Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings v Leicester

Stumpy Tim

Brezovan 8. Good early save settled his nerves and he made a couple of great takes from crosses as well as the saves
Bruno 8. Sublime at times
Ward 7. Solid
Greer 6. Playing ok before going off
Upson 8.5. Not getting the credit he deserves. A string of brilliant headers & a couple of fabulous last-ditch tackles
Ince 8.5. Immense
Bridcutt 7. Working his way back to 100%
Crofts 6 Worked hard
Lopez 8 Great delivery! which is key to his game
Conway 8 Looking like a proper player finally
Barnes 8.5 great effort as the lone man

El Abd 5. I thought he was poor today. Silly foul for their goal and did the same thing a few minutes later.
Lua Lua 6. Did ok

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not going to read anyone else's before posting so here goes:
Brez - 7 did a sterling job at short notice
Ward -7 solid, fairly comfortable afternoon
Upson - 8 a very good game
El abd- 7 could have marked him down slightly for distribution but cometh the hour...
Bruno - 8 not a fan, but he was fabulous today. That pass to Conway that resulted in the third goal was perfectly weighted
Bridcutt -7 didn't look sharp in the first 25 but really grew into the game
Ince - 9 what a find!
Lopez - 7.5 still quite subdued bar two moments of magic. Great to have the real David back (even if it is in flashes)
Crofts - 6 lacked any major influence on the game
Conway - 8 a very good performance. Would gave liked to see him take on the yellow carded full back more but that's not really his game. Took his goal well and the cross to Barnes for the third was a peach
Barnes - 7 typical Barnes performance. From the sublime to the ridiculous. Great finish on his left for the goal. Got away with a shite penalty

Lua lua - 7 looked rusty but the outlet and the pace helped
Ref 3 - played advantage well at times but lost his marbles second half
Garcia - 9 well done sir. I have to admit to doubting you on Tuesday but you did well today

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Brezovan 8
Bruno 8
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 7
Bridcutt 7
Ince 8
Crofts 7
Lopez 9
Conway 8
Barnes 9

El-Abd 8
LuaLua 7

Outstanding today, best performance of the season.

Oh, Dean Hammond 2.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Brezovan 8 -done well coming into team, some great passes.

Bruno 8 -getting back to his best.
Upson 7 -solid
Greer 7
Ward 8 -really settled, Wayne who?

Bridcutt 7- works well With Ince, one player always sits which let's the other push on.
Ince 9 -easy MOM for me, didn't put a foot wrong, and scared the shit out of Leicester, the way he out strengths players is scary.
Crofts 7 -loads of good running.
Lopez 8 -can pick a pass better than anyone in team.
Conway 8- getting better and better, making the people that slagged him off after a few games stupid.
Barnes 8- loads of running, done well against Wes Morgan.

El-Abd 7
LuaLua 7

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David Nugent: 0

One of the worst individual performances I can think of at the Amex. He achieved absolutely nothing for the entire time he was on. I can't recall him even touching the ball, let alone having any kind of meaningful shot.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Brezovan 8. Good early save settled his nerves and he made a couple of great takes from crosses as well as the saves
Bruno 8. Sublime at times
Ward 7. Solid
Greer 6. Playing ok before going off
Upson 8.5. Not getting the credit he deserves. A string of brilliant headers & a couple of fabulous last-ditch tackles
Ince 8.5. Immense
Bridcutt 7. Working his way back to 100%
Crofts 6 Worked hard
Lopez 8 Great delivery! which is key to his game
Conway 8 Looking like a proper player finally
Barnes 8.5 great effort as the lone man

El Abd 5. I thought he was poor today. Silly foul for their goal and did the same thing a few minutes later.
Lua Lua 6. Did ok

Mad how you can make al abd a 5? The free kick for there goal was harsh and was generally quality all game

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

One of the worst individual performances I can think of at the Amex. He achieved absolutely nothing for the entire time he was on. I can't recall him even touching the ball, let alone having any kind of meaningful shot.

This, him along with hammond

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brezovan 8 He did really well considering his late inclusion. Distribution was very good.

Bruno 8 Having El Abd beside him for most of the game transformed him. They work so much better together than Upson/Greer

Greer 4 Ponderous in distribution and still does not do the captain's job well.

Upson 7 Better than recent performances and looked more comfortable with a quicker person alongside.

Ward 7 Played well and his link up play was the best for a while

Bridcutt 8 Liked the new position but still a scared rabbit when near the opposition area. Braking the opposition play up up-field was superb.

Ince 10 This young man is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen in over 40 years of watching the Albion. His first touch and stride takes him away from the opponent and creates so much time and space. He was by a long way the best and most comfortable player on the pitch today. For God sake, and ours, get this lad signed up on a big contract. His runs are Lawrensonesque. His inclusion took us away from the problems we encountered last season and of Tuesday. Too often we lack progression up the pitch when Bridcutt, Greer and Upson are involved. Ince broke this up and showed how much better it is to progress up the pitch above snails pace. He will become a more important player to us than Bridcutt.

Crofts 8 Helped run the midfield.

