Ward 7

Ince 7.5
JFC 7.5
Crofts 7
Dave 6
Conway 7

Barnes 7.5

Subs

Bridcutt 10. Just because he's Liam Bridcutt, and its so good to have him back.
Lita 6.5

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
:banghead:

Not sure what the banghead is all about because the game I was at our defence kept a clean sheet with a mainly young and inexperienced midfield in front of them, And playing against a striker who cost a hell of a lot of money. Going by a lot of the ratings on here for our defenders you'd think we got thrashed rather than won 3-0

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hardly a single ball went forward from the back that didnt go through Greer - mostly short passes and accurate - but many seem to not notice? Strange :(

I suspect he and Bruno will be top of the stats for passes attempted and GG top for pass completion

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
We weren't brilliant, but I'm not too concerned. Bruno was a worry - why is he being picked ahead of Calderon? Having said that, there were dashes of inspiration between his aberrations. Ince was a big presence, needs to work on the backwards headers and passing a bit - got us into a spot of trouble a couple of times in the first half. Ward looked solid. Great to see Bridcutt. Can only now appreciate what a signing Ulloa was and how much we miss him, despite the last two matches.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What can a keeper do to get 10? I can't see how Tom could have played better, should be getting tens across the board.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
What can a keeper do to get 10? I can't see how Tom could have played better, should be getting tens across the board.
It was a good performance which is expected at this level, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Long range shots dealt with comfortably and sound positioning 'tis all.
Ince coming along nicely and JFC having more impact in between moments of invisibility. Barnes works his cotton socks off and deserved the plaudits. Bruno not as inept as some would have you believe, tried to force the game too much in the first half though. A comfortable performance all round rather than an electric one against a side that doesn't travel too well

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Not sure what the banghead is all about because the game I was at our defence kept a clean sheet with a mainly young and inexperienced midfield in front of them, And playing against a striker who cost a hell of a lot of money. Going by a lot of the ratings on here for our defenders you'd think we got thrashed rather than won 3-0

Couldn't keep the ball for 5 seconds between them, Bruno was hiding in CB for half the game. Pass completion was probably 4%, nearly gave them a penalty (or two), and to top it off he had orange and yellow boots. You don't deserve that when you can't clear a ball. Worst player on the pitch by a mile

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Couldn't keep the ball for 5 seconds between them, Bruno was hiding in CB for half the game. Pass completion was probably 4%, nearly gave them a penalty (or two), and to top it off he had orange and yellow boots. You don't deserve that when you can't clear a ball. Worst player on the pitch by a mile

That's not true. Worst player on the pitch was surely Blackburn's sub who gave away the penalty and was pretty awful throughout.

As for Bruno, the reason he is picked ahead of Calde is he is a better player. He can do brilliant things and then gives it away carelessly but he is not as bad as some on here would have you believe.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kusczack 8 - crucial saves
Bruno 6 - slow start to game but got better. A couple of sublime through balls
Upson 5 - a bit shaky at times
Greer 6 - put in a good shift
Ward 7 - give us some solidity and improving going forward
Crofts 6 - hard working, goes under the radar
Ince 7 - some great runs, slightly lacking finished product but effective
JFC 7 - industrious and probably our best midfielder yesterday
Conway 7 - improving for fitness, can now see why we signed him
Barnes 9 - I am in the Barnes mom camp (just) great all round effort and a huge amount of bottle for the pen
David Lopez 6 - more hard work than flair but did well

Subs

Bridcutt 7, Lita 6

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Kusczack 8 - crucial saves
Bruno 6 - slow start to game but got better. A couple of sublime through balls
Upson 5 - a bit shaky at times
Greer 6 - put in a good shift
Ward 7 - give us some solidity and improving going forward
Crofts 6 - hard working, goes under the radar
Ince 7 - some great runs, slightly lacking finished product but effective
JFC 7 - industrious and probably our best midfielder yesterday
Conway 7 - improving for fitness, can now see why we signed him
Barnes 9 - I am in the Barnes mom camp (just) great all round effort and a huge amount of bottle for the pen
David Lopez 6 - more hard work than flair but did well

Subs

Bridcutt 7, Lita 6

wow - pretty sure you saw a different game than the majority.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wouldn't say the pen was poor, he sent the goal keeper thee wrong way. Doesn't matter if it pea rolls
In if the keeper has dived the wrong way.

