Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Ipswich

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What game were you watching?

Most of his long balls were top class. Majority went to OG and even tex won a few. The one to Bruno... Wow

As for their keeper, numerous times into touch. Do you not remember PIG?

Amen to that, Stockdale's distribution is terrific always has been.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7
Bennett 7
Greer 7
Hughes 8

Ince 8
Holla 6
Tex 9

Calderon 6
Baldock 8

COG 9

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale - 8 - World class pass to Bruno and save for the offside shot. Dominated his area very well and slowed down the play when needed taking a yellow for the team.

Bruno - 8 - Better than many on NSC will give him credit for. Lots of great attacking then some wonderful tackling in the sending half. Has made the right back berth his own for Arsenal.

Bennett - 7 - Some great attacking moments and some good defending. Hopefully on his way to a permanent contract with the Albion.

Greer - 7 - Better with Dunk but led the line well.

Hughes - 6 - Thought he could have done better for both goals.

Holla - 7 - Great set piece delivery and has formed a good partnership with Ince.

Ince - 8 - Proved he is now our number one in the centre of the pitch. Those inspector gadget extendable legs broke up many an attack and he also got himself into some good attacking positions. Has the potential to be better than Bridcutt and is obviously loving life under Hughton.

Baldock -7 - Worked hard and performed a role. Great goal and has a good footballing brain.

Calderon - 6 - Worked hard and performed a role. Nothing to raise the pulse.

Texiera - 9 - Folk such as Gerrard call him the next Deco - he will be on this performance.

O'Grady - 8 - Great positions, attitude and strength. Wins headers. And the ball tends to stick. Three awful shots but gave others so much time and space to create and score.

Great comments here, especially on Stockdale and Bruno. I'd go along with most of your scores too, although Greer only warrants a 6 for me, whereas Ince's performance was a 9, worthy of a joint MotM with Tex. I thought Best looked excellent when he came on too, worthy of an 8.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Stockdale - 8 - World class pass to Bruno and save for the offside shot. Dominated his area very well and slowed down the play when needed taking a yellow for the team.

Bruno - 8 - Better than many on NSC will give him credit for. Lots of great attacking then some wonderful tackling in the sending half. Has made the right back berth his own for Arsenal.

Bennett - 7 - Some great attacking moments and some good defending. Hopefully on his way to a permanent contract with the Albion.

Greer - 7 - Better with Dunk but led the line well.

Hughes - 6 - Thought he could have done better for both goals.

Holla - 7 - Great set piece delivery and has formed a good partnership with Ince.

Ince - 8 - Proved he is now our number one in the centre of the pitch. Those inspector gadget extendable legs broke up many an attack and he also got himself into some good attacking positions. Has the potential to be better than Bridcutt and is obviously loving life under Hughton.

Baldock -7 - Worked hard and performed a role. Great goal and has a good footballing brain.

Calderon - 6 - Worked hard and performed a role. Nothing to raise the pulse.

Texiera - 9 - Folk such as Gerrard call him the next Deco - he will be on this performance.

O'Grady - 8 - Great positions, attitude and strength. Wins headers. And the ball tends to stick. Three awful shots but gave others so much time and space to create and score.

I agree with most of that, but I'd switch Greer and Hughes's ratings around. And give Calde a 7 for his persistence that meant, along with Bruno, very few Ipswich attacks came down that side.

As a side note, did Stockdale get a yellow? Missed that if so.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great team performance last night. What a difference from the dross dealt out under Sami.

Stockdale 8. Some very good distribution together with competent shot stopping.
Bruno 8. One of his best performances. Very disciplined and took his defensive duties seriously.
Greer 7. Not at his best.
Hughes 7. OK.
Bennett 7. Decent enough performance and great cross for the third goal.
Ince 8. Not quite up to the consistently high standards we have been seeing recently, but still an excellent performance.
Holla 7. Getting better the more he plays. Set pieces very good.
Calderon 7. Played well in a position he's not used to.
Tex 9 MOM. Outstanding.
Baldock 7. Probably his best game for us.
COG 8. Showed what a striker should be doing. Great hold up play. Won nearly all high balls. Passing very good. Put himself about.

Subs:
Best 6. Looked OK in the limited time he had.
March N/A

In my opinion we definitely should not sell COG. He's looking more and more like the kind of striker we need. And Best is so far unproven.

The team looked much better without JFC and CMS. CMS should be released.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Stockdale - 7 - Had little to do but eased a lot of pressure claiming some crosses very confidently
Bruno - 7 - Possibly his best game of the season. Doubled up with Calde brilliantly
Bennett - 6 - Roasted for their firtst goal but a good, solid game otherwise
Greer - 6 - Ok, but distribution is still a bit wayward
Hughes - 7 - Solid and calming influence at the back
Holla - 7 - Delivered some excellent set-pieces and protected the back four well
Ince - 8 - Just ridiculous. Managed to get a long let in the way so often and the ball is starting ot skick to him much better too
Baldock - 7.5 - Lovely goal, had great success down the left and linked with O'Grady well
Calderon - 8 - Appeared to be everywhere. A real livewire performance and delivered some good crosses and got into the box well.
Teixeira - 9 - Absolutely brilliant. His best performance since Bolton (H).
O'Grady - 7.5 - Tireless work. Held up play well. Chased back well. Fundamentally proved that we need to be playing a striker capable of holding the ball up rather than ones that can't

Subs:
Best - 7 - Worked hard, played his role well. Didn't necessarily look like scoring but didn't really get a chance yet. A promising start though
March - 6 - Ok, but made 2 or 3 loose passes and looks a bit out of place in a side playing like they did last night

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Bruno a 6 and Bennett a 9 - that is plain stupid.

