Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Nottingham Forest 1 BHA 2

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You watched a different game to me , team selection was right as we won , I thought our wide men were good in the first half , as was the team ,only thing that matters is that we won . Our only mistake was not to put forest away whilst we were in complete control of the match

I must have watched the same game as CH though because he conceded we didn't play well.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 6
Bruno 6
Rosenior 6
Goldson 7
Dunk 8 MOTM
Stephens 7.5
Kayal 7
Lua Lua 4
Skalak 7
Murphy 6.5
Hemed 6

Wilson 6
Knockaert 8
Sidwell 8

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That was the worst performance all season

Absolutely awful. The midfield were chasing things down for no reason and Forest just bypassed them.

Lua Lua has absolutely no focus and cannot stick to where he is supposed to play. Skalak, I still don't know what position he was playing. I saw him at right back near the end.

Lewis Dunk, not normally one of my favourite players was absolutely superb. Rosenior was solid but he has a better understanding with Murphy than he does with anyone else. Jamie was OK but Forest were tugging at his shirt all the time to put him off his stride.

Hemed was industrious but then so is an ant. Goldson was a little shaky - Knockeart, well Forests fear of him allowed us to do a Dick Turpin and steal the points. The others chased shadows and I will have to say that team selection was wrong tonight Chris and he needs to stop trying to find places in the starting eleven, for 2 players who don't really deserve to be in the team unless they are doing something brilliant in training. That's Skalak and Lua Lua
Have you told Chris yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Chris was going to play that system tonight he should hake played Skalak where he played Murphy.
Not a bad shout, it would mean Skalak is on the pitch for the dead ball situations, and not losing the ball in midfield, but Murphy has shown better ability as a number 10.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most teams ''zonal mark'' for free kicks and ''man mark'' for corners. I thought that Blackstock was on someones shoulders when he outjumped everyone but I might be wrong
I thought Stockdale should have saved it. When the freekick was taken, who didn't know where the ball was going to go? It didn't look like a delivery that would be powerfully struck to the near post, it looked like it would be flicked on to the far post. Stockdale nearly got it, but I think he should have anticipated it better, and stopped it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If the coaches were not doing a good job defensively then we wouldn't be where we are at this stage in the season.

Current top 6 - goals conceded.
Burnley 33
Boro 25
Us 39
Hull 29
Derby 38
Weds 41

So we have the leakiest defence of the top six, bar Weds in 6th.
Care to reconsider your comment based on facts?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I thought Stockdale should have saved it. When the freekick was taken, who didn't know where the ball was going to go? It didn't look like a delivery that would be powerfully struck to the near post, it looked like it would be flicked on to the far post. Stockdale nearly got it, but I think he should have anticipated it better, and stopped it.

Bit harsh see clip at 30 seconds onwards.

https://youtu.be/5WnYLFRXKS8

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Interesting that both Holloway and Cotterell said that the goal we conceded was down to poor zonal marking and that we should revert to man for man marking for setpieces. Mind they said the same about Forest and the gioal we scored,

Worth a discussion. I need some revision. Part and part for me, a bit of both.Zonal mostly, but man mark a Curtis Davies or Charlie Austin. .

Dunk should intercept the trajectory of the ball at its highest point? Might need two to do this as there is a choice of middle of the goal or far post. And someone has to cut out a possible near post header. It is the defenders job to stop the headers really, not the keeper unless it is an inswinger. (No defender on the far post then as he gets in the way of the keeper.)

And I think there should be one man (not two) on the near post goal line.

Then there is cutting out the diagonal low ball to the near edge of the penalty area.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Why are Forest getting so much credit?

We bossed the first half, Forest barely crossed the halfway line in the first 25 mins, and even though we took the foot off the gas after we scored, we still had total control.
Admittedly Forest had the better possession 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half, but how many goal threatening saves did Stockdale have to make? I can only recall 1 in the whole 95 minutes, so to say we were lucky not to lose is patently ridiculous.

