anyway and we needed a bit of fortune.

Wasn't a vintage performance, but we did what we needed to do. You could see why Yeovil have made things difficult for teams this season as they're organised and can break quickly...they were shorn of attacking options tonight so had little up front to help them. Good luck to them next season, wouldn't mind seeing them bounce back.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Tomas 5
Bruno 6.5
Dunk 7
Greer 8 (mom)
Ward 6.5
Stephens 6
Andrews 6
Orlandi 6
Buckley 5