Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Ipswich

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Stockdale -7-good kicking, good time wasting,one great save from a header which was offside in the end.
Bruno-7- solid, links well with cald.
Hughes-8-reads game well.
Greer-7- maybe let his man go for first goal but was a great cross.
Bennett-7- some great runs, great footwork at times, few sloppy passes.
Holla-7- solid, kept things ticking.
Ince-8- bossed midfield, unstoppable at times and great feet.
Baldock-8-great goal, should of scored another but worked so hard.
Calderon-7- play him anywhere, mr dependable.
Tex-9- MOM,class above, suited playing in the hole, behind a striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation.
COG-9- great touch, held ball up so well. Missed one good chance.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Stockdale 7

Bruno 6
Greer 6
Hughes 5
Bennett 9

Calde 7
Holla 7
Ince 8

Baldock 7
Tex 9

O'Grady 8

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 7 gets better each game.
Bruno 7 Good defensive display
Greer 7 Great improvement on Saturday
Hughes 7 Very profffesional and accomplished performance
Bennett 7 Good solid performance
Holla 7 stuck his foot in when it mattered tired a little late on
Ince 8 Gets better and looks more comfortable some lapses but won the ball back each time
Calderon 7 complemented Bruno both defending and attacking.
Teixiera 9 Superb in every way deserved MOM.
Baldock 7 Great goal and constant threat to Ipswich.
COG 7.5 Good all round performance showed what he can do given the chances.
Subs
Best 6 showed good movement when he came on should be a good signing.
March n/a not on long enough to judge.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale 7

Bruno 7
Greer 7
Hughes 7
Bemnett 7

Calderon 9
Holla 8
Ince 8
Tex 10+

Baldock 8
COG 9

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Stockdale 7.5 - Why does it seem like the other teams' goalkeepers manage to find their own player with the long balls almost all the time, whereas Stockdale almost never finds a Brighton player unless he plays it short?

What game were you watching?

Most of his long balls were top class. Majority went to OG and even tex won a few. The one to Bruno... Wow

As for their keeper, numerous times into touch. Do you not remember PIG?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7
Greer 6
Hughes 6.5
Bennett 7.5

Calde 8
Holla 7
Ince 8.5

Baldock 8
Tex 9

O'Grady 8

March 6
Best 7

Forgetting individual ratings, it was a top team performance. Tons of effort all over the pitch and several pairings looked good - Caldy and Bruno, COG and Tex, Holla and Ince, Baldock and Bennett........

Please Chris leave CMS and JFC out on Sunday......

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 7
Bennett - 7
Greer - 6
Hughes - 7
Holla - 6
Ince - 8.5 - Brilliant bossed the midfield
Baldock -7.5
Calderon - 7.5
texiera - 9
O'Grady - 7 - Some brilliant hold up play but should have done better with a couple of chances

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ince 8.5 MOM for me. Nothing was gonna get past Bruno either. Tex and Holla both did well.

How can you only say Tex did well. He was outstanding. In fact IMHO, it was the best and most creative midfield performance by anyone in a Brighton shirt since Vicente against Derby.
He worked his nuts off, scored two crackers and was committed in his tackles.
One lovely 2nd half moment when he went into one of the Ipswich giants, Tex is only half his size, but won the tackle and left the Ipswich bloke on the deck pleading to the ref for a foul.

I also reckon Holla had his best game for the club, great corners, and he looked more at home 2nd half getting forward more, rather than sitting back holding. Would love to know the distance he covered last night.
A great all round team performance.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7
Greer 6
Hughes 6.5
Bennett 7.5

Calde 8
Holla 7
Ince 8.5

Baldock 8
Tex 9

O'Grady 8

March 6
Best 7

Forgetting individual ratings, it was a top team performance. Tons of effort all over the pitch and several pairings looked good - Caldy and Bruno, COG and Tex, Holla and Ince, Baldock and Bennett........

Please Chris leave CMS and JFC out on Sunday......

This. Sign J Bennett on a permanent contract. Good referee too - excellent advantages played.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It's becoming more obvious that if you leave out JFC (and possibly CMS) we win - they are the weak links in that side or to be kinder to them perhaps they just don't fit in that side.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
First time I have seen Stockdale that good - he did more or less everything right.
O'Grady just an outstanding performance, moved to get on everything, was very strong and won almost everything, held it up well and set players free with good lay offs. Best centre forward display I have seen in ages. Only the goals are missing and they will come if he stays in the team.
Calde - how can you run that much and stay that strong for 90 mins. Great performance.
Tex - obviously his best so far
Baldock - great goal and just looked so much better with CoG up there.
Others did well too, but these were stand out performances for me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
First game for ages for me, lovely lot in WSU as well.

