Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Villa (a)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan - 6 - Reasonable performance, but looks a bit nervy at times
Webster - 5 - Lots of errors in him today. His weakest performance of late.
Dunk - 6 started poorly but got better
White - 7 Very assured
Lamptey - 8 - quality and undeserved second yellow - getting a bit tired with commentators saying how long can we keep him.
March - 7.5 - superb goal and decent all round performance. Looks to be enjoying himself too
Bissouma - 6.5 - Felt he wasn't rally in the game for the first hour or so, but was crucial in shackling Villa in the last 20
Lallana - 7 great assist - hope he can stay fit - suspect he's keen to play in the net match and this was just precautionary
Gross - 7.5 - Influential
Maupay - 6 - Yeah he worked hard but that ****ing back heel with Welbeck well placed... too many times he picks the wrong option.
Welbeck - 8 - Muzzaesque performance today (with pace)
Veltman - 7.5 - a quality player - Such a calm influence and a nice option to have as 4th choice! Reminds me a bit of Uwe in that regard.
Burn - 6 - Did what was needed

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bissouma same mark as Webster??

Bissouma was argubaly MOTM, an excellent all-round central midfield display, for me a solid 8 out of 10.

Thought that he was dominated by Villa, did nothing wrong but nothing spectacular either.

To be fair as per my earlier post I’ve probably overmarked Webster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Thought that he was dominated by Villa, did nothing wrong but nothing spectacular either.

Looked to me like the game plan for Bissouma. He always chose the safety first option whilst Lallana (first half)and Gross were looking to go or pass forward. Solid and needed team performance.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thought Welbeck was excellent all game, Lallana excellent until he came off and Veltman looked very assured when he came on.

Ryan - 7

White - 7.5
Dunk - 6.5
Webster - 6

Lamptey - 8
Gross - 7.5
Bissouma - 7
March - 8

Lallana - 9

Maupay - 7
Welbeck - 9

Veltman - 8
Burn - 6

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looked to me like the game plan for Bissouma. He always chose the safety first option whilst Lallana (first half)and Gross were looking to go or pass forward. Solid and needed team performance.

Sure - but as a consequence average.
Important team role as you say.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 6

Lamptey 8.5
White 7
Dunk 7
Webster 5
March 8

Bissouma 7.5
Groß 7.5
Lallana 7.5

Maupay 6
Welbeck 8.5

Veltman 8
Burn 6

Welbeck, Lamptey and March the standouts but a good performance all-round. Took Dunk until half-time to get into his stride but he pulled it round. Really disappointed with Webster again, mind. There was a 15min period in the second half where everything he touched turned to shit. Not sure he should be starting over Veltman, who was excellent again when he came on.

Agree with the comments on Bissouma, he has matured so much and is very important to the team. Groß has really improved in his last few appearances as well, as has Solly, obviously.

So good to have top quality experienced players like Welbeck, Lallana & Veltman, really think we were lacking in that respect last season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bissouma same mark as Webster??

Bissouma was argubaly MOTM, an excellent all-round central midfield display, for me a solid 8 out of 10.

Definitely an 8 and not a 6, but I wouldn’t say ‘arguably’ MOTM with Lamptey, White and Wellbeck playing so well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m usually so positive - I’m often on here after draws or defeats telling everyone not to be lead by the result etc. And I’m stocking by that / my outlook on things by saying I didn’t think we were great:

Ryan 6 -- good saves but pls catch the ball from corners / don’t punch
White 6 - one awful pass sticks in mind
Dunk 7 -- glad you’re back
Webster 6 -- some bad errors second half.
Lamptey 8 - ooze class
Bissouma 6 - didn’t stamp his authority like he often does
Gross 6 -- some nice touches
Lallana 7 - great technically
March 6 - great goal, some good things, backs off too much defensively for me at times
Maupay 5.5 - huge fan but needs a goal - keeper did so well for his chance tbf. Should’ve passed not back heeled.
Welbeck 8 MOM - great addition. We got the striker for free after deadline day!

Subs:
Veltman 8 -- so reassuring

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow - reading the thread I’m in a minority - negative sheebs! I thought villa were excellent btw. Huge, huge result.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Just give them all 10 and toddle off to watch Strictly, what a Saturday afternoon worth staying awake for..:rave::rave:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I've started checking out his stats after the game, because I think he does a lot of work that goes unnoticed and it's nice to back that up sometimes. He finished with the joint most tackles (4) and the joint most clearances (9) in the game for either side. He does a lot of dirty work for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've started checking out his stats after the game, because I think he does a lot of work that goes unnoticed and it's nice to back that up sometimes. He finished with the joint most tackles (4) and the joint most clearances (9) in the game for either side. He does a lot of dirty work for us.

