Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Nottm Forest

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He does. Fit and firing he is every bit as good, maybe even better than Wanyama who he played beside. For a long time I thought he was by far our best player.

Hope you don't mind me joining by the way, Celtic fan.

You're more than welcome, and can we have some more of your star players on the cheap :albion2: (I haven't been that impressed by McCourt, who flatters to deceive and would have been far better in the 1970s but is not cut out for the high intensity game).
I'd be interested to hear how you'd describe just what sort of a player Kayal is.

charliemulgrew21

Feb 8, 2015
You're more than welcome, and can we have some more of your star players on the cheap :albion2: (I haven't been that impressed by McCourt, who flatters to deceive and would have been far better in the 1970s but is not cut out for the high intensity game).
I'd be interested to hear how you'd describe just what sort of a player Kayal is.

There aren't many like him to be honest. I'd probably say a bit like Mascherano in midfield because he's so quick in covering the ground. Full blooded tackles, intelligent player and a decent passer as long as he keeps it simple enough. Very few of us wanted him to go but at the end of the day his injuries have seen him fall down the pecking order a bit and because his contract was nearly up the board cashed in.

Negative points: his shooting is absolutely abysmal. Think he got 3 for us in 4 years and at least one was a jammy deflection. Obviously quite injury prone too.

Aye McCourt is a bit of a waste of talent. You'd think he'd go away and get fit but apparently he's fond of the drink.

Actually wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of others follow Kayal down to the Championship ! Noticed one of the youth team releases Twardzik scored for Bolton yesterday and maybe Adam Matthews or Anthony Stokes will head down soon.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

(Kayal) He does. Fit and firing he is every bit as good, maybe even better than Wanyama who he played beside. For a long time I thought he was by far our best player.

Hope you don't mind me joining by the way, Celtic fan.

Just goes to show how fans (Celtic in this instance) see the same player in different ways!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There aren't many like him to be honest. I'd probably say a bit like Mascherano in midfield because he's so quick in covering the ground. Full blooded tackles, intelligent player and a decent passer as long as he keeps it simple enough. Very few of us wanted him to go but at the end of the day his injuries have seen him fall down the pecking order a bit and because his contract was nearly up the board cashed in.

Negative points: his shooting is absolutely abysmal. Think he got 3 for us in 4 years and at least one was a jammy deflection. Obviously quite injury prone too.

Aye McCourt is a bit of a waste of talent. You'd think he'd go away and get fit but apparently he's fond of the drink.

Actually wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of others follow Kayal down to the Championship ! Noticed one of the youth team releases Twardzik scored for Bolton yesterday and maybe Adam Matthews or Anthony Stokes will head down soon.

Many thanks for this.
Just in case you weren't aware, he scored once and had another cleared off the line in the ten minutes he was on the pitch on Saturday. But Mascherano: you've just made my day.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings (Includes ratings from http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?317970-Player-Ratings-Nottingham-Forest-(H))

Highest Rated:
Ince 7.41 (97mins, 29 votes)

The Rest:
>Kayal 7.00 (7mins, 14 votes)
Teixeira 6.78 (97mins, 29 votes)
<Holla 6.31 (90mins, 29 votes)
Dunk 6.17 (97mins, 29 votes)
O'Grady 5.93 (97mins, 29 votes)
>LuaLua 5.53 (79mins, 29 votes)
<March 5.10 (18mins, 10 votes)
J. Bennett 4.98 (97mins, 29 votes)
<Calderon 4.81 (68mins, 29 votes)