Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings v Sheff utd

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Players 3-5, fans get a 1 - booing after 20 minutes.. who the **** do you think you are

I'll tell you who we are not. We're not some annoying manager fanboy f**ktard from Sweden who drowns a board he hadn't even known about a year ago in conspiracy theories and football hipster bullshit.

We turn up mate. We turn up every week and we pay a small fortune to do so.

Have some respect or **** off.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 2
Montoya 4
Webster 1
Dunk 3
Burn 5
Stephens 4
Gross 4
Mooy and Propper joint MOTM 6
Maupay 4
Trossard 2

Bissouma 4
Murray 3
Connolly 4

Absolute shocker by Webster and confidence must be shot. Big Shane for Spurs surely. Uncharacteristically poor displays from Dunk and Ryan. Ryan saved by VAR twice and whilst not the main culprit for the goal I thought he should have been able to stop Mcburnie getting the shot off.

Bissouma just looks so naive always jooking for an angle to shoot when there are easier options. Not forgetting shocking dive when in a good position.

Felt sorry for Murray. With hardly any game time and the how we needed to chase this game he was on a hiding to nothing. Gave the ball away or fouled.

Trossard may be an upgrade temperament wise on Knocky but now looks his best role is just as an impact sub rather than than a player who can torment defenders all match long.

What makes today's display so frustrating is that it comes off such a good albeit unrewarding effort at Palace.

Connolly worth a lot more than a 4 did more in the 2nd half than a lot of players did in 90mins

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We were shite, especially Webster followed by Stephens. Ryan too weak and Murray awful.

I didn’t boo but they bloody well deserved to be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
6 being satisfactory.

Ryan 6 No chance with goal didnt do much wrong
Webster 4 Poor game and gave away a goal yet once more
Dunk doesn't look to be happy playing alongside Webster wongly given MOM.
Burn 6 did ok no major problem
Montoya 6.5 one of our better players in the first half.
Propper 5 Not at the races today
Stephens 5 As per Propper
Mooy 7 MOM by far the only who looked to be trying.
Gross 5 Poor and non existent just seemed to hide
Trossard 5 Left isolated and couldn't create anything.
Maupay 6 Tried hard buit got no support or service..
Subs
Bissouma 6.5 Added some energy when he came on.
Murray 5 Offered nothing
Connolly 6.5 Gave us hope but to no avail as GM got in his way.

GP 5 Poor substitutions and totally out thought on his game plan by Chris Wilder.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
6 being satisfactory.

Subs
Murray 5 Offered nothing

GP 5 Poor substitutions and totally out thought on his game plan by Chris Wilder.

Ryan didn’t do much wrong? Blimey BG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From where I sit, the Bissouma foul in the box looked a nailed on penalty.

Obviously not, as VAR didn't kick in and no-one's talking about it.

Anyone got any footage of it?

Leg looked clipped to me :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Every single player had their worst game of the season. A real collective effort. Well done

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Oh dear

Ryan - 2 - Some dent early passes and throws the only redeeming feature of his worst ever performance for us

Montoya - 3 - Didn't seem up for the physical battle
Webster - 1 - I don't give a 1 lightly. I'm not on the lad's case, he came in, looked great, but his form has dropped off a cliff and this alleged superior ball skills to Duffy, i'm not sure actually exists. A bit of time in away from the spotlight needed. No shame in that. He'll have a good career for us.
Dunk - 6 - Six represents his worst game of the season. Looked less comfortable than usual against 2 ok centre forwards. Passed well when he got his head up
Burn - 5 - Solid in defence, but offered little going forward (but his job, really is to defend, so still gets a decent mark)

Stephens - 3 - Too slow in thought today.
Propper - 3- Wasted a lot of final balls, but not bad in possession. Very bad out of possession, second to a lot of balls which were his to win.
Mooy - 5 - Wilder did his homework on him. Needs to play more centrally, which is bad news for Stephens or Propper

Trossard - 2 - Barely touched the ball. No wonder GP took him off
Gross- 2 - Barely touched the ball. No wonder GP took him off
Maupay - 4 - Barely touched the ball. But still somehow carried a threat

Connolly - 5 - direct and makes great rubs in behind. If he is going to play in these wider positions, his delivery needs to improve
Murray - 2 - Went wide, went deep looking for the ball. What? Just bloody occupy the centre backs Muzza. Didn't provide the option he was bought on to provide
Bissouma - 3- found no way through the massed ranks

Next match we need something like ......

Ryan
Duffy Dunk Burn
Alzate Bissouma Stephens Bernardo
Mooy Connolly
Maupay

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Bad day at the office

Ryan 5 jittery, not his confident, assured self
Webster 3 his confidence has been deteriorating rapidly over the past few matches. Painful to watch today.
Dunk 5 given a right hard time by United
Burn 6 better than most in a blue shirt
Montoya 4 plays it far too safe for such a key outlet
Propper 5 not usual self but ok
Stephens 4 up against a brick wall and didn't have tools to break through
Mooy 7 get him signed up
Gross 3 ineffective, rest him
Trossard 3 ineffective, wouldn't be in my starting 11
Maupay 4 so isolated in that first half, looked tired
Subs
Bissouma 7 should have started
Murray 5 only worth a last 10 mins as sub these day
Connolly 7 pace and energy