We've had 3 penalties against Blackburn in the past couple of seasons. Vicente, Spanish Dave and now Barnes have all scored. In every one Kean GK, dived to his right. Barnes obviously has a good memory or glanced at the bench to see which way to go. He did a little dummy move just before kicking it to make sure.

Kuszczak - 9
Bruno - 5
Greer - 6
Upson - 6
Ward - 7
Ince - 7
Crofts - 7
Caskey - 7
Lopez -6
Conway -8
Barnes - 8

Subs

Bridcutt - 7
Lita - 6
El-Abd - N/A

If we play badly and still win, it's the sign of a good team.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
We've had 3 penalties against Blackburn in the past couple of seasons. Vicente, Spanish Dave and now Barnes have all scored. In every one Kean GK, dived to his right. Barnes obviously has a good memory or glanced at the bench to see which way to go. He did a little dummy move just before kicking it to make sure.

Kuszczak - 9
Bruno - 5
Greer - 6
Upson - 6
Ward - 7
Ince - 7
Crofts - 7
Caskey - 7
Lopez -6
Conway -8
Barnes - 8

Subs

Bridcutt - 7
Lita - 6
El-Abd - N/A

If we play badly and still win, it's the sign of a good team.

I am being very lazy but these are a perfect replication of my ratings. Barnes had a good game how ANYONE can give him a 6 or lower I don't know! Koosh was MOM for me especially after we went to sleep on being 2-0 up and their number 7 gave us a good runaround. The penalty could not have been better, how far does a goalie need to be away from saving it ffs.

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
Kuscszack 9 MOM
Bruno 5.5
Greer 6.5
Upson 4 Lucky not to cost us a goal or two
Ward 6 Looked a bit tired today
Ince 8
Crofts 7
Forster-Caskey 8
David 4.5
Conway 7.5 Best game from him today for me
Barnes 7 the worst of him for 34 mins then the best of him. Biggest problem I have with him is I feel he plays for himself not the team. Taking the penalty again today to break his duck shows it.

Bridcutt 6 Lovely to see him back
Lita 5
El-Abd not long enough

Possibly the most idiotic comment ever written on NSC.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Pig 9 MOM
Bruno 4 - sooooo poor yet again, but he teases us now and then with a taste of what he can do with a little clever dummy or inviting through ball now and then. So frustrating.
Upson 6
Greer 6
Ward 7
Ince 7 - did well but a couple of mis-placed passes/miscontrols in dangerous areas
Crofts 6
Jfc 7
Lopez 5
Conway 8
Barnes 7 - generally quiet but composed for the pen and excellent defensively as always

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters - 34 Votes
Kuszczak 8.65
Barnes 7.53 (82mins)
Ince 7.31
Forster-Caskey 7.27 (92mins)
Conway 7.11
Ward 6.76
Crofts 6.53
Greer 6.41
Upson 6.09
David Lopez 5.72 (66mins)
Bruno 4.92

Subs
Bridcutt 6.68 (31mins - 23 votes)
Lita 5.90 (15mins - 21 votes)
El-Abd 5.00 (5mins - 1 vote)

Squd Average - 6.56

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barnes 7 the worst of him for 34 mins then the best of him. Biggest problem I have with him is I feel he plays for himself not the team. Taking the penalty again today to break his duck shows it.

Don't want us to get into one of our silly spats again but I can't think of a single Albion player (barring maybe El-Abd) who gives himself more selflessly for the team than Barnes. Absolutely works his socks off time and time again, often being shoved into positions not natural for him (oo-er).

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Worst player on the pitch was surely Blackburn's sub who gave away the penalty and was pretty awful throughout.

Etuhu was brilliant....for us. Gave away a pen, got booked and looked generally shit all game. Also the first player to head straight down the tunnel at the final whistle.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Don't want us to get into one of our silly spats again but I can't think of a single Albion player (barring maybe El-Abd) who gives himself more selflessly for the team than Barnes. Absolutely works his socks off time and time again, often being shoved into positions not natural for him (oo-er).

That's ok we don't have to agree :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here