Subs:

Zamora 4
March 5
Holla 6

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bruno produced the only football on show.
Ince wasn't influential at all, but he hardly put a pass wrong, just all simple lay offs. Lack of confidence, it appears.
Crofts was anonymous and not influential as well.
Murphy took the corners. I would have chosen March to start in the position he played.
Baldock would be good if he was 10% quicker.
Uwe had his best game yet. But I thought before he was below average for our team.
We seemed to play more expansive to less effect. I think this was partly because of PNE.
Holla nmade a significant block.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958833/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brighton-Preston

Bruno 8.1 MOM. I think WhoScored usually marks him a bit down as composure on the ball does not get marked up.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Bruno produced the only football on show.
Ince wasn't influential at all, but he hardly put a pass wrong, just all simple lay offs. Lack of confidence, it appears.
Crofts was anonymous and not influential as well.
Murphy took the corners. I would have chosen March to start in the position he played.
Baldock would be good if he was 10% quicker.
Uwe had his best game yet. But I thought before he was below average for our team.
We seemed to play more expansive to less effect. I think this was partly because of PNE.
Holla nmade a significant block.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958833/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brighton-Preston

Bruno 8.1 MOM. I think WhoScored usually marks him a bit down as composure on the ball does not get marked up.
Fair comments. Thanks for the link also.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stockdale - 7 one very good save and otherwise okay with good command of his area and distribution. As consistent this season as he was erratic last.
Bruno - 8 captaincy suits him. Another man of the match performance
Hunemeier - 7 good solid performance. Looks to be growing in confidence
Dunk - 4. to suggest he was better than Tuesday is damning with faint praise. In the first half in particular he was leaden footed and gave away two chances that were spurned while in the second he his head to head with Garner was a no contest. Needs to be given the chance to rediscover his self belief
Bong - 6 not his best with a new man in front of him but excellent going forward. We are so going to miss him
Ince - 5. adequate but lacking pace of pass and an ounce or more of inspiration. Didn't let anyone down but didn't take his chance in both hands by any means
Crofts - 5. adequate if uninspiring from a player still coming back after a long time out.
Rosenior - 6 tried hard to offer some sort of creative spark but with the whole midfield disjointed had limited joy
Hemed - 6 a yard short of being a very good striker. Needs a goal to build his confidence back. It will come
Baldock - 6 works hard and when it clicks he should go on a decent scoring run. Yesterday the final ball was just too slow to allow him to time his runs.
Murphy - 7 our best forward and most likely to score but a liability defensively

Zamora - 5 even for pop-up Bobby the slow through ball limited any chance of him being effective
March - 5. bright enough but the game was fizzling out
Holla - 5. an inmprovement but coming late to a dysfunctional midfield gave him no opportunity to shine

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Bruno 7.71 (100mins, 24 votes)

The Rest:
Stockdale 6.96 (100mins, 24 votes)
<Bong 6.79 (92mins, 24 votes) (inj)
Huenemeier 6.73 (100mins, 24 votes)
<Rosenior 6.21 (68mins, 24 votes)
<Murphy 5.98 (81mins, 24 votes)
Baldock 5.96 (100mins, 24 votes)
>Holla 5.81 (19mins, 16 votes)
>Zamora 5.68 (36mins, 19 votes)
Dunk 5.33 (100mins, 24 votes)
>March 5.13 (32mins, 19 votes)
Crofts 5.13 (100mins, 24 votes)
<Hemed 4.77 (64mins, 24 votes)
Ince 4.65 (100mins, 24 votes)

Squad average: 5.92

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Given last season our run seems a minor miracle to me. We all want more but look at our points, goals for and against compared with everyone else before we get too despondent....

We've got problems with injuries and suspensions and you can't expect the likes of Ince and Crofts to come in and perform on day one.

My major issue is with Baldock. He's had a season plus with us and clearly cannot score more than an occasional goal. He's too lightweight to hold the ball up and doesn't have the skill or speed to compensate.

With a fully fit team we're really only missing a reliable goal scorer and Baldock isn't that. Hemed might be but he needs better support......

But at least we can go to the Amex and think we're likely to score and win even if we're not crushing sides like we might....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here