Stockdale: 7. Incredible save for the offside effort, but wasn't tested too much overall. Good distribution.
Bruno: 7. Solid in defence and didn't go walkabout as much as he has done in the past. Gave them little chance down their left side.
Greer: 6.5. Not the best I've seen him, but not bad.
Hughes: 7. Seemed to read the game really well for someone who hasn't had much game time. Looked comfortable.
Bennett: 7.5. Was worried in the first half as they targeted his side for their attacks and it worked for the most part. Got better as the game went on.
Ince: 8.5. Was everywhere, broke up play effectively and helped orchestrating some attacks. Seems to be thriving knowing he can break forward and Holla will sit back.
Holla: 7.5. Definitely an improvement on JFC's set pieces. Did what he needed to do, though had chances to commit to tackles and didn't. Solid if unspectacular, but that's what you expect from the holding role.
Calderon: 7. SO much energy, kept going until the very last. Hasn't the pace to be an out-and-out winger but linked up well with Bruno and Tex.
Baldock: 8. Incredible goal, great work-rate going forward and back and stronger than he looks. Really good effort I thought.
Tex: 9.5. Ipswich didn't have a CLUE what to do with him. Part of everything that was good about the performance. Tackled back lots as well which surprised me. Ran himself into the ground and took his goals well.
COG: 9. MOM if it weren't for Tex. Great hold up play, harassed their CB's all night, giving them no time. Good to see him running not just in the channels but across the line to keep their defence alert. Superb target man performance and a much deserved standing ovation when he came off.

Best: 6. Not a bad cameo - unfortunate that we conceded literally after he came on, meaning we were on the back foot a bit but a good job - very strong and a bit quicker than COG. Promising.
March: Not on long enough, really.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale 7 Not much he could do about the first goal, the second went through his legs

Bruno 7 Much better in this role behind Calde, less likely to venture too far upfield and get exposed
Greer 6 Let Murphy get in front of him for their first goal
Hughes 7 Steady. Was he at fault/sleeping for their second?
Bennett 7.5 Good support for Baldock, great cross for Tex goal

Calde 8 Run his socks off, a revelation in that role.
Holla 7 Good set pieces, about time we have a threat from corners and free kicks
Ince 7.5 Industrious as ever, lost a mark as some sloppy passes could have been costly

Baldock 8 Worked hard again out of position, fantastic goal
Tex 9 Wow! Where did that performance come from

O'Grady 8 Classic centre forward play, would be delighted if he stayed.

Hughton 8 Always on the touchline encouraging the team. Didnt panic or let the heads go down when they pulled a goal back. Shame the Best substitution led to an immediate goal, cant really blame him for that though, Best for O`Grady was logical with Sunday in mind

Crowd 9 Great effort for a sub 20k attendance on a freezing cold midweek match.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Very impressed with the number of times Bruno received the ball and laid it off/passed it with his first touch.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A note of caution RE Texiera. Ipswich's strict 4-4-2 played into his hands and gave him room to operate in front of the back 4. As we've seen throughout this season he struggles to impose himself in games where teams have a player in front of the back 4 tasked with stopping him.

However, two things about last night I'd like to see continue that will benefit him, a more physical presence from O'Grady ensured the centre backs couldn't push up too much giving him even more room. Also Hughton doesn't seem to be so worried about Tex contributing defensively, which certainly at home and with 2 more defensively minded players behind him is wise.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ince looked poor in the first half. Did those giving him 9 turn up late?

I thought that as well, he had a good second half - although still gave a couple of passes away - but struggled to impose himself in the first half

I can't be bothered to give ratings but, like most on here, I'd have Tex as MOTM by a cigarette paper width from COG. That was a real striker performance, I'd be gutted if he leaves.

Great work by Calde too, linked well with Bruno and thought Holla had a decent game too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought that as well, he had a good second half - although still gave a couple of passes away - but struggled to impose himself in the first half

I can't be bothered to give ratings but, like most on here, I'd have Tex as MOTM by a cigarette paper width from COG. That was a real striker performance, I'd be gutted if he leaves.

Great work by Calde too, linked well with Bruno and thought Holla had a decent game too.

Agree with all of that though COG was marginally my MOM, but that might just be because I want him to stay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here