Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Millwall

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
yes I am saying the loan deal specifies that he will be selected for every game he is fit for. That arrangement is not unique in football.

That is the craziest thing I've heard for a very long time. So even if a player suffers a serious loss of form the club is forced to play him? Incredible. I'm not actually sure that Gardner has suffered from a loss of form though. From what I've seen he may never have had any "form" to lose.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Stockdale 6 Showed a bit of passion at least. No chance for the goal.

Chicksen 6 Got forward well, defended well
Dunk 6.5 Solid as usual
Halford 6.5 See Dunk
Bruno 5.5 Some brilliant play in the first half, very poor second

Gardner 2 Just useless
JFC 6 Worked his socks off in the 2nd half and was one of the few actually trying to get us back in the game
Teixeira 6.5 Looked good in the first, faded in the second.

Bennett 5 Ok start, then disappeared
March 5 way off the pace but still working his way back in
Bent 5 Hideous service

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
All the while we start with JFC and Gardner in midfield we are going down.
Invisible again tonight yet the will be the first names on the team sheet next game.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Chicksen, March, Teixeira and JFC together wouldn't be able to outmuscle Danny Shittu - the guy is a beast and we play four guys who couldn't lift a spoon together!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
All the while we start with JFC and Gardner in midfield we are going down.
Invisible again tonight yet the will be the first names on the team sheet next game.

I think we can safely say we are down then if he stays as they are first names on the sheet.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale 5. Did his job
Chicksen 6. Victim of Sami reverting to the high full-backs idiocy. But worked hard, looks like he wants to seize chance to get in first team
Dunk 6. Solid as usual
Halford 5. Did his job
Bruno 6. He cares – tries to make a stupid system work.
Gardner 2 Awful – hair always remains in place though
JFC 4. Now trying too hard because over-played – needs a rest
Teixeira 6. Playing to get recalled to Liverpool? Worked hard but poor final ball
Bennett 3. Does he want to be here?
March 4. Trying to re-establish himself – good effort but very rusty
Bent 4. Looks like he wants out already

It’s really hard to give the players marks because they are just doing what Sami tells them. As for Sami – zero.

Danny Shittu was definite MoM – and seems like a good guy too. We need his kind.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
JFC really needs a spell in the reserves or on the bench for a bit or better still send him back on loan to League 1/2. He's got time on his side to improve but he looks so complacent and he's far from undroppable.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale 5
Bruno 6 (Actually looked like he gave a shit)
Dunk 7 MOTM He looked like he was playing CB and CM as the midfield was so poor. He was Heroic in a terrible performance.
Halford 5
Chicksen 4 ???
Gardner N/A Terrible at all times
JFC 4 Tired
Bennett 3 Not good sadly
Tex 4 Tried a bit
March 1 Horrendously one-footed and off the pace. Please tell me he is still unfit...
Bent 2 Can't remember him doing much

Subs:
Paddy 2 Nothing
Colunga 2.5 Better than March

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stockdale 5 - didn't have much to do, one shot and it went in.

Bruno 6 - some decent stuff some dire

Chickson 6 - did OK really

Halford 6 - looked Ok on the ball

Dunk 7 - best player out there, but not a captain leading the team

JFC 5 - at fault for the goal. Part of a midfield that were totally lost

Gardner 4 - really can't see what he brings to the team.

Tex 5 - a few good touches, decision making was dire and final ball never got there. Looked poor in this team with no tactics

Bennett 5 - he tried hard but is out of position in a team with no midfield tactics.

March 4 - out of position in a team with no tactics. No end product. At one stage beat a player twice and then the defender fell over, he waited for him to get up and then tried to beat him again - still no cross into the box!

Bent 5 - were they all told to not get the ball anywhere near him? When they did he had 5 players marking him, someone should have been able to use that alone? Not really worth having him if we can't create any balls from midfield.

Sami 0 - I can't see us getting a goal or another point while he is here. We are getting much worse every game. Players were still doing some of what they had done in previous seasons and we looked OK with poor results. We now look dire with worse results. Why he is still here is beyond me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure my ratings would have been lower if I wrote this last night

Stockdale 4 Distribution to anyone more than a little way away from him was awful. Has been a while. Too many times he kicked too high for the wing backs to get the ball by the touch line, or into an area where there were no Brighton players to receive it.
Bruno 5 Passing was awful at times, but showed some effort
Dunk 5 A few key blocks, including one after he himself switched off and let them in behind, not sure he's captain material, his response to the goal was not to pick the team up but to lay there for a minute or two while everyone else trudged back to their positions. Maybe he was slightly injured but didn't receive treatment?
Halford 4 Ok in defence, but when he was pushed forward for the last 5-10 minutes at least three times the ball fell near him and he didn't move, he made no effort to get to the ball.
Chicksen 4 Too lightweight, backing out of challenges, not being positive enough hesitating with crosses
Gardner 3 Continues to be wasteful with shots outside the area, no strength, backing out of challenges, poor passing (decisions and execution)
JFC 4 At times he looked like he was trying, the rest of the time no strength, backing out of challenges, poor passing (decisions and execution)
Teixeira no strength, backing out of challenges, poor passing (decisions and execution)
E Bennett 3.5 Not lived up to expectations yet, poor crosses, poor decision making
Bent 3 At this level you would expect him to do better with the few chances he had, but even he seems to already be losing interest
March 4.5 I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as he is coming back from a long term injury, but like the others - no strength, poor decision making etc

Colunga 3.5 Seemed out of touch and step behind
McCourt 3.5 Some promising attacking movements, one of the few people to try to attack when he had the ball, but offered nothing in defence to the point he let Millwall in for a chance late on.

