Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Sheff Wed (H)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Tom...5 (can't recall many saves? Just poor kicks)

Calderon...6 (FAR BETTER THAN BRUNO)
Upson...5 (didn't have much to stop)
Greer...5 (dotto^)
Ward...6

Andrews...5
Crofts...4
David...3
Bruno...3
LuaLua...6 (MOM)

Ulloa...3 (looked off the pace before injury)

Buckley...5
Kemy...3
Barnes...4

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Kuszczack 7. Poor distribution but kept us in the game when all around him was in chaos.
Calderon 6
Greer 4
Upson 5
Ward 6.
Andrews 7.
Crofts 5.
Bruno 5. He is getting slated but could have had 2 assists in the first half if they hadn't been wasted.
Lopez 2. Was like 10 against 12 a lot of the time
Lua Lua 7.
Ulloa 5.

Subs:
Buckley 6.
Barnes 2.
Augestein 3.

Manager 4.

Ref 1. I have never seen so many fouls given where they just weren't. Awful

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 5 - saves were routine, weirdly punched when should have caught, kicking was a waste
Calderon 5 - bad positioning for their goal, found himself in no man's land
Greer 5 - one of the worst crosses I've ever seen, let them walk past him at times
Upson 5 - some errant passing
Ward 6
Lopez 4 - I am fed up with people laying into him, but there is little to defend him with
Bruno 5 - seemed more comfortable in the second half
Andrews 6
Ulloa 5 - did he practice at all during his time out? Struggled to run with the ball, surely a basic skill? Stood two yards off side expecting a pass that KLL was right not to make, unfortunately it led to him being crowded out
KLL 5 - From the other end of the pitch it looked like an obvious dive. Naylor tweeted the defender had arms all over him, but Kaz made a right meal of it. Perhaps the hands being on him saved him a booking for diving, but the theatrics probably cost us a penalty. Was rightly booked when he knew he was beaten so threw himself in front of his man. Errant crosses, wasted possession

Buckley 6 - Seemed to add a bit of a threat, at least initially. I am dumbfounded how Lloras(?) throwing himself to ground whenever he was near won so many freekicks
Agustien 5 - Managed to wriggle out of trouble quite impressively, but would then waste the pass more often than not
Barnes 5 - Tried to get involved, but our strikers have seemed more isolated in recent matches, unlucky to get booked.

I was ready to liken the first half to man u or tottenham v palace, where wednesday were palace, a team that was being thoroughly outplayed by opposition who were bossing the game despite playing poorly and having noting in the sense of a killer touch, that the only way wednesday would get anything out of the game is if we shot ourselves in the foot. But just before half time we shot ourselves in the foot.

Second half Wednesday played a bit better, possibly enough to earn their point, not sure we improved much or even enough to feel good about us getting a point.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak - 4 (One good save to his left at 1-0)
Calderon 4
Greer 6
Upson 5
Ward 5
Andrews 6
Crofts 4
Dave 3
Bruno 5 (Creative passing at times, unlike the others)
Lualua 5
Ulloa 4

Subs;
Buckley 4
Agustien 3
Barnes 4

Not great. But I did see my old Withdean neighbours which was wonderful! Lovely couple, so sweet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak 6
Calderon 4
Greer 5
Upson 6
Ward 7
Lopez 5
Bruno 6
Crofts 6
Andrews 7 MOM
Lua Lua 6
Ulloa 5

SUBS

Buckley 5
Barnes 4
Agustein 5

Generally disappointing as we were not good enough in the final 1/3 of the pitch.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
KLL 5 - From the other end of the pitch it looked like an obvious dive. Naylor tweeted the defender had arms all over him, but Kaz made a right meal of it. Perhaps the hands being on him saved him a booking for diving, but the theatrics probably cost us a penalty. Was rightly booked when he knew he was beaten so threw himself in front of his man. Errant crosses, wasted possession.

Barnes 5 - Tried to get involved, but our strikers have seemed more isolated in recent matches, unlucky to get booked.

Seriously, are you related to Ashley? The same mark for LuaLua (who was the only player to create more than one chance all night regardless of whether it was a dive or not) as Barnes, who missed a sitter (created by LuaLua) and childishly spiked the ball and pick up a needless booking when he's the only 'striker' we have left, honestly, the boy must have a brain the size of garden pea.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Seriously, are you related to Ashley? The same mark for LuaLua (who was the only player to create more than one chance all night regardless of whether it was a dive or not) as Barnes, who missed a sitter (created by LuaLua) and childishly spiked the ball and pick up a needless booking when he's the only 'striker' we have left, honestly, the boy must have a brain the size of garden pea.

And after this post are you a disgruntled business partner or ex-girlfriend. Sitter? You have to be joking.

KLL was distinctly average. Was his dive any more petulant than Barnes bouncing the ball with force (spiking is a massive exaggeration).......

All opinions of course. I do agree though, on reflection today he probably was a little better.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
And after this post are you a disgruntled business partner or ex-girlfriend. Sitter? You have to be joking.

KLL was distinctly average. Was his dive any more petulant than Barnes bouncing the ball with force (spiking is a massive exaggeration).......

All opinions of course. I do agree though, on reflection today he probably was a little better.

Ex girlfriend...

Just my opinion, but taking away the acts of stupidness (assuming KLL's was an act of stupidness, I'm yet to see it it again in true Arsene Wenger style) from both it's clear who contributed more, however, nobody was really any good last night and a man of the match award probably shouldn't have even been given out but someone had to win it I guess.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ex girlfriend...

Just my opinion, but taking away the acts of stupidness (assuming KLL's was an act of stupidness, I'm yet to see it it again in true Arsene Wenger style) from both it's clear who contributed more, however, nobody was really any good last night and a man of the match award probably shouldn't have even been given out but someone had to win it I guess.