Lopez 9 After three poor crosses he then produced the best form of the season.

Conway 9 Best game for us by far.

Barnes 8 Played his heart out but nearly lost his concentration moaning at the ref.

El-Abd 9 immense welcome back to the team.

LuaLua 7 Looked dangerous.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brezovan 7
Bruno 8
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward7
Lopez 7 (if the 2nd half he had played as per the first it would have been higher)
Bridcutt 9 (MOM)
Ince 8.5
Crofts 6
Conway 8
Barnes 8

subs

El Abd 7
Lua Lua 7

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brezovan - 6

Bruno - 8 - Thought he was brilliant against their most dangerous player Dyer
Greer - n/a
Upson - 6
Ward - 6

Bridcutt - 7
Ince - 7
Crofts - 6

Lopez - 8 - seemed to have his mojo back
Barnes - 8
Conway - 8 - my MOM

El-Abd - 7
Lua Lua - 7

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Agree. He was playing out of position though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Peter Brezovan 8 Fundamentally brilliant. Really pleased to see him in the team, and never felt like he'd let us down.
Bruno 8 Back to his sensational best, his tricks and flicks are amazing when they work.
Gordon Greer 7 I know he came off early, but he'd won a few headers and looked good with the ball at his feet, unlucky for him.
Matthew Upson 7 Some brilliant interceptions and looked a lot sharper than usual.
Stephen Ward 6 Average performance, but he did more than enough. Got forward a few times as well, as a bonus.
Liam Bridcutt 8Some outrageous passing and some superb blocks.
Rohan Ince 9 Top peformance. Very dominant in every aspect.
Andrew Cofts 7 Worked very hard, but with the way the team is evolving, with Bridcutt and Ince together, we need someone ahead. Agustien.
Espana David 8 Two fabulous assists from open play, and generally much better. Finger extracted from backside successfully.
Craig Conway 8 No question, very well played. The goal was splendid, and his overall play was smashing.
Ashley Barnes 8 Worked hard against Morgan and Moore, ran around a lot and took his goal well. Fortunate with the penalty.

Subs
Adam El-Abd 8 Welcome back, AEA. Aggresive, offensive and detemined. Rock hard.
Kazenga LuaLua 7 He was a very clever change, gave us a threat on the wing and an outlet.

It's funny how people get a little chip on their shoulders about somthing. The Major has his hatred of Palace, SOG follows him like a puppy, Ernest has his sausage gags, TSB's a fencesitting ninny unable to form opinions for himself, and you have a constant hatred for all things Portsmouth and Nugent related.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Didn't realise he was playing until they subbed him!:)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Brezovan 8

Bruno 8
Greer 6
Upson 8
Ward 7

Bridcutt 8
Ince 9
Crofts 6

Lopez 8
Barnes 8
Conway 8

Subs:
El-Abd 7
Lua Lua 8

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Brezovan 7
Bruno 7
Ward 6
Greer ---
Upson 7
Bridcutt 7
Ince 8
Crofts 6
Dave 8
Conway 7
Barnes 7

El-Abd 7
Lualua 6

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It's not surprising upson doesn't get high marks because he goes about his business in unspectacular fashion. Hi lowish marks from some on here suggest that they don't really see he contribution he actually makes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brezovan 8
Bruno 9
Upson 8
Greer 6
Ward 7
Bridcutt 8
Ince 9 - MoM
Crofts 7
Lopez 9
Conway 9
Barnes 8

El-Abd 8
LuaLua 7

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Brezovan 9 Superb performance bearing in mind he was thrown in at the deep end just before kick off

Bruno 8 Improving
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 7

Bridcutt 7
Ince 9 What a find
Crofts 6

Lopez 9 Thank goodness he's back
Barnes 6
Conway 8 Much improved

Subs:
El-Abd 8 Tremendous and made a real difference at the back
Lua Lua 6

Excellent response to Tuesday

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Brez 8 - Assured and commanding, couple of decent saves and excellent distribution, very well done
Bruno 8 - Thankfully most of his trickery paid off
Upson 8 - Did his business efficiently, is owed a penalty
El Abd 7 - Maybe I'm alone in worrying about his use of arms
Ward 6 - Not memorable but in a positive way - may have been different if Knockaert had started
Bridcutt 7 - Shaky start but up to speed after 20 mins, like him getting forward more
Ince 9 - Didn't think him and Bridcutt would work, how wrong! Every time he's anywhere near the ball the sense of anticipation heightens and he put in an almost faultless performance for me
Crofts 6 - Quiet but a peach of a ball to Conway
Lopez 8 - Reckon he was on a warning, much much better. He harried and worked and that ball to pick out Barnes was even better than inch perfect
Conway 8 - Almost a MOM performance. Great control of the ball and very tidy passing and crossing
Barnes 8 - All been said by others, great workrate, chit penalty, but another couple bagged

Oscar 10 - Everyone showed what a bit of fire in the belly can do, we pressed up on them and didn't give them time. Need to get that spirit instilled for every game. Loved the KLL sub, he's not going to sit back and try to hold out the last 20 mins, brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here