[Albion] Player ratings vs West Ham

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can’t believe some people on here are blaming white for the 2nd ffs

Dunk missed a basic header he makes 99/100 times

So many clueless fans starting to rear their heads.....you’d think we were bottom of the league with 2 points 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Watch it again, you are talking shite.
Dunk also to blame as you say, but White lost his man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
we are desperate for a striker. Desperate.

Since Ulloa we have been scratching around for a young quality striker. Zamora and Murray have given us hope and goals but we have not had a young talisman to hang our hat on :down:

We are not going to be splashing out on the quality required and we have nobody in the academy to step up either.

We are not even close to being the top ten the club try to sell

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
we are desperate for a striker. Desperate.

Well yes, but West Ham's one cost £35m, is probably on £130k p/w and was utter gash today ... and has been most of the time he was there.

Finding the bloke who's going to fire us up the league is going to be hard ... as hard as the club are making it look in fact

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sanchez -6 - A flap at the ball and his positioning for their first was at fault

White -6 - He's young and will make mistakes
Webster -7- nice a steady a couple of strong surging runs one good header unfortunately straight at the keeper
Dunk - 6 - Got his positioning wrong for their second
Burn - 7- Always difficult being called into action after a while out but he did very well
March - 8- My MOTM got up and down a couple of really good crosses that deserved better support

Bossuma - 7- Run the midfield
Lallana - 6 - We are very lucky to have a player of his experiance shame we can't get a whole game out of him
Trossard -6- Some nice touches but the throwing of arms into the air when a pass to him fails is so petulant

Maupay -7 - Worked hard lacked confidence which hopfully the goal will reignite his season
Welbeck - 7- Worked hard but not the best in the air we need a younger Murrey

Subs:

Alzate -6- Again he's young asked to come on and take the place of Lallana while they brought on two players
Gross- 6- not on long but might have been a better option at half time than Alzate
Ali J- Came on to late to warrent a score

Two points lost it feels very disappointing when a point away should feel good strange world

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So much of his marks seem to be for work rate. In comparison to so many wide players doesnt do enough when attacking. 2/3 times on left foot at didnt find target

He put in an absolute peach of a cross which Welbeck and Maupay did nothing with, he also completely beat the offside trap only to find himself in the 18 yard box all alone as Welbeck and Maupay trundled forward, he’s also managed 2 shots on target and 1 off target I believe, he also receives additional marks for his defensive work. I think people judge him harshly as they’re expecting performances that he’s not out there to perform.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well yes, but West Ham's one cost £35m, is probably on £130k p/w and was utter gash today ... and has been most of the time he was there.

Finding the bloke who's going to fire us up the league is going to be hard ... as hard as the club are making it look in fact

Riddle me this, I watched Haller a lot when he was at Frankfurt and thought he looked a real player, but being stuck in an uninspiring Moyes side he’s finding chances hard to come by, with the amount of chances that we create, but squander, would someone like Haller find a far greater goal return?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Riddle me this, I watched Haller a lot when he was at Frankfurt and thought he looked a real player, but being stuck in an uninspiring Moyes side he’s finding chances hard to come by, with the amount of chances that we create, but squander, would someone like Haller find a far greater goal return?

Antonio has done well though.

With Haller, some players adapt to a new league and some don't.

If we buy an expensive striker from a foreign league (probably we won't) we'd be hostages to fortune in a similar way

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Both at fault, but Sky were damning of Dunk post match and rightly so. A pathetic non-header that caused the entire problem .... that was a bread n butter headed clearance for any CB in the game.

Defending for the first goal was disappointing but the second was very, very poor.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Defending for the first goal was disappointing but the second was very, very poor.

Agreed, a poor game, because first and foremost BW’s job today was to defend for 90 minutes. He failed.

Dunk’s error was also critical. He’ll be embarrassed wondering wtf he was playing at. 6’4” CB and he does that. After a poor season anyway.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He put in an absolute peach of a cross which Welbeck and Maupay did nothing with, he also completely beat the offside trap only to find himself in the 18 yard box all alone as Welbeck and Maupay trundled forward, he’s also managed 2 shots on target and 1 off target I believe, he also receives additional marks for his defensive work. I think people judge him harshly as they’re expecting performances that he’s not out there to perform.

