Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs West Ham

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
If dunk makes the clearance then Ben white losing his man is a moot point ....just a crap goal to give away given the relative comfort in the game . Any way onward and upward 2 big games
Coming up ...UTA
Can’t trust Neville at all after he stated last week that pogba is gonna be the star man of the premiership season ��

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can’t believe some people on here are blaming white for the 2nd ffs

Dunk missed a basic header he makes 99/100 times

So many clueless fans starting to rear their heads.....you’d think we were bottom of the league with 2 points 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Err If White picks up the runner then he potentially remedies the poor initial error by Dunk. So he is still at fault.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So much of his marks seem to be for work rate. In comparison to so many wide players doesnt do enough when attacking. 2/3 times on left foot at didnt find target

Several crosses into the box, nowhere near the goalies, against SUFC and WHUFC. What more can you ask?

Much praise from the TV pundits at the time.

Better / more alert strikers would be burying those gilt edged chances.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Agree with your assessment of Neville, although he made a howler or two today, for instance, Maupay as MotM. I think both White and Dunk were culpable for their second.

Webster was MOTM by a distance. Solid in defence but today also made some good forward runs

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If dunk makes the clearance then Ben white losing his man is a moot point ....just a crap goal to give away given the relative comfort in the game . Any way onward and upward 2 big games
Coming up ...UTA
Can’t trust Neville at all after he stated last week that pogba is gonna be the star man of the premiership season ��

Think you’ve answered your own point. He does lose his man and along with Dunk and to a lesser extent Sanchez cost us a goal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 5 - Unconvincing with crosses and distribution. Huge potential, but not yet totally nailed down the position, from Maty, Walton or ANother

White - 5 - Much better in an attacking capacity than defensive. Hasn't totally learned his defensive trade at this level
Webster - 6 - Good game. brought the ball forward with purpose. Again, should have done better attacking a header from a corner
Dunk - 5 - A bit odd that second equaliser, not sure what happened.
Burn - 6 - Offers us balance. Will play a big part for the rest of the season

Trossard - 6 - Tidy and composed, but unthreatening
Bissouma - 7 - pivotal again. Drives us forward
Lallana - 6 - We missed him in the second half
March - 8 - MOM - Has the capability to glide past a player. Whipped in a terrific cross in the first half

Wellbeck - 4 - Looks a striker which none of our rivals would have signed let alone played as a main striker
Maupay - 3 - The lowest mark i've given someone who scored a goal. Papered over the cracks of a poor performance. Didn't hold it, no desire to get in the box

Alzate - 4 - Hmm, not the same player as earlier in the year.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I can’t believe anyone would give him less than 7, if they do then they have a blinkered, totally incorrect agenda and there’s no point trying to reason with them. My man of the match today, he was quality again today as he is every week.
What was his end product.... 1 and a half decent crosses,.. what else?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 6 Not as dominating today
Burn 7 As a critic agree good game. Still dont understand at 6 7 why doesnt win balls at our corners.
Webster 8 Comfortable defending and good forward runs.
Dunk 6 Not as good as Webster
White 6 Potter seems obligated to play White Webster and White even when 4 at back. Dont understand how selected at fullback over Veltman
Bissouma 6 Did easy things ok.
Lalana 5 His quality is supporting and providing final pass. Strange spent most of time around half way line
March 6 As out and out wide player today just doesnt do enough in last third. 2/3 chances on his left foot and didnt even hit target
Trossard 6 He is 2 footed and always first forward in my team. However hard to understand where playing today. He is best attacking from left but as March was there seemed Potter wanted to fit him in even if out of position. Argi better in the position he played today
Welbeck 6 Average. Would like to see a harder side to game like Barnes/Wood
Maupay 6 Average but have sympathy as no support from midfield esp Lalana and Alzate
Alzate 4 Such an opportunity today which he fluffed. Usually so composed on ball even with players round him not today and no forward runs

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
So much of his marks seem to be for work rate. In comparison to so many wide players doesnt do enough when attacking. 2/3 times on left foot at didnt find target
Exactly. .. next to no end product... 5 today, and only that because of that cross in the first half.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sanchez 6 Not as dominating today
Burn 7 As a critic agree good game. Still dont understand at 6 7 why doesnt win balls at our corners.
Webster 8 Comfortable defending and good forward runs.
Dunk 6 Not as good as Webster
White 6 Potter seems obligated to play White Webster and White even when 4 at back. Dont understand how selected at fullback over Veltman
Bissouma 6 Did easy things ok.
Lalana 5 His quality is supporting and providing final pass. Strange spent most of time around half way line
March 6 As out and out wide player today just doesnt do enough in last third. 2/3 chances on his left foot and didnt even hit target
Trossard 6 He is 2 footed and always first forward in my team. However hard to understand where playing today. He is best attacking from left but as March was there seemed Potter wanted to fit him in even if out of position. Argi better in the position he played today
Welbeck 6 Average. Would like to see a harder side to game like Barnes/Wood
Maupay 6 Average but have sympathy as no support from midfield esp Lalana and Alzate
Alzate 4 Such an opportunity today which he fluffed. Usually so composed on ball even with players round him not today and no forward runs
Whilst Alzate did lose the ball a couple of times after he came on, once he settled he looked sharp and confident,... more game time will follow now hopefully.

Trossard looks good in a more central role,... weak out wide in my view.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Sanchez 6 - distribution not perfect but looks imposing
Burn 7 - drove forward well and some nice touches
Webster 7 as above
Dunk 7 scored a goal but then was at fault
White 6 - poor marking but played ok at rb
Bissouma - 8 the best player on the pitch. Does everything right and some passes today that were better than his team mates
Lallana 7. We were better with him on than alzate who gave the ball away in key areas
March - 7 . Wish he wouldn't slow down play so much and would take more risk going forward
Trossard 6 - looked tidy but not as threatening as last year
Wellbeck -6 faded but stretches and defends well. Never going to score loads of goals
Maupay 7 - because of the goal. Hold up play is good but his passing forward is woeful
Gross. 11. Pulled off the perfect Cruyff turn again...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i only saw the last 60 mins of the game. I thought Maupay was ok in that time lots of work from him and a well taken finish. A much better contribution than Welbeck who neither stretches the defence nor tackles effectively (now waiting for the stats). We looked very nervous and overplayed a number of through balls which a more confident team would have played better.

Difficult to sort MOTM between March and Biss for me.

Webster was best of our defenders as Dunk & White really mucked up that corner. Still would like to see Veltman play possibly instead of White....

Needed to swap a striker for a striker IMO as that game had another goal in it for us.

Sanchez seemed to play with a lot less confidence , should have been out for both goals IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here