We were poor in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half, there is no denying it, and a draw would probably have been the right result, but it certainly wasn’t the worst performance of the season, and I think some of the player marks being given are a bit harsh.

We are not Barcelona.

Stockdale 6 The collision with Jamie Ward was as stupid as it gets, totally unnecessary, Ward was going nowhere, and could have resulted in a Penalty. However, apart from that and one dodgy kick he didn’t do much else wrong, so don’t understand the stick he’s getting.
Bruno 5.5 Poorest display from the normally immaculate Bruno for some time. Gave away the free kick for their goal, and then to compound the error he ducked under Blackstock as the ball came in, instead of challenging for it.
Rosenior 6 Did ok, but nothing especially good and nothing especially bad.
Goldson 6 Apart from the horrendous error where Lansbury should have scored, he did ok.
Dunk 8 MOTM Heart in mouth time with that lunge, and could have cost us for the whole run in if a Red card had been given, but apart from that 30 seconds of madness he was brilliant for the other 94.5 minutes, we would not have won without him.
Stephens 7 Yes, he gave the ball away once or twice, but overall he was very industrious, broke up the Forest play well, and was always the free option for whenever a teammate was looking to lay off a pass.
Kayal 6.5 Not rubbish, did ok, but not the Kayal we love to see. His influence on the game was minimal.
Lua Lua 5 Looked ok first half, but did he come out in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]? I don’t recall him touching the ball! Time to revert back to impact sub methinks.
Skalak 6.5 The more I watch him, the more I like him. His delivery is undeniable, and worthy of a place in the team for that alone, but his workrate is excellent and his willingness to track back and defend has warmed me to him. I just wish he had the ability to go past someone at least once in a season.
Murphy 7.5 I prefer to see him play on the flank, but he still did well as support to Hemed. I had him a close 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] behind Dunky as MOM.
Hemed 6.5 I thought he led the line quite well and kept their defenders on their toes. Shame about the header, but it was only inches wide.

Wilson 4.5 He’s now living off his reputation, and that reputation dwindled a bit more last night. If he doesn’t produce something soon, then he needs bombing out of the squad.
Knockaert 7 Completely changed the mood when he came on … and the game. Teams are now frightened of him and back off before he has even kicked a ball. At least that is one positive that Sky has done for us! Can’t mark him any higher because he only played for 20 minutes
Sidwell N/A Can’t give him a mark, he only had a few minutes, but he did the business in that little cameo!!

Away Support 7 Bloody long way to go on a filthy wet night when the game was on TV, so a pretty decent effort on numbers, but the support was a bit disjointed. It was like having two separate sections, both singing different songs at the same time and as a result nothing really took off.
Nowhere near as good as the support at Birmingham 6 days ago.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

you are a very hard man to please !

I attach no blame in the goal to Mr Stockdale.

Its down to 1 of our Defenders to win that header.

theboybilly

Stockdale 6
Bruno 7
Dunk 8
Goldson 7
Rosenior 7
Skalak 7
Kayal 6
Stephens 7
LuaLua 6
Murphy 6
Hemed 7

Subs:
Wilson 6
Knockaert 8
Sidwell 8

Chris Hughton 8 He picked a team that should have won as it was but couldn't account for a Forest side that came out in the second period with a point to prove in front of their fans. CH's substitutions were well-timed and (in the case of Sidwell) wonderfully inspired....or plain lucky, you decide. I was so impressed by the belief in the side for which Chris must take huge credit.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

It was also a very good header. It didn't get the plaudits it deserved - inch-perfect, in off the post. 3 inches to the left and Stockdale would've got a finger tip to it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Yeah I'm probably wrong.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Current top 6 - goals conceded.
Burnley 33
Boro 25
Us 39
Hull 29
Derby 38
Weds 41

So we have the leakiest defence of the top six, bar Weds in 6th.
Care to reconsider your comment based on facts?

Not at all we are 3rd in the League and d I don't think that the defence looks weak

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here