Ince 7
Augustin 7
JFC 6
KLL 5
Buckley 5
Barnes 6
Bridcutt 5
Ulloa 5
Maksimenko 7 (looked a lot better than I imagined he would, could do a lot worse than to have him at LB come Saturday!)

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
From my point of view (missed their second goal as was going for a whizz) - bear in mind I've probably had a few too many as well (and failing eyesight)

Ankergren ... some pretty good saves throughout the game, although directly responsible for the third goal... seemed to fall apart after the third goal

Lua Lua .... seemed to be ignored a lot but had some good touches/runs.. IHMO I'd have kept him on longer

Barnes ... had some good touches throughout the game, almost textbook goal but a lot of missed opportunities towards the end (some outside his control though)

Ince ... thought he had a very good game, definitely showing promise, just needs some experience to back it up (Had it not been for barne's goal definitely a candidate for MoM)

Buckley ... some good touches but looks out of shape - lacking his spee

Greer ... seemed to struggle at times, a little bit overly cautious

Calderon .. no way was that a red.... a strong 50/50 challenge, heard the crack in the north.... a yellow at best

Bridders ... fairly straight forward, would have been better if he'd have started

Ulloa ... from what I could see (especially 2nd half IT) double/triple marked a lot, didn't really have a chance to make a difference

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this but there seems to be a general reluctance to shoot among some of the players & we missed a couple of easy looking opportunities due to this

Referee ... Should have gone to specsavers (did anyone wearing a Brighton top run over his kitten or something?)

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Against Norwich too he was constantly going at Maksimenko and when bench giving him instructions looked disinterested. Hope he sorts it

Strong 'rumours' of him leaving in the summer after he posted things on Twitter. Perhaps he wanted/asked to leave but the club said no?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
32 shots, 10 on target

Ankergen 7

Lopez 5
Greer 6
El-Abd 6
Calderon 4

Ince 3
Agustien 6
Forster-Caskey 7
Buckley 6 (not so good)
LuaLua 8

Barnes 8

Maksimenko 7
Bridcutt 7
Ulloa * (not on long enough)

Some very low scores by me.

It was not as though Calderon and David played particularly badly, but just that both are short of pace. David played his normal game.

Congrats to Newport County for the most heroic defending I have seen at the Albion ever. The goal line headed clearance was remarkable, but how did the defender stop the Lualua left footed thunderbolt in the first half?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
From my point of view (missed their second goal as was going for a whizz) - bear in mind I've probably had a few too many as well (and failing eyesight)

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this but there seems to be a general reluctance to shoot among some of the players & we missed a couple of easy looking opportunities due to this

Referee ... Should have gone to specsavers (did anyone wearing a Brighton top run over his kitten or something?)

32 attempts on goal. It was heroic defending by Newport.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
thirty two attempts ???
or thirty two times the ball was just heading towards goal?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
There is something up with LuaLua at the moment, seems very withdrawn and went straight down the tunnel when subbed. This surprised the bench as Matt Miller grabbed a water to pass to him, then shouted Kaz twice before running after him down the tunnel.

His twitter suggested he is off to Newcastle at some point at weekend, hope he sorts whatever it is and comes back firing again. He can be so dangerous.

Was sat right next to dug out and in first half Jones was constantly shouting at Kaz telling him to do things but Kaz just ignored him. At one point he even called Buckley over and asked him to go and "have a word". Lua Lua can be a good player but if he refuses to do as he is being instructed by the management there is no point him being on the pitch. Would be very suprised if he plays saturday.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
2 different spellings of agustein so far ;) keep them coming lads.

This has to be a joke...right? Agustein?

I've seen Agustein..Augustien..Augustein..Augustin...I'm sure there's more out there!!!

Try A gus tie n.....not difficult....then put it all together and you get Agustien.....

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Ince and Barnes and Agustein all good wth Barnes and Agustein showing more passion and effort than the rest put together.

Buckley may have set up the goal but was very very poor as he was in the friendly I went too.

Need to improve quickly and we dont look fit enough. Attack we look okay but at the back...jesus we are going to concede plenty.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Ince and Barnes and Agustein all good wth Barnes and Agustein showing more passion and effort than the rest put together.

Buckley may have set up the goal but was very very poor as he was in the friendly I went too.

Need to improve quickly and we dont look fit enough. Attack we look okay but at the back...jesus we are going to concede plenty.

Agustein. .....I give up!!!!! :wrong:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ankergen 7 - good saves, still doesn't command his area or give confidence from set pieces, but no goals his fault. Potentially on the 3rd should have stayed up right and in front of the player.

Lopez 5 - doesn't look sharp or match fit.
Greer 5 - poor error for 3rd goal
El-Abd 6 - best out of defence but still never sure what to do with the ball
Calderon 5 - didn't link up well with Kaz at all and had a tough time against their left sided players.

Ince 7 - looked good to me, a bit bambi on ice at times, but promising.
Agustien 8 - tired quickly, but looked like he had a real spark and bit of a unit. If we can get him up to speed will be a big difference to us.
Forster-Caskey 7 - lots of possession and flies around the pitch, but seems to lack that killer ball, or ran into trouble.
Buckley 5 - Poor
LuaLua 5 - Poor

Barnes 7 - Was my MOTM at that time, always seemed to be in the right place, battled lots. But finishing left a lot to be desired.

Maksimenko 7 - Looked really composed on the ball, played some good passes. Would not have any problems with him starting at LB, certainly against Derby.
Bridcutt 5 - Didn't really get going
Ulloa 5 - Ditto.

The main concern was fitness and match sharpness, and finishing. 32 shots on goal. 1 goal. Not good enough.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Surprised that people are rating Maxi at anything less than 6, looked good after he came on, should have started imo

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Totally in favour of Maxi starting on Sat (who else do we have anyway?) and I believe he will show he is up to the task. If you're not ready for a start in the Championship at his age, then when are you ready?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Casper 2 - Still think he's sh!t wouldn't be suprised if we got a new gk on a free as back up.
Lopez 4 - didn't do much
Greer 4 - was rubbish
AEA 6 - done ok
Calderon 5 - shame about his red card
Ince 7 - MOM without a doubt, I hope to see him alot this season!
Augustin 5 - I know he's been getting praised on here but I didn;t think he did much :/
JFC 6 - did ok
KLL 6 - did ok
Buckley 6 - did ok
Barnes 6 - did ok shame about all his misses!!!

Ulloa 5 - couldn't do much
Maksimenko 6 - did well once he came on
Bridcutt 6 - should of got an attacking player on not a defending one IMO, but did well.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
What dont we just call him Kemy? Its seems its hard to spell his last name right - Agustien not like Old Stein.

"I" before the "E" and all that.

Feb 3, 2013
Ankegren 5

Calderon 4

Greer 4

El Abd 3

Dave 4

Ince 6
Bridcutt 6

JFC 6
Ulloa 5

Augustien 6

LuaLua 5
Maksimenko 5

Barnes 7

Buckley 5

At the end of the day, you will find worse championship sides than them, even if they were all a bunch of thugs.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Agree with this.
Also can't understand why ElAbd got a 2 year deal why Upson only got a year.

Feb 3, 2013
Also, the thing about Barnes is that he actually puts an effort in, the lack of effort from the team when we're losing explains why we have never won from a losing position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here