Lingard 6
Ulloa 6

Kaz 6
March 5.5
CMS 6

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Kusczack: 6 - Little to do all night, not much he could do about the goal.
Calderon: 7 - feared the worst after he was booked early on, but got forward well and great link up on the right for the goal.
Greer: 6.5 - passing wasn't as good as it usually it, but did what he needed to.
Upson: 6 - rash challenge for the penalty, and a bit of an off night. It doesn't happen often to be fair.
Ward: 7 - got forward well but he final ball was poor. Could have scored with a rasping effort that Grant did well to keep out.
Andrews: 6 - probably the better of the midfield three - showed a bit of drive.
JFC: 4 - awful display. Sat far too deep (deeper than Andrews in many cases), far too lightweight on the ball and his decision making was at times woeful. I want him to be a success with us, but needs dropping for Sunday.
Orlandi: 5 - embarrassing for the first 20 minutes, and only improved slightly from then on.
Buckley: 5.5 - first 20 minutes was like the Buckley of old - taking on the left back and getting in the box...once he got a knock he didn't trust himself at all. Rightly subbed.
Lingard: 6 - well taken goal, but has a habit of going missing for large parts of the game. Still seemed to stick to the sideline, even when we had both Lua Lua and March on...i was hoping he'd move more central.
Ulloa: 6 - couple of good efforts, some good holding up but far too much complaining.

Subs:
KLL: 6 - too one dimensional. Defenders know how to remove the risk he offers and he doesn't have a plan b.
March: 6.5 - great twists and turns to make Sammon look like a prat and some great energy when coming on.
CMS: 6 - loved seeing him take on 3 players at once (and nearly succeed if not for being fouled). Would have liked to have seen him for much longer than he got.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczack 6. Unlucky for the goal
Calderon 7. He's just better than Bruno
Greer 7. One of his better displays.
Upson 7. Poor tackle for the pen but otherwise good
Ward 8. As usual, was excellent
Andrews 5. Gave the ball away far too often.
JFC 5. Poor but not the only one
Orlandi 5. Looks half the player he was pre-injury (understandably)
Buckley 6. Great start but faded until coming off
Lingard 6. Great start, poor 2nd half
Ulloa 5. Doesn't even look at the ball when going for headers and added very little

Subs:
KLL 7. Brought pace and energy into the game but crossing was very poor
March 8. Looked more dangerous than Buckley by some margin
CMS 8. Fresh legs and it showed. Should start on Sunday

We played well actually as a team although the individual scores don't reflect this completely. The penalty sucked the wind out of us and we lost to a very unlucky goal. Lot's of promise and still hope for Sunday.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Kuszczak 6- Can't really blame him for the second, didn't do anything else.
Calderon 6- Should've bought on Bruno in the second half with Calde on a booking. Faded second half.
Greer 6- What is with the random smashing it forward? Other than that he had a decent game.
Upson 5- No excuses for that ludicrous challenge.
Ward 7- Got forward well and wasn't given much trouble. Shame he doesn't have that extra yard of pace.
Andrews 5- Passing is diabolical. Andrews and JFC DOES NOT WORK in the centre.
JFC- I'm going to have to give him a 0, because I forgot he was on the pitch. Fading terribly.
Orlandi 5- Doesn't look fit. Set-piece taking was disappointing.
Buckley 5- Another that doesn't look fit and hasn't done for a long time.
Lingard 6- Tends to get lost. Took his goal well but needs to be more involved.
Ulloa 5- No support again, what do you expect.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Kusczack 6

Calderon 6
Greer 7 MOM
Upson 5
Ward 6

Andrews 4
JFC 3
Orlandi 6

Buckley 5
Lingard 7
Ulloa 5

KLL 5
March 7
CMS looked good, but not long enough (again)

Oscar 7 (tactics right, but some players (and the ref) failed him

Myself 2 - had to leave at 21:30!!

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013

kuz 6
calde 8 going forward 6 defending 7 overall
ward 7
Greer 7
upson 6
JFC 5
Andrews 8
Orlandi 8
Jesse 7
Buckley 5
ulloa 6

kaz 6
Solly 7
CMS 7

one of our better home performances
again against a better team
but same old same old not scoring enough goals
weak attacking wide play poor crossing ( calde was best )
not making runs to the far post when crosses from other side coming in

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Kusczak - 7 - Did not really have a lot to do.
Calderon - 7 - Work hard for the cause, early booking may of brought an air of caution to his game
Ward - 6 - Got caught pushing on a couple of times, otherwise wanted to push on and support Lingaard and was superb in the 2nd half
Upson - 5 - Unfortunate with the penalty, passing was well off the mark and did not perform to his usual standards
Greer - 7 - A good performance from the skipper who was probably our best player on the night
Andrew - 4 - Unless passing backwards has not got a clue how to pass to a blue and white shirt
JFC - 3 - Did he play last night? Poor Jake was well out of his depth, maybe the pressure got to him?
Orlandi - 6 - Started to look the player he was, however appeared to be lacking pace.
Buckley - 5 - Another injury for Buckley, appears to have lost that spark of acceleration that took him past defenders.
Lingard - 7 - Was always looking for the ball and twice had to run the full length of the pitch to cover for Ward, should never of been taken off.
Ulloa - 4 - Very quickly becoming our own version of Berbatov. Appears in the right place at the right time to notch a few goals but offers little else, always dropping deep and into the channels looking for the ball. As a lone striker surely its his job to be on the end of balls from the wingers, far to often he went strolling off.