Sure - but isn’t that his role?

The fact we were largely outplayed in midfield would indicate perhaps we weren’t at our best there.

I’m not saying he was poor or anything like that, more I thought he did what was expected [emoji2]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 5 - Worrying lack of communication with defenders. Punched when should have caught. He still has questions to answer

Lamptey - 9 - A few misplaced crosses cost a 10. Incredible fitness and tenacity. He would probably be my favourite PL player if he played for someone else
White - 8 - His ability to sniff out danger and cover runners is easily more valuable to us than his (considerable) ball playing ability
Dunk - 5 - Very rusty at the start
Webster - 4 - Loose in possession. Not looking comfortable. Not currently a starter in my view
March - 8 - always an outlet. His winner is a deserved reward for consistent performances this season

Gross - 7 - Looks much more comfortable in central midfield than up top in a counter attacking team
Bissouma - 5 - Some hurried hacked clearances when he had time today.
Lallana - 7 - Some sumptuous footwork. Missed a decent chance.

Maupay - 4 - Not quite happening at the moment. He knows he's dropped to second in the pecking order and will be vulnerable when Leo returns
Wellbeck - 8 - Like Glenn Murray with pace. Which is some compliment.

Veltman - 5 - I'm not convinced yet. He looked to be the one closest, but not close enough to their goalscorer. Didn't keep the ball well enough
Burn - no idea of a mark, but he's bulking out a bit. Not as lanky, more of a unit. Not so sure that's a good thing
Molumby - Congrats on your debut and hope you get more time soon. Interesting he came on instead of Alzate

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 7 - made a couple of decent stops but wasn’t really worked much
Lamptey - 8 - a real threat in the first half. Quite how Traore didn’t get booked I don’t know. Dead on his feet at the end.. .unlucky
White - 8 - an excellent, versatile performance. One great tackle
Dunk - 7 - patchy, but largely a typical Dunk performance
Webster - 7 - blocked off by an offside player for the goal
March - 9 - some incredible distribution, disciplined defending and a top corner finish with his weak foot
Bissouma - 7 - thought this one passed him by a bit but that’s because he simply worked hard and won a lot of ball
Lallana - 7 - great ball for the goal. Hope he’s okay for next weekend’s love in
Gross - 7 - so underrated. Great crossfield ball for the second
Maupay - 7 - worked so hard. Love to see him winding up annoying teams like Villa
Welbeck - 8 - I was delighted when we signed him, even more delighted after the last two games. Just what we needed

Veltman - 7 - when is an elbow to the throat not a red? When Jack Grealish is within 10 feet of the incident
Burn - 6
Molumby n/a

Potter - 10 - I looked at their line up and thought if we could pack the midfield and contain them we’d get chances on the break because that back 4 is pony. His plan worked perfectly. Very pleased for him and thank god justice was done at the end

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 5 - Worrying lack of communication with defenders. Punched when should have caught. He still has questions to answer

Lamptey - 9 - A few misplaced crosses cost a 10. Incredible fitness and tenacity. He would probably be my favourite PL player if he played for someone else
White - 8 - His ability to sniff out danger and cover runners is easily more valuable to us than his (considerable) ball playing ability
Dunk - 5 - Very rusty at the start
Webster - 4 - Loose in possession. Not looking comfortable. Not currently a starter in my view
March - 8 - always an outlet. His winner is a deserved reward for consistent performances this season

Gross - 7 - Looks much more comfortable in central midfield than up top in a counter attacking team
Bissouma - 5 - Some hurried hacked clearances when he had time today.
Lallana - 7 - Some sumptuous footwork. Missed a decent chance.

Maupay - 4 - Not quite happening at the moment. He knows he's dropped to second in the pecking order and will be vulnerable when Leo returns
Wellbeck - 8 - Like Glenn Murray with pace. Which is some compliment.

Veltman - 5 - I'm not convinced yet. He looked to be the one closest, but not close enough to their goalscorer. Didn't keep the ball well enough
Burn - no idea of a mark, but he's bulking out a bit. Not as lanky, more of a unit. Not so sure that's a good thing
Molumby - Congrats on your debut and hope you get more time soon. Interesting he came on instead of Alzate

Wow. Win 2-1 away to a team in sixth and you rate 50% of our team as a 5 or less?!!??

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 7
Lamptey 8
March 8
Dunk 6
Webster 6
White 7.5
Bissouma 7.5
Gross 6.5
Lallana 7