Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Forest Away/Just back from the game

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Casper 5: He made three excellent saves to keep us in the match earlier, which presumably the lynch mob and the emotionally immature have forgotten. Was a contender for MoM until the howler (which was dreadful), so a 7/8 becomes a 5
Calde 7: The only time I wish I was gay is in respect of our Catalan cavalier of flair. Got stuck in when he had to, supported well on the right.
Bridge 6: A bit subdued by his standards
Greer 7: Looked very assured, won a lot in both the air and the ground
Upson 7: Same as Greer
Orlandi 6: Did not impose himself, anonymous for long periods
Lopez 6: Not his normal sublime self, although some nice triangles at times.
Croft 6: I suspect he is not 100% match fit, battled well without much reward
KLL 5: Silly booking, could easily have been a red. He was looking our most creative outlet until that happened. A Forest player kicked him when he was on the floor, which riled him, but you can't take the game into your own hands.
Buckley 6: Looked lost first half, came more into it in the second when we went 4-4-2.
Ulloa 9: A goal, an assist, a chance cleared off the line. Led the line superbly, and gave us an outlet when we were under pressure.

Subs:

Hammond 7: Gave us more steel in the second half
Dunk 6: Not on for long, but didn't exactly shore up the defence

Overall a fair result. We were second best for 45 minutes, but looked more threatening once Gus changed the formation. Thought the support was a bit quiet today for such a big crew.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
We weren't good but neither were they. A draw was a fair result but we could have so easily come away with all 3.

Ankergren - If he hadn't made that howler he actually had a good game and would have scored a 7 or 8. I'm not going to slate him ... shit happens
Calderon 7 - Composed, got forward well, didn't see much troubling him down their left side
Greer and Upson 8 - did their jobs well. Had to put a big shift in today and definitely demonstrated the value of Bridcutt (again)
Bridge 6 -Tried to make some things happen but guilty of giving the ball away too often
Crofts 4 - Poor, Didn't control anything much, chased shadows
Dave and Orlandi 5 - Both looked a bit lost and lightweight ... neither created too much and were largely anonymous
KLL 5 - Never really got going. After the Barnes stuff one has to wonder what has been said in the dressing room
Buckley 7 - Heavy footed and back to not running at his men. Saying that they were definately bothered by him and generally had 2 on his back so had a lot to do. Took his goal well after switching sides and losing his marker(s)
Ulloa 10 - Does as much work, if not more, than CMS took his goal well and set up Buckley perfectly. A real handful and likely kept them from pressing us right back into our 6 yard box such was his danger

This is the closest to what I think , except Lua Lua. 6.5 He was our most effective player going forward first half. Not brilliant just best. He was targeted by the Forest ruffs which wound him up and was lucky not to get sent off but then the same could have been said for the forest player who the ref let off entirely. The ref should have afforded him more protection, same point applies to Ulloa.Wise of Poyet to take KLL off to avoid a red.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Just want to give the fans a ten - I was sat with my family ( brother and niece are Forest fans) and my dad a Birmingham supporter - so we were both pleased with him!) in the far corner by the Trent End

When I walked in I could only hear the Albion fans. They looked really impressive filling the one stand and could be heard throughout the match.

I'd give Gus. Nine as well today

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just got back. I'm definitely thinking it's a point gained, they were the better team for large periods of the game.

Ankergren - 5. Would've been an 8 if it wasn't for their second goal, he kept us in the game for the first half so deserves some credit too.

Calderon - 6.5. Linked up really well with Buckley.
Greer - 7. Very calm and assured.
Upson - 6.5. Also solid.
Bridge - 6.5. Not a lot of opportunity to run at Forest today, but did well defensively.

Crofts - 6.5. One of his better games for us I think, apart from a few misplaced passes.
Orlandi - 6. Anonymous apart from a few good corners.
Lopez - 7. Really came alive towards the end of the second half. His first touch is SUBLIME at times.
Buckley - 8. Hopefully now he's found his scoring boots his confidence in his ability to run at players will return. Gave their full-backs quite a bit to think about today.
Lualua - 6.5. Not sure what he did to get the Forest fans so riled, didn't see it myself, but had a reasonable first half. I'd start him against Charlton.

Ulloa - 8.5 MOTM. Nice finish, great assist and could've scored a couple more but slipped in their penalty box (the pitch was shite wasn't it?)

----------

Hammond - 8. Really revitalised us in the second half. Put himself about and played some nice football too.
Dunk - n/a.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sounds like Ulloa had a cracker. Any one who went - do you think he still has the legs for same again Tuesday.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Uolla is class a nightmare to defend against his second half display today was worth the admission fee alone, best signing in the championship this season.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sounds like Ulloa had a cracker. Any one who went - do you think he still has the legs for same again Tuesday.