Lua lua - 5 - Always puts in a good shift from the bench, unfortunately Wisdom had the better of him last night. Maybe earlier crosses into the box rather than trying to get to the byline would assist Ulloa.
March - 7 - Looked lively and willing to fight, superb prospect.
CMS - 8 - Macca gets an 8 for the sheer workrate he put in during the 10 minute cameo appearance, if every play fights like him and puts the effort in we can turn the 2nd leg around

Oscar -4 - Substitutions were toO predictable. CMS should have replaced Buckley giving us a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 Formation, Ince should have replaced JFC. Then either March or Lua Lua could have replaced Lingaard or Orlandi preferable the latter.

Just my opinion but thats what i viewed last night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
March 8. Looked more dangerous than Buckley by some margin

Funny isn't it March seem to get all the big marks because he can run with the ball and do tricks etc but never set up a goalscoring opportunity yet Buckley had an assist in the goal is judged as poor by others.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The German commentator here bigged up Calderon most but was very critical of Orlandi - in short, skilful but frustrating.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Funny isn't it March seem to get all the big marks because he can run with the ball and do tricks etc but never set up a goalscoring opportunity yet Buckley had an assist in the goal is judged as poor by others.

I know what you mean. I guess it's because I still expect more from Buckley. Possibly because he's proved he can be better than he has been of late. March is still in his moneymoon period and is exciting, plus the part when he took it past Connor Sammon twice by the by-line way wonderful to watch.

That said, I do agree on March's end product or lack thereof...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i really cant understand why people are so negative, we played pretty well last night and bossed the game, against a very good side.

The luck didnt go with us, thats all.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I watched some of the match when I got home, and reckoned Buckley had a much better first half than I'd realised - and than people here are crediting him with. He was running at the Derby defence with the ball through the middle and they didn't like it. I wonder whether our first 20mins seemed particularly effective as he & the other forwards were switching positions a lot, which they stopped doing as the game went on?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know what you mean. I guess it's because I still expect more from Buckley. Possibly because he's proved he can be better than he has been of late. March is still in his moneymoon period and is exciting, plus the part when he took it past Connor Sammon twice by the by-line way wonderful to watch.

That said, I do agree on March's end product or lack thereof...

Bit like Lua Lua when he produces a bit of skill and then shoots into the crowd, March's great dribbling skills are quickly forgotten when the resulting free kick goes straight over everybody and out for a goal kick.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Kuszczak - Unlucky with the goal, little to do otherwise: 6.5
Calderon - Good going forward but looked defensively shaky at times: 6.5
Greer - Good performance from him yesterday, looked to be driving the team on at times: 7.5
Upson - Surprised by how he played, some sloppy passes and not like him to dive in for that tackle which resulted in the penalty: 5.75
Ward - Solid: 7
Andrews - I actually thought he was okay, several misplaced passes though: 6.5
Forster-Caskey - Poor heading put us under pressure, not enough influence on the game when we had possession. He is young though and will improve: 5.5
Orlandi - Quiet, looked lively at times but didn't really create much: 6
Buckley - Very saddening how he has declined due to injuries, didn't do much wrong but offered little: 6
Lingard - Well taken goal but quiet thereafter: 6.75
Ulloa - Some decent hold up play: 6.5

Subs:

Lualua - I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a player. Could offer so much in attack but seems to prefer standing still, having 3 or 4 Derby players descend on him before shooting/crossing erratically wide: 3
March - Good performance from him, great strength and pace. I'd start him ahead of Buckley on Sunday: 7
CMS - Not on long enough to mark but had a great run down the East side and harried their players.

This

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Kuszczak 6- Can't really blame him for the second, didn't do anything else.
Calderon 6- Should've bought on Bruno in the second half with Calde on a booking. Faded second half.
Greer 6- What is with the random smashing it forward? Other than that he had a decent game.
Upson 5- No excuses for that ludicrous challenge.
Ward 7- Got forward well and wasn't given much trouble. Shame he doesn't have that extra yard of pace.
Andrews 5- Passing is diabolical. Andrews and JFC DOES NOT WORK in the centre.
JFC- I'm going to have to give him a 0, because I forgot he was on the pitch. Fading terribly.
Orlandi 5- Doesn't look fit. Set-piece taking was disappointing.
Buckley 5- Another that doesn't look fit and hasn't done for a long time.
Lingard 6- Tends to get lost. Took his goal well but needs to be more involved.
Ulloa 5- No support again, what do you expect.

Re ulloa. I expected him to perhaps win just 1 header v Buxton........ Alas it wasn't to be..... Buxton had him in his pocket all night...
Poorest I've seen ulloa

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
The German commentator here bigged up Calderon most but was very critical of Orlandi - in short, skilful but frustrating.

Were you watching Sport digital?
If so, I thought the commentary was terrible.. Derby biased and he was calling us Brighton Hoof and Albion before the game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here