Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings (Reading)

Selling Souls

Oct 5, 2014
Stockdake 6
Calde - 5
Dunk -7 (I though he was class after first 20)
Halford - 7 extra mark for those throws
Bennet - 6
Holla - 8 my MOM - won a shed load of loose ball in midfield and did a very tidy job.
Gardner - 6
JFC - 6
E Bennet - 6
Colunga - 7 - seemed to be involved in all attacks where we looked dangerous and provided assist for 2nd
Bent - 3 didn't miss him at all when he hobbled off
CMS 4 - too weak, went down too easily
March 4
McCourt 4 - thought he should've played the simple ball more often

First 30-40 mins was absolutely shit. We could/should've won that game 2 or 3 nil if we'd started from the off.

Agree with this, Holla played really well, would like to see him and McCourt play together to see if there would be any difference in performances.I think JFC would come on as a player beside those two. Paddy did do the simple thing though for the equalizer. I'd like to see Gardner put on leave in January, the invisible man would do a better job. He's not or never going to worry the oppositions thinking.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Despite very limited time on the pitch, Paddy's contributions were positive and he was instrumental in the equaliser... the diehard 'Paddy is a waste of space' brigade will trot out their usual assessment no matter what he does

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The first half was as bad as anything I have seen from an Albion team. No skill, no desire, no ideas. Second half was a considerable improvement. The players suddenly seemed to care; there was a bit of passion about their performances; and the pace our game was upped considerably ... all of which resulted in a lot more encouragement and support from the crowd.

My ratings are all low because of the awful first half.

Stockdale 6. Not sure he could have done anything with the goals. Made some good saves. Distribution generally OK. Only player who had a decent first half and therefore MOM.
Calderon 5. Awful defensive performance in the first half. Great goal.
Dunk 5. Improved in the 2nd half.
Halford 5. Great throws. Added some muscle to the attack when he went up front.
J. Bennett 5. Better going forwards than in defence. Gave the ball away in dangerous situations a couple of times.
Holla 5. OK game. One great shot from distance. We should give him a run in the side.
JFC 5. Slightly better from him. Right place for the goal.
Gardner 3. Did nothing worthwhile ... again.
E. Bennett 4. Frustrating. Nowhere near the player he was.
Colunga 6. One of our better players on the day.
Bent 3. Crap service as usual. None of the outfield players would have scored more than 3 for the first half.

Subs:
CMS 5. At least he always looks interested, but a shadow of the player he once was.
March 5. Decent header which deserved a goal. Starting to see signs of a return to fitness/form.
McCourt 4. Most of what he attempted didn't work.

Jones: 0 for the first half, 8 for the second. 4 for team selection ... why Gardner, why not Ince?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
9 for Jones today, something sorted them out at half time!!!!

I think he grew in confidence as the first half went on. Started off Sami-esque, realised that change was needed, and then did it. Obviously said exactly the right things at half time. He's not our long term answer, but what he did was impressive and I hope he has a long future with the club - he bleeds blue and white.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree that this was a difficult game to rate players, especially as there was a discrepancy in performance between the two halves, but here goes...

Stockdale 7 -- more and more on here are coming to realise that he's a decent keeper, great presence and desire, good distribution, and can pull off some saves too (although not as good as TK at this)
Calde 5 -- extra point for the goal, beyond that, not much cop
Halford 7 -- extra point for the proto-Pulis long throws
Dunk 5 -- worst game for a long time, gave the ball away too much, might have got a red too if the ref was up for making any decisions
Bennett, J 5 -- really needs to work on his defending
Bennett, E 4.5 -- one good run in the first half, think he needs to return to Norwich
Gardner 5 -- not as bad as many on here claim, but time to go back to Villa and we can spend some money on a goalscoring central mid
JFC 7 -- is in a rich vein of form and his work-rate is really impressive, scored at last, and kept things ticking
Holla 7 -- had a good game, and deserved a goal with that blast
Colunga 7 -- really inventive, and set up a good few opportunities, his decision-making is good
Bent 4 -- head dropped when their second went in

CMS 5 -- good work rate, and managed to position himself into a few chances
March 5 -- had a bit more time with that chance, I'm confident he'll come good again with some match fitness
McCourt 4.5 -- too elaborate

Jones 7 -- good on him

We need a decent goalscoring striker in the window (if Bent is not injured for too long, it'd be great if we can secure him; if not, we'll have to go for someone more long-term), an attacking goalscoring midfielder, and perhaps a quality defender.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Stockdale 6.50 (98mins, 18 votes)

The Rest:
Dunk 6.28 (98mins, 18 votes)
Forster-Caskey 6.25 (98mins, 18 votes)
<Holla 6.25 (79mins, 18 votes)
Halford 6.11 (98mins, 18 votes)