Subs:

Ince 6
March 7

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What do people watch?

Dunk was an 8 . He was immense, won almost every ball, nearly scored again.

Late back for the second half then punk:

Missed a sitter ?

Second half? I didn't see that one, I did see him put it over from one foot out in the first half, and in the seond turn his back on the ball as he run past it when it would have been easier to actually attack the ball, instead he gifted McCormack a run at goal.

Certainly not an 8. No one was an 8 today. Anyone who may have been on course for one, lost it when we went ahead and everyone stopped playing.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bruno looking totally pissed off on more than one occasion. I didn't think he had a bad game. JFC on the other hand .......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand the comments that Stockdales distribution was great. On too many occassion he threw the ball to a player who was marked tightly thus putting him in trouble. He couldnt do anythjng about either goal and his handling of crosses was good.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I cannot understand the comments that Stockdales distribution was great. On too many occassion he threw the ball to a player who was marked tightly thus putting him in trouble. He couldnt do anythjng about either goal and his handling of crosses was good.

It is 'heart in the mouth' stuff at time, and to extent I agree. But when he drives it to the RB or LB, 80-90% of the time he is quite accurate, I just hate it when he does it centrally as Ince doesn't know what is behind him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Second half? I didn't see that one, I did see him put it over from one foot out in the first half, and in the seond turn his back on the ball as he run past it when it would have been easier to actually attack the ball, instead he gifted McCormack a run at goal.

Certainly not an 8. No one was an 8 today. Anyone who may have been on course for one, lost it when we went ahead and everyone stopped playing.

Thankyou for your opinion. My opinion was that he was the outstanding player on our team yesterday. An 8 was warranted.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
It is 'heart in the mouth' stuff at time, and to extent I agree. But when he drives it to the RB or LB, 80-90% of the time he is quite accurate, I just hate it when he does it centrally as Ince doesn't know what is behind him.
I would think that if Ince is receiving the ball in that position from the goalkeeper he has the confidence in Stockdale to know that he is OK to receive it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stockdale 7 - not a lot to do but saved everything he could and passing was excellent. Couldn't have stopped either goal.
Bruno 5 - hit and miss. Some great lung busting runs and nice passing and some complete awfulness
Bennett 5 - great feet, can't defend
Hughes 6 - tidy job
Dunk 7 - Great game, either him or Bent were my MoM
Gardner 5 - some nice passing, needs to butt out of set pieces
JFC 2 - terrible
Bennett 6 - didn't offer much but he's always a threat
KLL 6 - looked dangerous till he got injured
Colunga 4 - all four points for the pass that set the goal up. No matter how wrong the first booking was he was a spoiled petulant child afterwards, thinking only of himself and not the team
Bent 7 - Scored, wound up the Fulham fans, was a constant threat and won stuff in the air. The number nine we've needed to replace Leo

Ince - 4 - What happened to the Ince who played for Garcia? This new version is sloppier and far less likely to beat Chuck Norris in a fight
Solly - not on long enough

Sami - 0

Hooper (Ref) - 1 - Typical performance from the Bournemouth fan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
David Stockdale 6 Did nothing wrong.
Bruno 5 He had a bad game, needs to be introduced to Elliott Bennett.
Aaron Hughes 6 Solid enough at the back, powerless to stop the flow of attacks.
Lewis Dunk (C) 88 Just to balance out the ridiculously low scores. By far our best player, such a talented player (enjoy him while he's here).
Joe Bennett 7 Very consistent at left back, a much better footballer than Ward.
Elliott Bennett 7 Our most creative player, so naturally, it was him who came off.
Gary Garnder 6 Unimpressive.
Jake Forster-Caskey 6 Ineffective in the wrong shape and tactics, he would have more influence in a 4-4-2, like the first 25 minutes.
Kazenga LuaLua 5 Didn't fancy carrying on, desperate to come off. Good cross early on, still an impact player late on.
Adrian Colunga 5 Poor attitude, but 2 assists in 2 games with good deliveries and in the right team would be a player. Weaker than a newborn pup.
Darren Bent 7 Showed a more natural understanding of the game than we're used to from strikers, good instincts.

Subs
Rohan Ince 5 Thought he was our MOM at Norwich, but did nothing positive. Substitution was all wrong.
Solly March 6 Looked sharp and bright, good to see him back.

Sami Hyypia 1 Starting line up was very good, 4-4-2 shape, Colunga alongside Bent giving them a chance, Gardner and JFC given more responsibility in the team rather than having a third water carrier in the midfield (until Hyypia decided to completely change our shape and baffle the players), the fullbacks playing as actual fullbacks and the wingers playing wide. It all started so well, and then the tactical stupidity took over and the full backs as wingers mistake was repeated. Again. Why is he so belligerent that he can't see it doesn't work? I think he is destined to fail because he won't learn from the mistakes and he won't change the tactics that obviously don't work. He can't blame anyone but himself, the players are good enough but at the moment, he isn't. Shape up, or ship out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bruno got a 5?!?!?!?!?! imo the worst performance hes had for us and was crap all game. like truly crap. other than that agree although would give bent a 7, and jfc and gardner 3's apiece

What would you give Bruno?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not a bad game football. Very open and a decent amount of skill on view. However as an Albion supporter another dreadfully frustrating performance.