Maybe a tad harsh on Bruno, but Bennett would of been my MOM had it not been for Tex double

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 7.5 - commanding - again
Bruno 7
Greer 7
Hughes 7
Bennett 7.5 - very positive
Ince 6 - played well but far too often gives the ball away after winning it. has to cut it out
Holla 7.5
Calde 7.5
Tex 8
Baldock 7
O'Grady 6.5

Best 7 - good control, intelligent movement
March N/A

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bruno 7
Greer 7
Hughes 7
Ince 6 - played well but far too often gives the ball away after winning it. has to cut it out
Holla 7.5
Calde 7.5
Tex 8
Baldock 7
O'Grady 6.5

March N/A

How you can rate Ince 1.5 below Holla beggars belief also O'Grady below Best. O'Grady created all the space that allowed the goals to be scored he was immense.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
How you can rate Ince 1.5 below Holla beggars belief also O'Grady below Best. O'Grady created all the space that allowed the goals to be scored he was immense.

1/ Because Holla was less eye catching but tidy. Ince often wins the ball superbly & immediately carelessly gives it away - he did it several times yesterday & it will lose us games if he doesn't cut it out.
2/ Best looked several classes above COG in the time he was on. COG worked hard for longer, so it was close...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bruno 7
Greer 7
Hughes 7
Holla 7.5
Calde 7.5
Tex 8
Baldock 7
O'Grady 6.5

March N/A

You must have been watching a different game to me. How can you only give COG 6.5 and Ince 6.

COG's work rate and holding the ball up was immense. His best performance in an Albion shirt. He isnt fast, but he put in a great shift last night.
And Ince, although losing the ball a couple of times is improving the more he plays. He may lose a few balls, but nearly always retrieves the situation immeadiately.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Piltdown Man havent seen any ratings from you, it would interesting to see what you would give one of your favourite players Bruno.

Sorry Brian only just got back from a hospital appointment having had my sinuses flushed......not nice. So here goes

Stockdale 8 Some great distribution and commanded his area.
Bruno 7 With having God play in front of him this gave him confidence!!
Greer 6 Got done for speed again on occasions but better distribution than last Saturday.
Hughes 7 Done well considering little game time, slipped for their second goal not his fault.
Bennett 6 Attempts some silly little passes/flicks at times.
Ince 9 This man will play for England, immense
Holla 7 Played well with the future England player
Calde 8 The effort of God knows no bounds.
Tex 9 Two goals, best game yet for us.
Baldock 7 Looking better each game
O'Grady 9 MOM His work upfront created all three goals. Brought others into play and held on to the ball. Best all round performance form one of our forwards for some time.

Best 7 Not bad after a few quiet moments when first on.
March N/A

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Stockdale - 6 - Nothing to do but stop two shots... Which he didn't... Should certainly have done better with the second... Good save when their striker was offside!
Bruno - 7 - Decent game. Some of our best work occurred down that right side.
Bennett - 6 - Looked vulnerable particularly in the first half and gave the ball away a couple of times.
Greer - 6 - Not the player he was before his little lay off. Come on GG.
Hughes - 6.5 - Doesn't get many run outs, but I thought he played well last night without doing anything spectacular... was it him who slipped for their 2nd goal?
Holla - 6 - That early season promise seems to have left him. Poor performance for me. Caught in possession and gave the ball away.
Ince - 8 - Another top notch performance. He oozes quality and bossed that midfield. When he does make a mistake, out comes one of those long legs to make amends... Needs to be better in the air and should have stopped the cross for the first goal (bit petty).
Baldock -7 - Full of running and a great goal. Should have scored a second 4-1 would have killed it off... and if we had come back for a point then I'd be having a right go at him.
Calderon - 7.5 - He's here, he's there, he's every Fking where... lacks quality at time, but LEGEND
Texiera - 9 - If there has been a better performance at home this season I missed it! Tired near the end and should have come off 5 minutes early perhaps. His goals were excellent, the first is as good as any scored here PERIOD.
O'Grady - 7 - He's like an out house, big, strong, difficult to knock off the ball. Worked so hard for the team. Didn't win a lot in the air and his finishing wasn't the best but he is so important to us right now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry Brian only just got back from a hospital appointment having had my sinuses flushed......not nice. So here goes

:lolol: Fantastic, you're fast becoming my favourite poster on NSC..........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 8
Bennett - 6
Greer - 6
Hughes - 6
Holla - 6
Ince - 7
Texeirra - 9 - I'm not a fan, but that was more like when he first arrived - great performance
Calderon - 8 - helped by having God play behind him :wink:
Baldock - 6
O'Grady - 8

Best - 7 - did nothing wrong
March N/A

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry Brian only just got back from a hospital appointment having had my sinuses flushed......not nice. So here
It was good to see that Calderon had obviously watched videos of Bruno playing that role and followed suit. Lets hope he does the same with Bruno playing at right back ready for when the situation arises for him to play there again.

I will add in the last 2 games Ince has looked a different player to the clumsy error ridden one earlier in the season which must be down to CH and possibly NJ.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was good to see that Calderon had obviously watched videos of Bruno playing that role and followed suit. Lets hope he does the same with Bruno playing at right back ready for when the situation arises for him to play there again.
As you know Calderón, being God, created Bruno in an image of himself with less hair and a touch of class. Lets face it he's not going to make an exact copy that'll be stupid it would take some of the adulation away from him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here