Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Ajax (a)

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Bart 7 -- very good, not much chance to shine with his feet
Veltman 8 -- somewhat under the radar tonight. Very assured
JPvH 9 MotM -- utterly brilliant. Showed Amsterdam who the best Dutch CB is
Dunk 7 -- hope he's back after the break
Dahoud 7 -- kept it ticking, excellent ball to break the lines and run forward for our second
Gross 8 -- here, there and everywhere. Technically and tactically stunning
Adingra 8.5 -- an assist, a brilliant finish, and showed his class
Mitoma 7
Pedro 7
Fati 8 -- a brilliant take, acceleration, touch and finish for the goal, superb set-up for the second, and really showing his class in the EL

Gilmour 7 -- kept it ticking
Igor 9 -- didn't put a foot wrong, very composed
Ferguson 6
Pervis n/a ☹️
Baleba 7

Have the finest of nights in Amsterdam all
Pedro was as good as anyone tonight, and I’ve not always been convinced in the past. Pedro, Fati, Adingra all excellent. JPVH too.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Thought the two JPs were the pick of the bunch today. Joao Pedro is an incredible footballer and Van Hecke has adapted so well. Adingra also outstanding and Igor was very good when he came on.

Ansu Fati- We will probably be looking back in three or four years wondering how on earth he was playing for us. If there is any sniff of a potential transfer, I'd be happy to see the club going beyond the final Colwill offer to get him.

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
I’m not going to give any ratings but I’m going to give MotM to JPvH. I thought he gave a great performance tonight, as good as he did in nullifying Haarland when we played ManC at home.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bart 7 -- very good, not much chance to shine with his feet
Veltman 8 -- somewhat under the radar tonight. Very assured
JPvH 9 MotM -- utterly brilliant. Showed Amsterdam who the best Dutch CB is
Dunk 7 -- hope he's back after the break
Dahoud 7 -- kept it ticking, excellent ball to break the lines and run forward for our second
Gross 8 -- here, there and everywhere. Technically and tactically stunning
Adingra 8.5 -- an assist, a brilliant finish, and showed his class
Mitoma 7
Pedro 7
Fati 8 -- a brilliant take, acceleration, touch and finish for the goal, superb set-up for the second, and really showing his class in the EL

Gilmour 7 -- kept it ticking
Igor 9 -- didn't put a foot wrong, very composed
Ferguson 6
Pervis n/a ☹️
Baleba 7

Have the finest of nights in Amsterdam all
I’d give Dahoud 8 but otherwise agree. Thought he had a great game

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brobbey looks the real deal, some CF’s such as Mitrovic, are almost unplayable. I thought the initial tactic of JPVH getting tight was fine, it stopped momentum and disrupted Brobbey playing in team mates. RDZ may’ve adjusted mid first half, as we then cut Brobbey’s supply and it was Goodnight Vienna.
It was partly their own fault, took off a midfielder at half time and gave ours much more time and space at the star of the second half.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Brobbey looks the real deal, some CF’s such as Mitrovic, are almost unplayable. I thought the initial tactic of JPVH getting tight was fine, it stopped momentum and disrupted Brobbey playing in team mates. RDZ may’ve adjusted mid first half, as we then cut Brobbey’s supply and it was Goodnight Vienna.
Totally agree with that. JPVH did a brilliant job containing him. I watched Brobbey thinking that I hope Ferguson develops some if those qualities

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought the two JPs were the pick of the bunch today. Joao Pedro is an incredible footballer and Van Hecke has adapted so well. Adingra also outstanding and Igor was very good when he came on.

Ansu Fati- We will probably be looking back in three or four years wondering how on earth he was playing for us. If there is any sniff of a potential transfer, I'd be happy to see the club going beyond the final Colwill offer to get him.
Rumour was Barca want to sell him but if we get him back to his best either they keep him or his price goes through the roof.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah Dahoud definitely not got enough appreciation for that pass, it was wonderful. He’s a lovely player, like you, thought he was very good.
He was good, and ideally suited to a game with a ball playing ethos and a home side that needed to bring game to us.

Still not sure hes the right player (yet) in MF against the more physcial PL teams.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

That goes for half a dozen recent and current players

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I though that was Bart's best game for us. He looked very assured in his goalkeeping and apart from one rushed/under pressure pass that went out of play I thought he looked a lot better than he has in recent games with the ball at his feet.

I thought Pedro was excellent as was Fati - he makes the game look so simple.

Adingra popped up with another assist and goal which is great.

Very pleasing to see Igor slot in and have a solid game. Maybe his best performance ao far in an Albion shirt.

The rest all did their jobs excellently.

It's absolutely f***ing nuts beating Ajax so comfortably home and away. That second goal just looked so special scoring it at the home of Ajax. More so than if we'd done it in the premier league. Not sure why but it just feels that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here