Not to mention his big part creating both goals. The clueless lack of appreciation March gets from some on here is ludicrous. Player of the season just ahead of Bissouma for me.

Will always be criminally under rated by some Brighton fans though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sanchez 6 Not as dominating today
Burn 7 As a critic agree good game. Still dont understand at 6 7 why doesnt win balls at our corners.
Webster 8 Comfortable defending and good forward runs.
Dunk 6 Not as good as Webster
White 6 Potter seems obligated to play White Webster and White even when 4 at back. Dont understand how selected at fullback over Veltman
Bissouma 6 Did easy things ok.
Lalana 5 His quality is supporting and providing final pass. Strange spent most of time around half way line
March 6 As out and out wide player today just doesnt do enough in last third. 2/3 chances on his left foot and didnt even hit target
Trossard 6 He is 2 footed and always first forward in my team. However hard to understand where playing today. He is best attacking from left but as March was there seemed Potter wanted to fit him in even if out of position. Argi better in the position he played today
Welbeck 6 Average. Would like to see a harder side to game like Barnes/Wood
Maupay 6 Average but have sympathy as no support from midfield esp Lalana and Alzate
Alzate 4 Such an opportunity today which he fluffed. Usually so composed on ball even with players round him not today and no forward runs

Bissouma 6 :shrug:

https://twitter.com/hmdcomps/status/1343257086373801992?s=21

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not to mention his big part creating both goals. The clueless lack of appreciation March gets from some on here is ludicrous. Player of the season just ahead of Bissouma for me.

Couldn’t agree more. Credit to Potter who’s given Solly the confidence he lost once we got promoted.

Imho he’ll be a deserved top flight player for many seasons ahead, with or without us.

Having a great season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I just dont think he does enough in final third. Apart from the wonder goal shooting is very poor. I cant see anything wrong with posters giving an opinion. People got upset because Burns performances were criticised and to me this was justified. However nearly all comments about him today have been positive.
We are once again in a relegation battle because some of our players are not playing well or are not good enough. Fact

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez 6 - Not great on the 1st goal but not much else to do.

Webster 8 - Possibly best game for the club. Showed the ability he has.
Dunk 5 - Scored but badly at fault for the 2nd goal
Burn 7 - Very good 1st half faded a little.

White 5 - Culpable on both goals. Needs to strengthen but that is age as much as anything. Will learn from today.
Bissouma 8 - Magnificent 1st half found it harder in the 2nd but another good performance.
Lallana 6 - Very good half but again it was a half. A worry
March 8.5 - Picks the wrong ball from time to time but really growing into the wing back role.MoM

Trossard 5 - Flatters to deceive too much for me. Disappears from games. Not sure he is going to make it..
Maupay 7 - Took the goal well, doesn't look happy but so what, he is our most likely to score
Welbeck 7 - Link play and movement are good but his goal threat is minimal. Part of our best pairing though

Alzate 5 - Looked off the pace again, hard to come into a game from the bench but needs to offer more.
Gross & Ali J - Not on long enough

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I just dont think he does enough in final third. Apart from the wonder goal shooting is very poor. I cant see anything wrong with posters giving an opinion. People got upset because Burns performances were criticised and to me this was justified. However nearly all comments about him today have been positive.
We are once again in a relegation battle because some of our players are not playing well or are not good enough. Fact

Yes criticise the strikers, Dunk, Ryan and Trossard who have really poor all season and let Potter down badly or White for today. But not March when he was excellent today and has been all season. You highlight he doesn’t do enough in the final third - he created two goals today and apparently that’s still not enough?

Of course posters can give an opinion, but when an opinion is so completely wrong like yours and some others of March, then it needs to be called out. March is a quality player, one of our best.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Bissouma and Webster 7

Maupay, Dunk, Trossard 5

White 4

The rest 6.

Maupay's goal doesn't make up for poor performance otherwise. Especially when it's put in the context of his poor form recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here