Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Rotherham

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Maenpaa. Solid with an excellent save at the end. If he carries on like this Stockdale might have trouble getting the shirt back 8
Rosenior. What a team player. Always dependable, always supporting 8
Bruno. One of the most cultured centre backs I have seen. If you didn't know he was playing out of position you wouldn't guess 8
Dunk. silly booking but a towering performance. Maybe the responsibility of being the only proper centre back at the moment net is making him grow up? 9 MoM
Bong. Improved on Friday and recollections of how he started last season 7
Stephens. With Stephens we purr. Makes it look simple 8
Norwood. Sloppy towards the end but magnificent first half. Great vision and tenacious. Superb player for us to have 7
Knockaert. Most exciting player I've ever seen in the stripes, but a bit of show boating - then again, if you can do it, why not? 8
Murphy. hmmm. He's not progressing is he? Drifts out of games too much. Skalak for me. 6
Murray. He is strong and scores goals. Also has attitude and knows how to irritate defenders. Exactly what we need 8
Hemed. Hope the penalty gives his confidence a boost. Overshadowed by Murray 7

Baldock. The substitutions seems to kill the game. 6
KLL. As above. Drew some fouls but has he lost pace? 6

The final 20 mins of the first half were about as good as I have ever seen an Albion side play, albeit Rotherham were poor.

Have we learnt the Gaston Ramirez lesson of how to milk incidents? Beginning to look that way - excellent.

Hoops - he's been good recently. Does he actually like us now?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Hemed MOM.

6a9bd273a02adead00121fc15699d59b.jpg

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Got to deduct a point from Knocky I'm afraid. Cringeworthy collapse early doors. I was willing him, "Please get up Knocky this is so embarrassing". Boxed himself into a corner I guess and didn't know how to get out of it with self respect intact. Great performance afterwards though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If you can't give anyone over 7.5 tonight you are incredibly hard to please!

Sorry Sheebo, I'm hard to please, thought we were average against a poor team........ Not anything like as good as we were against Forest.

Maenppa - 7
Rosenoir- 6
Bong - 6
Dunk - 7.5 - silly booking
Bruno - 7
Knockaert - 7
Norwood - 6
Stephens - 6
Murphy - 6
Murray - 7.5
Hemed - 6

KLL - 6
Baldock - 5.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was in the South for this one and bizarrely it sounded it like the '..stand Brighton boys' was just an exchange between the North and the South, with nothing from the West at all.
Weird acoustics innit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A few of us in the West Upper agreed that Bong was man of the match, odd that he got such low scores on here.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
not sure where you were in the WSU but from centre part of row K Bong did not look that good. Dunk was exceptional, Bruno was brilliant as were Murray & AK.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maenpaa 8 one outstanding save, came for crosses and for the most part controlled his box just one flap late on but from a player who plays few games I thought it was an outstanding display as such my MOM

Really MOM, I'm not saying he didn't play well but only really had one save to make which was at a perfect height for the save. He did his job all night against a poor side

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't be bothered to give full ratings but I had Bruno as my MoM, thought he was outstanding - looked to have so much more time than anyone else. Dunk wasn't far behind me. Knocky and Murray had great first halves but came off at the right time as they were both fading.

Bit surprised for the low marks for Hemed though - thought he worked his socks off last night and he created space for Murray.

The only player I was disappointed with was Murphy, didn't think he offered much. Bring back the mad Czech

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Excellent team performance until we took our foot off the gas in the last 20 minutes. Agree that Bong and Murphy had poor games although Bong's crossing was good and Murphy made one trademark dribble across the edge of their penalty area that deserved a better outcome. Major pluses were Glenda's performance, Bruno's omnipotence and the realisation that Maenpaa is a more than adequate substitute for Stockdale. The most nervous moment was when Dunk went down and the momentary fear that we could be facing the next couple of games without a recognised centre back. Norwood slotted in well, despite a couple of misplaced passes, one of which nearly put their player through on goal. He seems to be a very similar type of player to Stephens but we missed Kayal's industry and creativity which might have made a difference against a better team.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Maenpaa -7 - confident and looks a decent back up for Stockdale
Rosenior - 7- good cross for our 2nd
Bruno -8- even showboats at centre back
Dunk -8- good surge for our 2nd. It did seem like he was doing his best to be sent off by the end
Bong -5- did his job nothing more
Knockaert -9- in another league . Best player in the championship
Stephens -6- lost the battle in midfield towards the end. Woeful shooting
Norwood -7- passing a bit wayward . Decent corners
Murphy -5- ineffective
Murray -8- good work rate and holds up ball really well
Hemed -6- good calm penalty . Had a few other half chances but is getting in the positions

CH - 9.99 - good rotation of players , misses the 0.1 as could have given White a run out

Fans 9 - decent atmosphere for a Tuesday v Rotherham . The North sounds amazing when all sing together.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Maenpaa 7

Rosenior 7
Bong 7
Dunk 8
Bruno 7

Norwood 8
Stephens 8
Murphy 6
Knockaert 7

Hemed 6
Murray 8

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maenpaa. 7. A solid competant performance
Rosenior. 7. Didnt notice him much, which is good means he did his job well
Bruno. 8. Good performance but under no pressure
Dunk. 9. Carried on from Forest very good all round mature performance.
Bong. 7. His best game since injury nearly back to his best.
Knockhaert. 8. Usual good performance
Norwood. 7. Solid and made us not notice no Kayal.
Stephens. 8. Showed his worth to us, is the engine of tge team
Murphy. 6. Promises so much, produces so little.
Hemed. 7. Very workman like performance. Well taken penalty.
Murray. 8.5. If only we had had him in January like Zamora as a goalscorer but offers a lot more.

Subs

Baldock. 7. Usual energy but not a replacement for GM unless as was tge case the game was over.
Lua Lua. 5. Cannot understand the hype with him couple of very predictable runs but generally offered nothing

Rotherham 4 very poor no effort, no ability and based on that performance relegation certainties.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
LuaLua - discuss.... seemed to slow the game down, unable to beat a player, did very little.

I've said it for a while but I really do think we have moved on to better players than him, currently looking the weakest winger in our squad by a long way. I can only assume his wages are pretty insignificant

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
LuaLua - discuss.... seemed to slow the game down, unable to beat a player, did very little.

I've said it for a while but I really do think we have moved on to better players than him, currently looking the weakest winger in our squad by a long way. I can only assume his wages are pretty insignificant
Completely untrue. He went past a player 2 or three times and was brought down for free kicks. How that is a weakness on his part is beyond me. He also beat 1 or 2 players to reach the byline for a cross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here