Bruno 5
Lua Lua 7

Ulloa 3

Subs:

Buckley 3
Agustien 6
Barnes 3

Oscar Garcia 4

Individually the performances were not so bad as the team effort.

Bruno, Ward and Andrews all got an extra point for the equaliser.

David Lopez and nothing came off. He looked fitter and faster than last year but at the expenses of control. I blame Oscar Garcia for choosing him for a role that he is not the best player for. The problem he had is with his face towards goal he could not see where the misdirected pass was coming from. It is much easier to play the Bridcutt (over-rated) role when the ball is in front of you and you can see what is going on. It looks better on the eye as well.

We did try and thread the balls from midfield for a change. It had been missing. Worst of all, we still do not have a player to go to the near post for attacks. Even if Macca came back, it is more on an illusion than reality. He does not score from near post routines.

I don't think Gus Poyet actually built a very good team. Bits missing. He introduced a good style of football though.

If anybody we needed it was Vicente. Even if he didn't play at least he could show the others what to do!

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Really? I thought the exact opposite. Non-existant first half and then seemed far more like the Bruno of the beginning of last season when swicthed to right-back

How can you praise his performance in the 2nd half? He started off OK, but on at least two occasions when caught upfield he ambled back to his position while his teammates desperately tried to cover for him. And his defending wasn't consistent. Unacceptable.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuszczak 5

Calderon 6
Greer 5
Upson 5
Ward 6

Andrews 6
Crofts 6
Lopez 5
Bruno 5
Lua Lua 6.5

Ulloa 5

Subs:

Buckley 4
Agustien 4
Barnes 4

Oscar Garcia 0 - Terrible tactics, headless chickens running around with little discipline in keeping shape etc not playing as a team. Serious doubts over Oscar, I'll wait until November until I decide if he should still be here. Are the players playing for him and what does Nathan Jones bring to the party except for speaking Spanish are the players really going to respect him?

We are going backwards rapidly IMHO and once momentum is lost you can quite quickly find yourself in trouble.

The club not signing a striker on loan or otherwise is incompetent in the extreme IMHO.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
All correct. Barnes gets booked for dissent - everyone moans at him - some utter TOOL infront of me did an extended "substitution" motion to Barnes after his FIRST touch! Meanwhile Kaz dives and everyone chants his name! The herd mentality really is retarded sometimes.

Sooo, everyone's retarded except old Mellotron eh?
Yet you think Barnes plodding about for 30 minutes merits a better score than kaz, who was tearing his fullback to shreds 1st half?
Curious.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters -26 Votes
Lualua 6.02
Andrews 5.85
Ward 5.65
Kuszczak 5.46
Crofts 5.13
Upson 5.12
Greer 4.92
Calderon 4.81 (47min)
Ulloa 4.69 (58min)
Bruno 4.35
David Lopez 3.42 (60min)

Subs -26 Votes
Buckley 4.90 (50min)
Agustien 3.81 (39min)
Barnes 3.81 (37min)

Squad Average - 4.85

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sooo, everyone's retarded except old Mellotron eh?
Yet you think Barnes plodding about for 30 minutes merits a better score than kaz, who was tearing his fullback to shreds 1st half?
Curious.

It's retarded that Kaz dives and everyone chants his name, and then Barnes creates a chance via good movement, narrowly missed and people berate him. That IS retarded, isn't it? If you swap the players round, everyone would've berated Barnes for diving, and everyone would've chants Kaz's name for carving out a chance within seconds of coming on.

Barnes didn't plod at all, he worked very hard whilst being isolated, and created more in 3 mins on the pitch than Ulloa did all game. Did you watch the game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here