Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Preston

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
How poor do Hemed and Baldock have to be for Elvis to get a look-in?

Holla actually did some good defensive work when we went down to ten.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Dire game really. Really missed Kayal and Stephens and shame Kaz wasn't fit enough to make the bench, as he could have livened things up in the 2nd half.

Stockdale 7

Bruno 8
Hunemeier 7
Dunk 5
Bong 7

Crofts 5
Ince 4
Murphy 6
Rosenior 6

Hemed 5
Baldock 5

Subs:

Zamora 6
March 5
Holla N/A

I go with these.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Stockdale 7

Bruno 8
Hunemeier 7
Dunk 5
Bong 7

Crofts 4
Ince 4
Murphy 6
Rosenior 6

Hemed 5
Baldock 6

Subs:

Zamora 6
March 5
Holla 4
Do you truly think ince and crofts were worth a 4 today on their actual performances, or the fact that they were just not as good as your preferred two central midfielders - ince/crofts were no worse today then others.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 7
Huenemeier - 5
Dunk 4.5
Bong - 6
Crofts - 6
Ince - 5
Rosenior - 6
Murphy - 6.5
Baldock - 5.5
Hemed - 5

Zamora - 5.5
March - 5
Holla - N/A

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 7

Bruno 8
Hunemeier 7
Dunk 5
Bong 7

Crofts 5
Ince 4
Murphy 6
Rosenior 6

Hemed 5
Baldock 5

Subs:

Zamora 6
March 5
Holla 5

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Do you truly think ince and crofts were worth a 4 today on their actual performances, or the fact that they were just not as good as your preferred two central midfielders - ince/crofts were no worse today then others.

Yes because they were the main reason for our poor performance. Every time they got the ball they were too slow to make decisions or didn't have the ability to make a meaningful pass. It was a big ask for them though seeing as neither of them had started a league match yet this season.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Yes because they were the main reason for our poor performance. Every time they got the ball they were too slow to make decisions or didn't have the ability to make a meaningful pass. It was a big ask for them though seeing as neither of them had started a league match yet this season.
Ok, so was the forward line great today? Forgetting the midfield pair. What I saw at leeds and at home to bristol with the midfield pair we were firing short then, and strapped to two forunate victories with last gasp goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Huenemeier - 5
Ince - 5
Hemed - 5
March - 5
Holla - N/A

Sorry Acker, but I have to ask, are you anti-Hunemeier?

I would have thought he was well above those other you have awarded 5/10. Personally, I thought after Bruno he was our best player. I know its all opinions, but I just wondered.......

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Ok, so was the forward line great today? Forgetting the midfield pair. What I saw at leeds and at home to bristol with the midfield pair we were firing short then, and strapped to two forunate victories with last gasp goals.

No which is why I gave them a 6 and 5 but they did have no service.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry Acker, but I have to ask, are you anti-Hunemeier?

I would have thought he was well above those other you have awarded 5/10. Personally, I thought after Bruno he was our best player. I know its all opinions, but I just wondered.......

I don't think I am. I just didn't think he had a great game, I didn't see him as notably better than any of them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think I am. I just didn't think he had a great game, I didn't see him as notably better than any of them.

Fair enough, thought he dominated the defence and had their forwards in his pocket, the block he did with his chest/face towards the end was outstanding. Perhaps I am pro-Hunemeier!

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
No which is why I gave them a 6 and 5 but they did have no service.
Yes but we were still average with stephens and kayal - everubody seems obsessed with the midfield two missing today - yes of course inbalanced the side and a lack of creativity from one of them, but we are short of a truly potent forward line. I appreciate zamora has scored two, bu we just scrapped through. Anyway lets hope we start playing again, and we are clinical with our finishing!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
A proper game of two halves. We played some brilliant football in the first half except for one major weakness … we needed someone to put the ball in the net when we were dominating the game. We didn’t even have many shots. Second half poor. Overall disappointing. Crofts and Ince both did OK, but to lose your two central midfielders who have been such a key part of your success is always going to be tough to deal with. We need to strengthen in the goal scoring department if we’re to stand a chance of promotion.

