Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Nottingham Forest 1 BHA 2

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
In my other post I DO concede his value to the team. I just say he doesn't deserve a starting 11 place

You just massively contradicted yourself. At this stage of the season the quality of his assists is invaluable for the team. He has to start.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stockdale 6
Bruno 7
Dunk 7
Goldson 5
Rosenior 6
KLL 4
Kayal 5 (get some new studs Bezza)
Stephens 6
Skalak 7 (should've had 2 assists)
Murphy 6
Hemed 5

Knockeart 9 - created more in 20 mins than most did in 90
Sidwell 8 - scored possibly a goal that defines our season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting that both Holloway and Cotterell said that the goal we conceded was down to poor zonal marking and that we should revert to man for man marking for setpieces. Mind they said the same about Forest and the gioal we scored,

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Awful performance. Let's hope it was a one off.

Stockdale 5- Dropped another one, nearly kept the ball in in order to give Osborn an empty net to shoot into and got lucky not conceding a penalty. Needs to find his confidence rapidly. He did make one very good save to his credit (edit).

Bruno 6- Silly free kick given away for the goal. Decent otherwise.
Goldson 6- Decent for most of the game but looked really nervous at times and very nearly cost us a goal.
Dunk 8-Scored the goal and held the defence together. Bit of a silly challenge for the booking but very good performance overall.
Rosenior 6- Quiet going forward tonight. Did what he had to defensively.

LuaLua 3- Doesn't look even close to being fit enough to start. Awful showing.
Kayal 4- Why wear ****ing banana skins? Spent most of his time slipping over and we really missed his authority in the middle.
Stephens 5- Decent in patches but couldn't get the game under control. Not helped by Kayal's choice of footwear.
Skalak 6- Great assist. Ŕeally tenacious but i'm still not completely convinced that he is good enough from open play to start.

Murphy- 4- Struggled playing centrally.
Hemed 5- He tried hard but couldn't convert when the chances fell.

Wilson looked knackered again, we all know there is something not right there. Sidwell scored the goal, which was great, obviously and Knocky scared the shit out of them. We wouldn't have won without him.

That second half was as bad as we have played all season IMO and some may say we were lucky to get a point let alone 3. Thankfully we did.. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As Jean-Paul Sartre has it below, the game of football is complicated by the presence of the opposing team. Is it not possible that in the second half, as the two knowledgeable (?) pundits on SKY said, Forest were actually quite good. Lansbury is a good player, however much we may not like him, and so is Blackstock.

But we ended up with 3 points!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I know you are a Murphy fan but he did bugger all tonight. I would start Skalek and Knockeart.

Murphy didn't play badly. He was going past people then being tugged back or pulled down. If Jamie plays badly I am not afraid to say it.

We all have differing views but the only view that maters is Chris' and he has got Brighton into this position with his good decisions but that doesn't mean that just because he and I are friends that I have to agree with everything he does. We often disagree on things when we chat but I concede that he is the one with the coaching badges and management skills of footballers.

I get this feeling that he will do it and get promoted and no one will be more pleased than me for him.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockwell 7 ok and 1 very good save
Bruno 6 Few mistakes and didn't jump for there goal
Dunk 8 Saved us a lot in 2nd half
Godson 7 Ok apart from 1 mistake.
Rosenior 7 ok but not keen on right footed player at left back
Murphy 6 Thought he was ok with good first touch
Kayal 7 OK but overrun in 2nd half
Stevens 7 ditto
Lua Lua 3 Embarrasing couldn't understand why not taken of earlier
Hemed 4 Very poor Doesn't hold ball up and if only he had a left foot.
Shalek 4 Ok he supplied the cross but otherwise did nothing. I thought should have come of instead of Murphy
Wilson 3 Contributed nothing
Knockhaert 8 One player that can create from nothing
Sidwell Cant mark for only 10 mins but surprised he didn't come on earlier to bolster overrun midfield

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone who thought that was the worst performance of the season didn't attend Preston at home, or maybe Sheffield Wednesday at home.

Both games were pathetic wastes of everyone's lieves.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Interesting that both Holloway and Cotterell said that the goal we conceded was down to poor zonal marking and that we should revert to man for man marking for setpieces. Mind they said the same about Forest and the gioal we scored,

Most teams ''zonal mark'' for free kicks and ''man mark'' for corners. I thought that Blackstock was on someones shoulders when he outjumped everyone but I might be wrong

Against the 2nd poorest form team in the league tonight, I thought we were well below average and didnt deserve more than a draw. Even in the first half we created few headaches for their keeper, the second half was a nightmare utterly outfought until we mugged them at the end. OK, Burnley didn't care mugging us, so should we? Perhaps not, but there is a difference as we have to play well in the remaining games because Boro have a potential 5 pt advantage and Burnley 3 if you throw in the goal differences.

