Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Forest Away/Just back from the game

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Kaz raised hands and shoved their player to the floor after being fouled retaliation =red card so lucky to get yellow really

But he didn't actually raise his hands which is probably why he escaped with a yellow. Just stood up and used his strength to knock him over. The guy had just tried to kick him in the nuts so not surprised he was peed off but a silly risk.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
But he didn't actually raise his hands which is probably why he escaped with a yellow. Just stood up and used his strength to knock him over. The guy had just tried to kick him in the nuts so not surprised he was peed off but a silly risk.

Just watched it on the box ,your quite right
Its just in realtime at the game it looked very much like he had raised his hands in retaliation
As you say they both had a kick at him, so i can fully understand Kaz s reaction

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A lot of those are the same people who moan every time we play with one 'true' winger. Maybe they'll finally understand why after yesterday. First half couldn't get a kick. Second half, with a stronger midfield, superb.

And a lot of those are the people that say you shouldn't change to fit opponents, you should make them change for you. Which is a naive and arrogant attitude that ignores that by forcing them to change, you are making them approach you in a way that exploits your weaknesses, so if you don't change, you risk gifting the game to them. Palace didn't change there tactics v us, we did and playing two wingers against them worked. It doesn't work v every team (see also Leeds at home last season when we were two down at half time with two wingers, and turned it around to 3-2 until a late error made it 3-3, with one winger in the second)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just watched it on the box ,your quite right
Its just in realtime at the game it looked very much like he had raised his hands in retaliation
As you say they both had a kick at him, so i can fully understand Kaz s reaction

Still a bit lucky not to get a red - thought the ref handled the game very well overall.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Top marks to GP for whatever he said at half time!
He said Kaz you're off, Dean you're on.
Lualua was lucky not to get sent off. One of the most blatant red cards you will ever see
Disagree.

I was majorly impressed with the noise made by the home fans, it's a long time since Ive heard a home crowd make that much noise.
Yep, they sounded good - partly due to the acoustics etc, but good none the less.
Personally I think they contributed to our poor start as they out sang us to the point where we couldn't be heard.
I think it was more due to the players on the pitch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player ratings

Ulloa 9.10
Buckley 7.20
Greer 7.10
Upson 7.05
Calderon 6.95
David Lopez 6.00
Bridge 5.95
Lualua 5.60 (47mins)
Orlandi 5.60 (92mins)
Crofts 5.45
*Ankergren 4.00

Subs
Hammond 7.14 (49mins)
Dunk 6.00 (4mins)

Team Average: 6.40

*Just a reminder, the range is 0-10, anything below that is registered as 0, anything above as 10. N/A are not registered at all, so, for example, Ankergren got one zero for RM-taylor's -1000, and nothing entered for rugrat (or anyone who used his as their template).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here