Stockdale 7. Good game. Not a lot to deal with, but did what was required. Distribution mostly excellent and MUCH better than Tuesday.
Bruno 8. Excellent game. Kept all the good stuff going from Tuesday and dumped the crap. MOM.
Hunemeir 7. Good game.
Dunk 6. Looked a little dodgy at times, but a big improvement on Tuesday.
Bong 7. Played well. Hope injury is not too bad.
Ince 7. Good game. Passing generally spot on, but maybe lacks the creativity we need.
Crofts 6. OK. Amazed he could handle the full 90 minutes.
Rosenior 6
Murphy 7. One or two great runs and generally had a good game. We have missed him.
Hemed 5. He needs to get back to scoring goals. That’s why he’s out there.
Baldock 6. Also needs to get on the scoresheet more frequently, but a good first half, not so good second.

Subs:
Zamora 6. Unable to make an impact.
March 5. Poor.
Holla 7. Actually played very well in the few minutes he had.

Poor performance all round we still need a striker that can score goals, Ince was dire again was our manager asleep why did Ince get 90 minutes the team was broken with him in midfield.2 points thrown away against a poor opposition

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
A proper game of two halves. We played some brilliant football in the first half except for one major weakness … we needed someone to put the ball in the net when we were dominating the game. We didn’t even have many shots. Second half poor. Overall disappointing. Crofts and Ince both did OK, but to lose your two central midfielders who have been such a key part of your success is always going to be tough to deal with. We need to strengthen in the goal scoring department if we’re to stand a chance of promotion.

Stockdale 7. Good game. Not a lot to deal with, but did what was required. Distribution mostly excellent and MUCH better than Tuesday.
Bruno 8. Excellent game. Kept all the good stuff going from Tuesday and dumped the crap. MOM.
Hunemeir 7. Good game.
Dunk 6. Looked a little dodgy at times, but a big improvement on Tuesday.
Bong 7. Played well. Hope injury is not too bad.
Ince 7. Good game. Passing generally spot on, but maybe lacks the creativity we need.
Crofts 6. OK. Amazed he could handle the full 90 minutes.
Rosenior 6
Murphy 7. One or two great runs and generally had a good game. We have missed him.
Hemed 5. He needs to get back to scoring goals. That’s why he’s out there.
Baldock 6. Also needs to get on the scoresheet more frequently, but a good first half, not so good second.

Subs:
Zamora 6. Unable to make an impact.
March 5. Poor.
Holla 7. Actually played very well in the few minutes he had.

Ince 7 ?? were you there ??

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ince 7 ?? were you there ??

I most certainly was. I thought Ince was decent. Most of his passes were accurate, he broke up Preston attacks, and all in all he looked OK as a defensive midfielder. As I said previously, all he lacked was the level of creativity required to be a replacement for Kayal and Stephens. I would like to know exactly what you and some other posters on here think was so bad about his performance yesterday?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I most certainly was. I thought Ince was decent. Most of his passes were accurate, he broke up Preston attacks, and all in all he looked OK as a defensive midfielder. As I said previously, all he lacked was the level of creativity required to be a replacement for Kayal and Stephens. I would like to know exactly what you and some other posters on here think was so bad about his performance yesterday?
I have to agree with you, did what "he does" if people were expecting kayals cross field passes that is not his game. He was neat, tidy, no sloppier than others yet gets a mark of 4 by most people on here. Remember he is a certain type of midfielder ( he does that job well) just needs to develop further a true all round midfield performance.
As you say broke up play, and carrys oyt short pass distribution, hopefully will develop more defense splitting passing if allowed to probe more in advanced positions.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 7

Bruno 7
Bong 6
Dunk 6
Uwe 6

Murphy 6
Rosenior 6
Ince 5
Crofts 4

Hemed 6
Baldock 6

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have to agree with you, did what "he does" if people were expecting kayals cross field passes that is not his game. He was neat, tidy, no sloppier than others yet gets a mark of 4 by most people on here. Remember he is a certain type of midfielder ( he does that job well) just needs to develop further a true all round midfield performance.
As you say broke up play, and carrys oyt short pass distribution, hopefully will develop more defense splitting passing if allowed to probe more in advanced positions.

Thank you! I think he has been very harshly marked on here because he is not Kayal or Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here