Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings v Leicester

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Having watched the highlights Crofts was more involved than I thought so gets an extra point

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The principal difference between Tuesday and yesterday was Rohan Ince. What a player! Added strength and bite to our midfield and those around him upped their games. One of the best performances of the season.

Brez 8. Flapped at one cross, otherwise a very good performance and excellent distribution.

Bruno 7. Loses a point for unnecessarily allowing the ball to run out of play for a throw leading to the Leicester goal. Apart from that his best display of the season with some sublime passes.

Greer 6. Was doing OK (no better) until injured.

Upson 8. Very solid game.

Ward 7. Mr consistency, but does he take some responsibility for the poor marking leading to their goal?

Bridcutt 8. Getting back to his best and good to see he can play so well alongside Ince.

Ince 9. My MOM. Great display all round. Looks good every time he gets the ball and always looking to receive the pass.

Crofts 7. Played well without setting the world alight.

Lopez 8. At times looked back to last season's form, particularly in the first half, but knocked off the ball far too easily on a couple of occasions. Great assists for the first two goals.

Conway 8. Great goal, strong game. Getting better the more he plays. Hope we can keep him.

Barnes 8. Needs to stop moaning at refs, but big big improvement on Tuesday. Well taken first goal. Penalty wasn't great, but what the hell, he scored!

Subs:
El Abd 8. Did very well indeed after so little first team action. Central defense looked stronger after the sub.
KLL 7. Great substitution. Did well running at their defense.

Manager 9. Got it right after a miserable Tuesday. Bringing back Ince was absolutely the right thing to do (should have played on Tue unless injured). Initially I was disappointed when I saw he had persisted with Dave, Bruno and Barnes .... but that's why he's the manager and I'm not.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Subs:
El Abd 8. Did very well indeed after so little first team action. Central defense looked stronger after the sub.

QUOTE]

spot on (but poster loses a mark for the spelling of defence).

El Abd looked like he'd never been away, added some steel to the back four, intimidated the Leicester forwards and should start our next match.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brezovan 8. Good early save settled his nerves and he made a couple of great takes from crosses as well as the saves
Bruno 8. Sublime at times
Ward 7. Solid
Greer 6. Playing ok before going off
Upson 8.5. Not getting the credit he deserves. A string of brilliant headers & a couple of fabulous last-ditch tackles
Ince 8.5. Immense
Bridcutt 7. Working his way back to 100%
Crofts 6 Worked hard
Lopez 8 Great delivery! which is key to his game
Conway 8 Looking like a proper player finally
Barnes 8.5 great effort as the lone man

El Abd 5. I thought he was poor today. Silly foul for their goal and did the same thing a few minutes later.
Lua Lua 6. Did ok

Agree 100% for all of the starting 11. Especially your comments on Upson, who was superb.

I differ from you on the subs though. El Abd 6. Decent effort. KLL 7. He was good, and exactly what we needed at the time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brezovan 8
Bruno 8
Ward 8
Greer 7
Upson 9
Ince 9 MOM
Bridcutt 8
Crofts 7
Lopez 8
Conway 9
Barnes 9

El Abd 8
LuaLua 6

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brezovan 8
Bruno 8 A proper full back, at last.
Ward 8 Wasn't so much a test as I thought it would be for him.
Greer 7
Upson 7
Ince 8 Some of the tackles are extraordinary.
Bridcutt 8 Made a difference, influential.
Crofts 7
Lopez 9 MOM Lost his man (not hard) but he put in two precision crosses for goals and finally our forwards are getting the hang of what to do with his through balls. A very professional attitude all through this season. Fitter and faster than last season as well. He even made a pass with his left foot.
Conway 8 Their FB had a mare. An extra point for taking the goal well.
Barnes 8

El Abd 7
LuaLua did not get the ball enough to rate.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Subs:

QUOTE]

spot on (but poster loses a mark for the spelling of defence).

El Abd looked like he'd never been away, added some steel to the back four, intimidated the Leicester forwards and should start our next match.

Defense is the American spelling (as I'm sure you know) ... I have spent so much time there over the years I often forget which is the American spelling and which the British with certain words.

Obviously abject apologies are in order.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
El Abd 5. I thought he was poor today. Silly foul for their goal and did the same thing a few minutes later.

It wasn't a foul, it was a handball. And pretty unlucky considering where the blokes foot was

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Brezovan 8
Bruno 8
Ward 8
Greer 7
Upson 8
Ince 9 MOM
Bridcutt 7
Crofts 7
Lopez 8
Conway 8
Barnes 8

El Abd 8
LuaLua 6

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
First half was close to perfect, and bar that 5-10 minute spell after their goal we were always in control. Everyone gave a good account of themselves, Ince, Conway, Lopez, Bruno and Dave particular highlights, along with Brez who looked surprisingly assured. I don't like how far he is ready to come to claim a cross at all, but he did really well. AEA also did a solid job. Marking was poor for their goal but we got what we deserved in the end.

Brez- 8- A couple of nervous moments, but looked to gain his confidence and composure as the game went on.

Bruno-8- Return to form, did v.well with Dave down the right
AEA-7- Did well considering his lack of game time this season. Not concerned with Greer's absence with AEA to fill in.
Upson-8- Really leads the back-line. Think he is more suited to captaincy in Greer's absence than Bridders.
Ward-7- Proving to be a good signing. Whether he will be worth going for next season remains to be seen.

Ince-9 MOM- A colossus. Works so hard, always chasing back and looking to get forward. Such a promising talent.
Bridcutt-8- He can play with Ince. Saturday proved that. Completely overpowered them in the middle.
Crofts-7.5- Quietly went about his business and put in another good performance.

Lopez- 9- Two wonderful assists. Deliveries were hit and miss but did it when it counted, really happy for him.
Conway- 8.5- Tore them apart at times. Really coming into his own now, would be worth a shout if we can snatch him up cheap.

Barnes-8.5- Worked his socks off. Majorly isolated again but made the best of it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters - 37 Votes
Ince 8.58
Conway 8.19
David Lopez 8.19 (75mins)
Barnes 8.07
Bruno 7.93
Brezovan 7.88