Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Millwall

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
So it isn't Sami's fault that Holla and Ince were on the bench whilst the eternally shite Gary Gardner and JFC- who has been poor for months now- kept their places?

Tell me how the midfield that started and failed against Derby started again today. Ince came on against Derby and made a difference, today not even brought on even though we were crap. What have Ince and Holla got to do to start a game. It would appear the JFC and Gardener can be bad week in week out and not be dropped. Surely if team is losing every week a decent manager would try something different. Sami is clueless and if TB can't see that then so is he.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was up there with a performance under Adams mk 2. Inept

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stockdale 4

Bruno 2
Dunk 3
Halford 5
Chicksen 3

JFC 1
Gardner 1
Teixera 5
Bennett 2
March 2

Bent 3

Subs:

Colunga 2
Mccourt 3

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale seems to have come out of this lightly. He had three saves to make that I recall one was easy, one he pushed out to the edge of his box and one he let in. His distribution was poor too. I would love to know his stats for shots and saves this season as apart from the end of the Rotherham game and Norwich away it seems shots on target end up in the back of the net. He doesn't do great saves does he and that goes some way to explaining why we are in the drop zone.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I didn't notice an awful lot positive I have to say. Bruno was ok, Paddy was the only one to spot a forward pass and able to execute it, Dunk looked ok. Tex was all nice build up and no end product at all (Virgo described his performance as appalling). Chicksen was keen but cannot deliver a cross, Bent had no service at all. JFC and Gardner spent most of the game on their backsides. Solly seems unable to decide what to do with the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 6 - nothing to do
Bruno - 5 - below par
Chicksen - 5 - lacks confidence playing for us
Halford - 7 - Thought he did well
Dunk - 8 - Only good player

Ok here we go then.....

JFC - 3 - pointless
Gardner - 3.5 - marginally better, but not by much. Send him back to Villa, loan rubbish and has been all season
E.Bennett - 4 - He is not a central midfielder and should stay out wide drifting in only ocassionally.
Texeirra - 4 - I'm sure I'll get lambasted by NSC, as many love a 'flash harry', but no final product, wrong decision making. Wasted loan, send back to Liverpool.
March - 3 - Hopeless

Bent - 5 - no service, could've watched with me in the stands.

McCourt - 6 - On the pitch (?16 mins), 3 penetrating passes that created opportunities, more than the others did.......
Colunga - 3 - Confidence shot through the crowd barracking, Rodriguez mk 2.

Hyypia - 0 - Useless, terrible team selection. How he could leave Ince out after Derby was beyond belief. Texeirra is just too light.

Crowd - Got going, when the trouble flared, thought the Oscar Garcia chant was cringeworthy, and its not as though that football was entertaining!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 3 - shit
Bruno 6 - not shit
Chicksen - 4 reasonably shit
Dunk 7 - MOTM not shit
Halford 6 - not shit
Gardner 2 - complete shit
JFC - 4 shit for the goal, not so shit after
Bennett 3 - one good delivery but shit in the main
March 2 - beyond shit
Texeira - 6 not shit
Bent 4 - hints of shit

Colunga 4 - generally shit
McCourt 6 - not shit

Hypia - the shit must stop here, git rid of the leader of shit ASAP.

What a load of shit!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Haven't a couple of players said recently that they all back the manager, on that performance no they don't.

We all know that Hyypia should go but that was a pathetic performance and they should hang their heads in shame,at this moment in time apart from Dunk I would be happy to get rid of the lot of them.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I didn't notice an awful lot positive I have to say. Bruno was ok, Paddy was the only one to spot a forward pass and able to execute it, Dunk looked ok. Tex was all nice build up and no end product at all (Virgo described his performance as appalling). Chicksen was keen but cannot deliver a cross, Bent had no service at all. JFC and Gardner spent most of the game on their backsides. Solly seems unable to decide what to do with the ball.

Agreed.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So it isn't Sami's fault that Holla and Ince were on the bench whilst the eternally shite Gary Gardner and JFC- who has been poor for months now- kept their places?