Stockdale 6 Still looks too nervous at times
Bruno 6
Dunk 7 Our best player overall
Goldson 5
Rosenior 6
KLL 4 Good lord what has happened to him?
Kayal 6 Even his worst game will be 3 times better than Sidwell's best
Stephens 6
Skalak 5 So ordinary
Murphy 6
Hemed 5

Knockeart 9 - stole it for us
Sidwell 6 - not on long enough to get his usual 5, and no, one shot does not change things
Wilson 6

As Jean-Paul Sartre has it below, the game of football is complicated by the presence of the opposing team. Is it not possible that in the second half, as the two knowledgeable (?) pundits on SKY said, Forest were actually quite good. Lansbury is a good player, however much we may not like him, and so is Blackstock.

Well, if Forest have turned a corner tonight and are no longer the second worst team in the league on form, I guess we will see it in their remaining games - I'm really sceptical. Think it was our poor showing that allowed them back into the game. They were well on top just before half time and their equaliser was coming.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Most teams ''zonal mark'' for free kicks and ''man mark'' for corners. I thought that Blackstock was on someones shoulders when he outjumped everyone but I might be wrong

I would say our defensive shape for a large number of both corners and free kicks could probably not be described as either of these - more like "milling around in the general vicinity". No exaggeration to say our inability to defend crosses in to the box could cost us automatic promotion.

For my two penneth, the issue is that stockdale doesn't come for many, which means the defence are often too deep, allowing space for the attachers to run on to the ball. Appreciate not the case tonight, but I felt was against Burnley, when they seemed to be able to whip crosses in to the 6 yard box without him coming for any.

But hughton and calderwood were both defenders so hopefully they know how to sort it out - because it keeps costing us.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Stockdale - 5 hesitant and distribution wasn't up to his usual standards
Bruno - 6 gave away stupid foul for their goal
Goldson - 5 almost cost us the game dallying on the ball
Dunk -8 MOTM was a leader on the pitch tonight
Rosenior -5 Quiet
Murphy -6 made some decent runs off the ball
Stephens - 6 wasteful in possession
Kayal -6 lost the battle in midfield in 2nd half
Lualua -5 offered no threat at all
Skalak -7 Mixed bag of deliveries from set pieces
Hemed - 6 worked hard should have scored his header

Wilson -4 decent long range effort but nothing else
Knockaert -8 excites me every time he gets on the ball
Sidwell -8 Composed finish

Agree with most of that. Dunk is different class at times.

Ref - 4
Stewards - 1
Our support - 9
Theirs - 6 (second half only)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stephens 4.5.... Really? Yes a couple of wayward passes but broke up a lot of play and worked exceptionally hard.

There were more than a couple of wayward passes. It's his responsibility to make things tick over, and he kept giving the ball away in the second half and, as a consequence, I think he should be marked down more prominently given our woeful display then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone who thought that was the worst performance of the season didn't attend Preston at home, or maybe Sheffield Wednesday at home.

Both games were pathetic wastes of everyone's lieves.

Nothing comes close to Rotherham away. There was absolutely nothing to mitigate awful play by all the team.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
From the TV I thought we were silky and imperious - and then we scored. After scoring we just sat back, and Forest got it right tactically in the second half when we allowed them to dominate and were dreadful. As for Dunk's booking let's remember that it was for a foul on Gardner, so he can be forgiven. DUnk seems to be channeling his aggression better at the moment. But three points after a poor evening at the office.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
That was the worst performance all season

Absolutely awful. The midfield were chasing things down for no reason and Forest just bypassed them.

Lua Lua has absolutely no focus and cannot stick to where he is supposed to play. Skalak, I still don't know what position he was playing. I saw him at right back near the end.

Lewis Dunk, not normally one of my favourite players was absolutely superb. Rosenior was solid but he has a better understanding with Murphy than he does with anyone else. Jamie was OK but Forest were tugging at his shirt all the time to put him off his stride.

Hemed was industrious but then so is an ant. Goldson was a little shaky - Knockeart, well Forests fear of him allowed us to do a Dick Turpin and steal the points. The others chased shadows and I will have to say that team selection was wrong tonight Chris and he needs to stop trying to find places in the starting eleven, for 2 players who don't really deserve to be in the team unless they are doing something brilliant in training. That's Skalak and Lua Lua

You watched a different game to me , team selection was right as we won , I thought our wide men were good in the first half , as was the team ,only thing that matters is that we won . Our only mistake was not to put forest away whilst we were in complete control of the match

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would say our defensive shape for a large number of both corners and free kicks could probably not be described as either of these - more like "milling around in the general vicinity". No exaggeration to say our inability to defend crosses in to the box could cost us automatic promotion.

For my two penneth, the issue is that stockdale doesn't come for many, which means the defence are often too deep, allowing space for the attachers to run on to the ball. Appreciate not the case tonight, but I felt was against Burnley, when they seemed to be able to whip crosses in to the 6 yard box without him coming for any.

But hughton and calderwood were both defenders so hopefully they know how to sort it out - because it keeps costing us.

I think your comments on Hughton and Calderwood a little unfair.

We are sitting 3rd in the table and just a few points off the automatic promotion places and with a fairly decent defensive record so for the most part they must be defending corner and free kicks reasonably well. The fact that we have conceded goals at corners and free kicks is probably highlighted even more that because for the most part we defend well when we do concede a goal it highlights itself.

If the coaches were not doing a good job defensively then we wouldn't be where we are at this stage in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here