Stockdale 6. Not to blame for the goals. Distribution pretty good.
Bruno 6. Usual Bruno, some good, some bad. Was often available on the wing, but not used.
Hughes 7. Decent enough game. Liked his post-match interview on Radio Sussex. Sounds like an intelligent guy.
Dunk 8. MOM.
J. Bennett 6. Decent going forward. Not always sure about his defending.
JFC 4. He plays game after game with no real improvement.
Gardner 6. Played better than of late, but still far from being what we need in that role. Shooting awful.
E Bennett 6. Not the best we have seen of him since his return.
Lua Lua 7. Was looking dangerous before his injury. We definitely looked less potent after his departure. Hope injury not too bad.
Colunga 7. Maybe the best we have seen of him in the first 70 mins. Great cross for the goal. Faded towards the end and stupid yellows.
Bent 7. A proper striker at last! Great goal and two other decent shots. Held up the ball pretty well and OK in the air. Looked interested all game.

Subs
Ince 7. Unlike others on here I thought he had a decent game and his passing, for the most part, was very good.
March - not on long enough to rate, but very good to see him back.

Knocker15

May 18, 2013
Gosport, Hants
Did no body doing the ratings see Stockdale give the ball straight to the opposition to give away the first goal, did nothing wrong? Not at fault for either goal? Good distribution? He set them up!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 6.5

Bruno - 3 - consistently gave the ball away with appalling passing

Dunk - 7.5 - string of superb tackles

Hughes - 7 - better option than GG

Bennett (j) - 6.5

JFC - 6

Gardner - 5

Lua lua - 5

Colunga - 7 - did well up to the point he got booked. Great ball for the goal, and another to Bruno

Bent - 7.5 - with the right service he'll score loads.

E Bennett - 5 - nowhere near the level of performance we've seen so far

March - 7 - cameo but good, and great to see him back

Ince - 6 - faded after he got booked, looked scared to tackle

Sami - 3 - messed it up completely when KLL had to go off and never recovered

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 6
Bruno 4 -- not one of his better games, gave the ball away too much
Hughes 6
Dunk 7 -- classy
Bennett, J 5 -- good going forward, too many of our conceded goals emanate from his side
Gardner 7.5 -- 9 for his first half performance, 6 for the second; you lot don't like him, I do
JFC 3 -- tidy, but once he gets in the final third of the pitch he screws things up, needs a rest
Colunga 7 -- just brilliant for the first 70 minutes, pulling strings and causing problems, ridiculous first yellow by the ref, and a point off for a ridiculous second yellow by him
Bennett, E 4.5 -- really didn't do much
Bent 7 -- strong, fast, good in the air, good movement, and scores goals -- what's not to like?
KLL n/a

Subs:
Ince 4 -- he's really gone backwards, and needs too many touches to get the ball under control
March 7 -- like a breath of fresh air

Apart from those four or five corners at the start of the game, our dead balls were utterly dire; for this, I blame the players, and not Sami. In fact, I still don't really blame him for too much. That said, unless he secures at least two wins in December, he'll be out of a job. I thought the game was fantastic, and we played really well, until we conceded, and we really backed off, and invited them on to us. That was disappointing.

Jimmy Grimble

Gardner did have his best 45 minutes in an Albion shirt in the first half yesterday. Probably wanted to impress Bent. Was bang average in the second half as-per again, though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Dunk 7.21 (96mins, 28 votes)

The Rest:
Bent 6.69 (96mins, 27 votes)
Hughes 6.11 (96mins, 27 votes)
J. Bennett 5.94 (96mins, 27 votes)
>March 5.93 (16mins, 21 votes)
Stockdale 5.87 (96mins, 27 votes)
<LuaLua 5.81 (23mins, 24 votes)
<E. Bennett 5.37 (80mins, 27 votes)
Colunga 5.22 (94mins, 27 votes)
Gardner 5.20 (96mins, 27 votes)
>Ince 5.15 (73mins, 26 votes)
Bruno 4.87 (96mins, 26 votes)
Forster-Caskey 4.11 (96mins, 27 votes)

Squad average: 5.65

Reminder (for those that care about the averages I provide)
-Highest rated player
-Subs on>/off<
-Sent off
-Ratings less than 0 (i.e. negative ratings) are recorded as 0
-Ratings greater than 10 recorded as 10
-Ratings given as "everyone x" or "everyone else x" are only awarded to players who were on the pitch for 10 minutes or more (including injury time).
-If someone specifically rates someone who was on for less than 10 minutes it will be recorded (I note playing time to allow people to take it into consideration when looking at the averages)
-Obvious joke/point making ratings are ignored (e.g. "I didn't see the game, but I bet the ratings are...").
-Ratings from people who make it clear they did not watch the game are not recorded
-Different ratings for the same player by the same poster are averaged (eg if two threads are started and posts in one thread aren't the same as the other thread, or if someone gives a mark for each half - the average of those marks is recorded, unless differences are clarified - "earlier I rated x, but on reflection I think y is fairer")
-I will try to give people a chance to add any they missed, but if it appears you are deliberately missing players I won't bother prompting you
-Any ratings added to the thread after I'd posted the averages will be recorded on my file, but I probably won't update the averages on the thread (unless there is significant change).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here