Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Derby

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry Bruno was atrocious.
At the most a 5 and that's because we won and didn't concede.
The foul throw was the icing on a crap performance, we have just spent 15mins in a shoting gallery and when we need to relieve the pressure he gives them the ball back.
we need Halford very quickly.

A liability. When does his contract end?

A ridiculous summing up but everybody is entitled to an opinion.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just seen the highlights of what I thought was a poor performance from certain players, but all an extra point 7 + 1 for Bruno's total for his throw in which was influential in winning the game.

Tactics I still have not made my mind about. Not challenging for the ball in the centre circle gave Derby an advantage in possession. Thanks to the defence we got away with it. I don't know what Hughton was playing at ???

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Stockdale 9 A game changer for the last 2 home matches. Two superb saves and made the right decision every time
Bruno 5 Still off the pace for me. Our right side was picked apart at times
Greer 6 Distribution still poor but defensively sound
Dunk 8 Excellent display
Bennett 7 Barely noticed him first half but played very well second
Holla 6.5 Kept things ticking over nicely
Kayal 8 Love him. Demands the ball, dictates play and a real positive influence. Future captain
Teixeira 7 Prodded and probed but not as influential as vs. Leeds. Still had a good game though
Calderon 6 Not his best game. As usual, better going forward than defending but still tracked back well
Baldock 6 Decent until the injury
O'Grady 8.5 Simply has to start. Ran all night, held up play well and a quality assist for Lua Lua

Subs
Lua Lua 8 Great to see him try and beat a man and a cracking rifles finish
Stephens 8 Looked back to full fitness. Nice to see someone be a bit opportunistic following up Calderon's shot for the goal
Ledesma 6 Not really on long enough to judge but led a good last minute break

Overall 9 A performance made from stellar goalkeeping and siege mentality defending. Hughton got his subs absolutely spot on (which makes a change from the habit substitutions of previous regimes). Smash and grab but who cares? It's nice to be dealing it out rather than our usual habit of dominating and losing.

Pretty much this, including the substitutions which I think Hughton got spot on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Daylight robbery, we were outplayed from start to finish. However, as has often happened against us, possession means nothing if you cant score.

Ince was outstanding and 'owned' Bennett, though he did make a couple of good blocks and tackles.

Stockdale - 8
Bruno - (have split his marks up) 1st half - 1. 2nd half - 4. - 5
Bennett - 5.5 - given a lesson the majority of the night, one crucial block.
Greer - 6
Dunk - 7
Calderon - 5 - ran around like a headless chicken, his touch was really poor
Holla - 5 - off the pace
Kayal - 6
Texeirra - 6 - too light
Baldock - 6
O'Grady - 8

KLL - 7
Stephens - 7
Ledesma - N/A

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Special mention to Lualua of running into space for the goal. And, of course, finishing with his weaker foot.

In this way Lualua could be better than Peter Ward. Too much before, he wanted the ball to his feet. With this added element to his game, his potential might finally be realised.

I also liked the way Bruno enticed Jamie Ward to go on the outside rather than cut inside and shoot on his stronger right foot.

Forsyth was a formidable opponent and crossed early and well stopping Bruno getting a block in. Bruno was put under pressure as we sacrificed the middle of midfield. I thought he did very well faced with the continual threat of both Ward and Forsyth. When Ward went off, he could get forward a bit, and his throw-in was as good as a corner.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Stockdale 9.05 (98mins, 21 votes)

The Rest:
O'Grady 8.00 (98mins, 21 votes)
Dunk 7.83 (98mins, 21 votes)
>Stephens 7.62 (28mins, 21 votes)
>LuaLua 7.31 (58mins, 21 votes)
<Kayal 7.19 (97mins, 21 votes)
Bennett, J 6.55 (98mins, 21 votes)
Greer 6.50 (98mins, 21 votes)
<Teixeira 6.43 (70mins, 21 votes)
Calderon 6.17 (98mins, 21 votes)
Holla 6.00 (98mins, 21 votes)
<Baldock 5.98 (40mins, 21 votes)
Bruno 5.62 (98mins, 21 votes)
>Ledesma (1mins, 0 votes)

Squad average: 6.94

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
O'Grady 8.5 Simply has to start. Ran all night, held up play well and a quality assist for Lua Lua

"O'Grady 8.00 (98mins, 21 votes)"

Agreed.
O'Grady should be second on the team sheet after Stockdale.
Him and Baldock to start on Tuesday, bring Macca on at 70".
Best really hasn't 'cut the mustard' ... for me anyway; lacks O'Grady's hold up play, strength and 'tekkers'!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
"O'Grady 8.00 (98mins, 21 votes)"

Agreed.
O'Grady should be second on the team sheet after Stockdale.
Him and Baldock to start on Tuesday, bring Macca on at 70".
Best really hasn't 'cut the mustard' ... for me anyway; lacks O'Grady's hold up play, strength and 'tekkers'!

Surely it has to be horses for courses.

Playing CMS against Leeds was a master stroke he ran there defence ragged.This was the the team that were the form team in the division yet we should have scored 8 that night.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
The team as whole played well that night and created a lot. Starting Macca was most probably the right choice, but doesn't the fact that
we should have scored 8 that night.
not make you question that particular strike partnership ... at all? I wouldn't generally start both Baldock and Macca, as I would favour the greater difference between O'Grady/Best and Baldock/Macca.
But the Macca/ Baldock partnership did get us the result vs Leeds... however
What do I know! :wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here