:thumbsup: Great point, if they are all poor, don't award the MoM or give it to a non-playing sub. It was probably quite difficult and if nothing else KLL did look industrious.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bruno 5. His first half display in midfield deserved 7 (best he has played for a long long while), but 3 for his very poor second half at RB.

Really? I thought the exact opposite. Non-existant first half and then seemed far more like the Bruno of the beginning of last season when swicthed to right-back

Kuszczak - 5
Calderon 5
Greer 6
Upson 5
Ward 6
Andrews 6
Crofts 6
Dave 5
Bruno 6
Lualua 6
Ulloa 4

Subs;
Buckley 6
Agustien 1
Barnes 5

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You can go a few games missing key/best players, but eventually it will catch up with you

Missing Bridcutt and Orlandi in the middle of the pitch is absolutely fundemental to our play

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You can go a few games missing key/best players, but eventually it will catch up with you

Missing Bridcutt and Orlandi in the middle of the pitch is absolutely fundemental to our play

This.

Though I'm less certain of.our style.of play under OG.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

No, I just judge KLL by what he does, not that it's him. Seriously, I see so many comments about how exciting he is, when in truth that excitement is an assumption from the onlooker. People see him on the ball and get excited because it's him, then when he runs a bit gets a bit of space and blasts it into the crowd or doesn't bother looking and blasts it strait across the box where none of our players are and those people come away thinking it was amazing. When he does this several times it's not failure, it's him scaring opponents. Any other player does it it's a waste of possession, a sign of a bad player needing multiple attempts to score/cross/save. It's like the people who feel nervous because ankergren or brezovan are playing who project their own nerves onto our players.

Barnes's miss was no where near as bad a move as Lopez or ulloa failing to get the ball out of their feet. It was a shot on the turn that went narrowly wide, and isn't something he deserves severe criticism for. So Barnes bounces the ball in frustration at a bad refereeing decision = lualua diving in the box, then getting beaten by his man and throwing himself to the floor to block his run. Errant crossing and wasted shots = slightly wide shot from Barnes.

Lualua was on the pitch for 97 minutes, Barnes was on there for 38. With the time they had, their performances for me were of a comparative level. For me, the team hovered around the 5/6 mark. Neither were good enough for a 6 neither were bad enough to deserve lower than a five.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People marking Ward down WAY too far due to us losing. He actually played really quite well, my MoM. Did pretty much nothing wrong, and quite a bit right, given NO support by Kaz who kept tucking inside, leaving Ward up against 2/3 Sheff Weds players on his own.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 6
Calderon 5
Greer 4
Upson 6
Ward 6
Dave 4
Crofts 6
Bruno 4
Andrews 6 he would have been 5, but did earn us the point
Lualua 6 would have been 7, if he hadn't dived
Ulloa 5

Agustien 3
Buckley 6
Barnes 5

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, I just judge KLL by what he does, not that it's him. Seriously, I see so many comments about how exciting he is, when in truth that excitement is an assumption from the onlooker. People see him on the ball and get excited because it's him, then when he runs a bit gets a bit of space and blasts it into the crowd or doesn't bother looking and blasts it strait across the box where none of our players are and those people come away thinking it was amazing. Any other player does it it's a waste of possession. It's like the people who feel nervous because ankergren or brezovan are playing who project their own nerves onto our players.

Barnes's miss was no where near as bad a move as Lopez or ulloa failing to get the ball out of their feet. It was a shot on the turn that went narrowly wide, and isn't something he deserves severe criticism for. So Barnes bounces the ball in frustration at a bad refereeing decision = lualua diving in the box, then getting beaten by his man and throwing himself to the floor to block his run! errant crossing and wasted shots = slightly wide shot from Barnes.

Lualua was on the pitch for 97 minutes, Barnes was on there for 38. With the time they had, their performances for me were of a comparative level. For me, the team hovered around the 5/6 mark. Neither were good enough for a 6 neither were bad enough to deserve lower than a five.

All correct. Barnes gets booked for dissent - everyone moans at him - some utter TOOL infront of me did an extended "substitution" motion to Barnes after his FIRST touch! Meanwhile Kaz dives and everyone chants his name! The herd mentality really is retarded sometimes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People marking Ward down WAY too far due to us losing. He actually played really quite well, my MoM. Did pretty much nothing wrong, and quite a bit right, given NO support by Kaz who kept tucking inside, leaving Ward up against 2/3 Sheff Weds players on his own.

Psst! We drew.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All correct. Barnes gets booked for dissent - everyone moans at him - some utter TOOL infront of me did an extended "substitution" motion to Barnes after his FIRST touch! Meanwhile Kaz dives and everyone chants his name! The herd mentality really is retarded sometimes.

This.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kusz - 6

Calde - 6
Upson - 6
Greer - 6
Ward - 7 MOM

Crofts - 6.5 - Worked hard and looking sharp.
Andrews - 6
Bruno - 7 first half, 3 second half, so 5

Lopez - 4 - poor old Grandad.
Ulloa - 4 - looked like a worse version of the unfit Ulloa who first came here. Gone back to going down expecting free kicks for nothing and getting wound up easily but that utter monster Llera.
Lua Lua - 5.5 - One of the few who looked like they might create something, but INSANELY wasteful. If it was Barnes being as poor with the final ball people would've been screaming themselves hoarse at him. NEVER looks up, never spots a ball that is on, just head down and head for the corner flag. A good full back will have him in his pocket all day when he plays like this. Come on Kaz.

Subs

Buckley 5.5
Barnes - 6 - looked more of a goal threat within 2 minutes than Ulloa did all game. Worked his arse off with very few players around him.
Agustien - 4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here