Let's hope, although it looked OK I think that pitch was as heavy as hell

He was immense, even though he'll be here for less than half a season, if he goes on like this I can't see how he won't challenge Bridcutt for Player of Season

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

He was immense, even though he'll be here for less than half a season, if he goes on like this I can't see how he won't challenge Bridcutt for Player of Season

Are u not taking the wife out for a romantic meal ...seeing as your banged up in a hotel. :)

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Bumped into a member of the Albion hierarchy on the way home, was telling us a bug swept thro the club which affected Tom, Bridders & Bridgey! Maybe explains Waynes slightly under par performance today? All had the 'two bob bits' apparently!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ankergren 6
Calderon 7
Greer 6
Upson 7
Bridge 6
Crofts 6
Orlandi 6
LuaLua 6
Lopez 7
Buckley 7
Ulloa 9

subs

Hammond 7
Dunk 6

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
We weren't good but neither were they. A draw was a fair result but we could have so easily come away with all 3.

Ankergren - If he hadn't made that howler he actually had a good game and would have scored a 7 or 8. I'm not going to slate him ... shit happens
Calderon 7 - Composed, got forward well, didn't see much troubling him down their left side
Greer and Upson 8 - did their jobs well. Had to put a big shift in today and definitely demonstrated the value of Bridcutt (again)
Bridge 6 -Tried to make some things happen but guilty of giving the ball away too often
Crofts 4 - Poor, Didn't control anything much, chased shadows
Dave and Orlandi 5 - Both looked a bit lost and lightweight ... neither created too much and were largely anonymous
KLL 5 - Never really got going. After the Barnes stuff one has to wonder what has been said in the dressing room
Buckley 7 - Heavy footed and back to not running at his men. Saying that they were definately bothered by him and generally had 2 on his back so had a lot to do. Took his goal well after switching sides and losing his marker(s)
Ulloa 10 - Does as much work, if not more, than CMS took his goal well and set up Buckley perfectly. A real handful and likely kept them from pressing us right back into our 6 yard box such was his danger

good assessment only possible quibble with it was CB s a tad high more a 7 otherwise spot on

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Agreed the ball did not seem to carry across the pitch very well at all today

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Just got back. I'm definitely thinking it's a point gained, they were the better team for large periods of the game.

Ankergren - 5. Would've been an 8 if it wasn't for their second goal, he kept us in the game for the first half so deserves some credit too.

Calderon - 6.5. Linked up really well with Buckley.
Greer - 7. Very calm and assured.
Upson - 6.5. Also solid.
Bridge - 6.5. Not a lot of opportunity to run at Forest today, but did well defensively.

Crofts - 6.5. One of his better games for us I think, apart from a few misplaced passes.
Orlandi - 6. Anonymous apart from a few good corners.
Lopez - 7. Really came alive towards the end of the second half. His first touch is SUBLIME at times.
Buckley - 8. Hopefully now he's found his scoring boots his confidence in his ability to run at players will return. Gave their full-backs quite a bit to think about today.
Lualua - 6.5. Not sure what he did to get the Forest fans so riled, didn't see it myself, but had a reasonable first half. I'd start him against Charlton.

Ulloa - 8.5 MOTM. Nice finish, great assist and could've scored a couple more but slipped in their penalty box (the pitch was shite wasn't it?)

----------

Hammond - 8. Really revitalised us in the second half. Put himself about and played some nice football too.
Dunk - n/a.

Kaz raised hands and shoved their player to the floor after being fouled retaliation =red card so lucky to get yellow really

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kaz raised hands and shoved their player to the floor after being fouled retaliation =red card so lucky to get yellow really

Okay, thanks.

On another note, did anyone else see Hammond elbow Henri Lansbury (I think) in the head as Forest were breaking forward at one point? I'm surprised the Fourth Official - only about 15 yards away - didn't see it, would've been a certain red.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Okay, thanks.

On another note, did anyone else see Hammond elbow Henri Lansbury (I think) in the head as Forest were breaking forward at one point? I'm surprised the Fourth Official - only about 15 yards away - didn't see it, would've been a certain red.

TBF the officials were poor all round The fact we sang you dont know what your doing at them When the free kick was in our favour tells its own tale

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Couple of points, Ankergren did make a couple of good saves, my main issue with him isn't the massive howler surprisingly ! It's with his inability to come off his line. Several times in the first and second half he remained stuck to his line which didn't help when we needed to relieve the pressure.

Kaz didn't play well but on that pitch I think he was always going to struggle to be honest.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
And if he doesn't start for a while, people will forget this and start accusing Gus of wasting talent, not being good with man management, etc.

A lot of those are the same people who moan every time we play with one 'true' winger. Maybe they'll finally understand why after yesterday. First half couldn't get a kick. Second half, with a stronger midfield, superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here