The selection of Gardner is out of his hands, that came with the deal struck when he was loaned, therefore Gardner is not down to Sammi, granted however I don't rate the guy. Holla, needs to lose some weight and be more mobile and Ince is a defensive midfielder who didn't fit the game we tried to play last night. Have either Holla or Ince had an outstanding game this season?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I thought Chicksen did surprisingly well. Lots of running around and showed some genuine effort. Worst on the field for me was Bent - lethargic, poor positional play and no passion.

Bottled a 50-50 challenge with five minutes to go in the oppositions half.
If he wins the challenge, he can whip a cross into the box.
Calderon should have played last night rather than Chicksen.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale 5 - Fat

Bruno 5 -
Chicksen 4 Lightweight
Dunk 6.5 - Easily our best player yesterday
Halford 6 -

Gardner 2 - Lightweight and useless
JFC 4 To much football needs a break, out of form and looks lost in our system
Bennett 3 - You can see he has been out long term with injury, we don't need someone trying to get fitness and form back
March 2 - Was he on the pitch?
Texeira 4 - Lots of promise but no delivery, very lightweight

Bent 4 - Bet he cant wait to leave, must be wondering what he has walked into

Colunga 3 - Lightweight, utter pants cross near the end w%%ker
McCourt 3 - Pony, average going forward very weak defending. Halford gave him a right earful after he lack of tracking back

Hyppia 0 - Slave to a system, trying to make sure all the loan happy as well, Dealt a poor hand in a setup that is utter plop but he has made a bad situation twice as bad as it should be.

Bloom, Barber and Burke 0 - Bloom sort it now and not just the manager!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Exactly. The manager is causing his own problems with his shyte team selection. At least Ince makes things happen. If I was him I would be thoroughly pissed off to be left on the bench while Gardner and JFC ponced around doing sweet FA. And I don't know why Holla is not playing. Again far better than Gardner or JFC.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stockdale- 4 not a lot to do but still looks dodgy
Bruno- 3 why do with offer pointless contract extensions as he gets worse every season
Dunk- 7 MOM great player
Halford- 4 crap
Chicksen-5 energetic and tried

JFC- 1 one shot,but pointless as per everyweek
Gardner- 2 useless
Bennett- 5 average but better than most

Teixeira- 6 looked great,but just over does things grrrr
March- 1 did nothing really
Bent- 4 no service

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Stockdale 5 - Fat

Bruno 5 -
Chicksen 4 Lightweight
Dunk 6.5 - Easily our best player yesterday
Halford 6 -

Gardner 2 - Lightweight and useless
JFC 4 To much football needs a break, out of form and looks lost in our system
Bennett 3 - You can see he has been out long term with injury, we don't need someone trying to get fitness and form back
March 2 - Was he on the pitch?
Texeira 4 - Lots of promise but no delivery, very lightweight

Bent 4 - Bet he cant wait to leave, must be wondering what he has walked into

Colunga 3 - Lightweight, utter pants cross near the end w%%ker
McCourt 3 - Pony, average going forward very weak defending. Halford gave him a right earful after he lack of tracking back

Hyppia 0 - Slave to a system, trying to make sure all the loan happy as well, Dealt a poor hand in a setup that is utter plop but he has made a bad situation twice as bad as it should be.

Bloom, Barber and Burke 0 - Bloom sort it now and not just the manager!!

You are right about March. However why was he played out of position on the right when he is totally left footed. Is that a sensible way to treat a young player coming back from injury? Will that build his confidence? I doubt it

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The selection of Gardner is out of his hands, that came with the deal struck when he was loaned, therefore Gardner is not down to Sammi, granted however I don't rate the guy.

Are you saying that the club agreed a loan deal that specified that the player HAD to play every game? You must be joking. If that is the case Sammi should just tell Villa he's useless and send him back.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
You are right about March. However why was he played out of position on the right when he is totally left footed. Is that a sensible way to treat a young player coming back from injury? Will that build his confidence? I doubt it

Yes indeed, he will be destroyed as a player under this clown as JFC is at present.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its got nothing to do with Sami, he doesn't do the deals, its down to the director of football and the financial director. Sami may think he wants to send him back and sami may think he doesn't want to select him, but the decision is out of his hands. yes I am saying the loan deal specifies that he will be selected for every game he is fit for. That arrangement is not unique in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here