GP 4 To have played all subs after 50 mins sums his day up

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bad day at the office

Ryan 5 jittery, not his confident, assured self
Webster 3 his confidence has been deteriorating rapidly over the past few matches. Painful to watch today.
Dunk 5 given a right hard time by United
Burn 6 better than most in a blue shirt
Montoya 4 plays it far too safe for such a key outlet
Propper 5 not usual self but ok
Stephens 4 up against a brick wall and didn't have tools to break through
Mooy 7 get him signed up
Gross 3 ineffective, rest him
Trossard 3 ineffective, wouldn't be in my starting 11
Maupay 4 so isolated in that first half, looked leggy
Subs
Bissouma 7 should have started
Murray 5 only worth a last 10 mins as sub these day
Connolly 7 pace and energy

GP 4 To have played all subs after 50 mins sums his day up

Fair ratings, not bumping up the scores for fans favourites.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Spot on about Webster, Trossard & Gross .... the latter two were invisible men, astonishing really.

Trossard created two of our best chances first half despite us never giving him the ball. Short memories. He was a sacrifice substitute because we had to deal with the overloaded midfield second half. Sometimes I think I have gone to the wrong game.

Webster was complete toilet though.

UptheMOOYz

Nov 10, 2019
Ryan - 5 - he made a couple of errors, but solid overall performance with his passing & throws etc

Montoya - 4 - was just ok

Webster - 2 - his passing game was terrible & his failed clearance led to their goal. Very poor

Dunk - 5 - far from his best. Tried too many ineffective long balls instead of building up from the back

Burn - 6 - easily our best player at the back. Good control & passing game with midfield & wing

Stephens - 3 - passing was very ordinary & turned the ball over numerous times. Tried too hard to play the killer ball through to the forward line, but hardly hit the target

Propper - 6 - had a pretty solid game

Mooy - 7.5 - has been consistently outstanding over the last month & a half. Another very good game. Would've been awesome to see his shot go in, but good save

Gross - 4 - just wasn't involved enough to make a difference. Didn't play badly though

Trossard - 5 - same as Gross, not nearly involved enough. When he's on he can turn a game. I think he's also more effective when he's linking up with Mooy down the left

Moupay - 5 - didn't get any service in the first 60 mins. More involved after the subs came on

Subs

Connolly - 6.5 - his energy was the spark the team needed. We looked every chance of salvaging a draw with him & Maupay up front, but just ran out of time.

Murray - 3 - pretty ordinary touch let him down a few times. I'm sorry to say, but he hasn't look like a Premiership player the few times he's come on this season

Bissouma - 6.5 - good control, speed & passing (when he actually does pass it). Looked a threat. His only issue is that he's a slightly selfish player. He'll go for a shot or dribble when a teammate is in a better position - can be frustrating to watch, but should be starting

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 5 - little to do, but two howlers saved by VAR
Montoya - 6
Burn - 7
Dunk - 7
Webster - 2 - The most inept PL performance by a Brighton CB.
Trossard - 5
Mooy - 7
Stephens - 4
Propper - 5
Gross - 4
Maupay - 5 - little service

Connolly - 6
Murray - 3 - finished at this level (and has been since this time last year)
Bissouma - 5 - embarrassing dive.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ok after my pretty annoyed post yesterday about the attending fans rather infantile concept of either lynching or making statues out of the whole team, here is my actual ratings.

Ryan 4 - Too many mistakes. His indecisiveness on corners is pretty worrying as it makes defenders nervous as well.

Burn 6 - did what he does.
Dunk 5 - repaired a lot of the teams mistakes but his passing in the first half really set the tone of the game.
Webster 3 - needs to step up his game or he is going to find himself benched shortly.
Montoya 3 - so much ends with this man having a shit first touch. How the **** can you train with Barca for 12 years and still not be able to receive the ball without it rolling a couple of meters from your feet. I thought he would shine in potterball but im pretty ****ing tired of him.

Propper 5 - did ok but has a tendency of making the easy complicated.
Stephens 4 - started off ok but I feel the impatience of the fans really got to him.
Moody 6 - good on the ball as usual but struggled finding spaces

Trossard 2 - 14 touches in 45 minutes. Yes he didn't get much delivery but if you can't get the ball you need to seek new spaces which he didn't. Needs to improve his football brain.
Maupay 5 - really too high of a rating but I can't really bash him considering the lack of decent delivery.
Gross 3 - his biggest asset by far is his brain and vision so when he gets out smarter he looks very poor.

Murray 3 - is it days, weeks or months before the kid we signed from city takes his place?
Connolly 5 - pace and determination... And the usual tunnel vision.
Bissouma 6 - did a good job but also had it easier than the starters as Sheffield dropped a bit of their pressure.

Potter 10 - just kidding. Anyone rating managers on a game by game basis expose their complete lack of football understanding. Did you attend the tactics meeting before the game? Were you in the dressing room? Did you talk to him about the game plan? No. So what do you really know about his performance? What are you rating, the haircut?
And this does not only apply to Potter but all managers.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Looked to me as though non of them were arsed about today’s game. How can so many players have an off day at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
6 being satisfactory.

Subs
Murray 5 Offered nothing

Very g0od. I would give the bearded man child 7, and Stephens, the worst player on the pitch yesterday, 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here