That was a team with no confidence, no fight, no desire, no execution, no ability to make the right choice, no ability to make a choice quickly, no ability to pass the ball, no willingness to make themselves available. No evidence that any of the players actually know how to play football. For corners Millwall would have 11 men in the box, we would have five, and then we wonder why they always get met by opposition players.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stockdale 5

Bruno 4
Dunk 5
Halford 4
Chicksen 2

JFC 2
Gardner 3.5
Teixera 5
Bennett 4
March 4

Bent 4.5

Subs:

Colunga 2
Mccourt 4

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale 6 Didn't do anything wrong, showed a bit of fight. I hope he's vocal in the dressing room.
Bruno 5 Not his best game, but he tried to make something happen.
Halford 6 To be fair to him, he showed a lot of fight and desire and I respect that from a one month loanee, attitude seems good.
Dunk 6 Such a good player, we'll struggle to keep hold of him in January.
Chicksen 4 Needed more protection and support on the left, his inclusion was ridiculous.
Gardner 4 Another poor performance, but I blame Sami and his tactics.
Forster-Caskey 5 Gets more criticism than his due, but exposed by the tactics.
March 5 Not involved enough, working his way back to fitness. Needs game time, and finishing practice.
Bennett 5 Not at his best, but you can see he is a class above. No concerns about his work rate and attitude.
Teixeira 5 Threatens so much but offers so little from the left, he should have been in the centre. So lightweight.
Bent 5 A lack of work rate last night, but not given much to work with either. Still a class above.

Subs
Colunga 2 Tragic performance, attitude does not look good.
McCourt 5 Bless him, he had a go. He earnt his hot meal last night.

Sami 2 Happy to see him on the touchline waving his arms and looking frustrated, felt sorry for him with the chanting against him, that is harsh during a game when he needs support. He also needs one of the performance analysts we're wasting money on to tell him his tactics are, frankly, shocking. The centre midfield pairing of Garnder and JFC is ineffective, we need Holla, Ince or Toko in there being ugly and stopping things developing. Even Kemy Agustien would offer more physicality and presence in there which is what we need. We also don't need to shoehorn Gardner into the team, recalling Chicksen and dropping Joe Bennett in order to accommodate Gardner is absolutely ridiculous. He didn't have many options from the bench last night, but he's not getting anything out of anyone. He's in a lot of trouble and if he's given a stay of execution, he needs to pick up a result or two in the next two games. If he gets any.

Whoever organises stadium security 2 The stewards protecting the South West corner were massively exposed when the Millwall fans got bored, and remembered they're Millwall fans so they're meant to act like morons with a cause. The response to the escalating problem was slow, and then the kettling of their fans to the station post match was very poor. It wasn't an easy night for the police, and full respect to them for the job they did - but their hierarchy let them down badly in my opinion and lessons need to be learnt from last night. From what I saw I would suggest the numbers were there, but the organisation and tactical nous wasn't. Maybe Sami was responsible for their deployment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Dunk 5.94 (97mins, 18 votes)

The Rest:
Halford 5.14 (97mins, 18 votes)
Bruno 5.08 (97mins, 18 votes)
Teixeira 4.92 (97mins, 18 votes)
Stockdale 4.83 (97mins, 18 votes)
Chicksen 4.33 (97mins, 18 votes)
>McCourt 4.28 (22mins, 9 votes)
Bent 3.81 (97mins, 18 votes)
<E. Bennett 3.64 (75mins, 18 votes)
Forster-Caskey 3.56 (97mins, 18 votes)
<March 3.03 (68mins, 18 votes)
Gardner 2.71 (97mins, 17 votes)
>Colunga 2.69 (29mins, 8 votes)

Squad average: 4.15

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Dunk 5.94 (97mins, 18 votes)

The Rest:
Halford 5.14 (97mins, 18 votes)
Bruno 5.08 (97mins, 18 votes)
Teixeira 4.92 (97mins, 18 votes)
Stockdale 4.83 (97mins, 18 votes)
Chicksen 4.33 (97mins, 18 votes)
>McCourt 4.28 (22mins, 9 votes)
Bent 3.81 (97mins, 18 votes)
<E. Bennett 3.64 (75mins, 18 votes)
Forster-Caskey 3.56 (97mins, 18 votes)
<March 3.03 (68mins, 18 votes)
Gardner 2.71 (97mins, 17 votes)
>Colunga 2.69 (29mins, 8 votes)

Squad average: 4.15

Thats a pretty good summary of exactly what was on show , simply not good enough all over the pitch .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here