Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Forest at home

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Calderon 10 Great at pretending to warm up whilst "coaching" for most of 2nd half, technical area? What technical area?

This is why he should keep his playing contract he spends the whole of the second half coaching all the way up and down the pitch, he's been doing this a couple of seasons now.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I actually thought March played pretty well. He showed some real touches of brilliance. That touch down at the corner flag where he played a long ball pass back over his head and past his opponent looked very Dennis Bergkamp esq. It was the best bit of skill the match had. I can see a top player coming through in Solly March. Just needs the playing time.
Agreed. He's a big threat without quite having the end product to show for it yet (if that makes sense). It will come though. Still got the assist for Kaz's goal and supplied the cross for Hemed's header. A lively display if not as effective as we'd be hoping for from our forward players. Plenty of encouraging signs nonetheless.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Bong was very impressive. Bruno was absolutely dreadful in the 2nd half. He really cannot defend. So out of his depth when the team is under pressure. Our passing fell apart somewhat when we scored but we were resilient, which is something we lacked for most of last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale - 6

Bruno - 8
Greer - 7
Dunk - 7
Bong - 8

March - 7
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 7
Lua Lua - 8

Baldock - 6
Hemed - 7

Ince - 7
O'Grady- 7
Rosenior - 7

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Interesting marks I think most are in agreement apart from Bruno who is dividing opinion between scores of 6 to 8. For me he was our best player last night, not faultless but a really good game, lovely touch and ball retention and he done a good job on their winger who is a handful for anyone. He also won some important headers in our box from their set pieces. I'm not always his biggest fan, as his sometimes to casual in possession and gives the ball away in dangerous areas, he also doesn't always get out quickly enough to block crosses, but none of that was evident last night and he was back to his best form since the beginning of the 2012/13 season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Solid performance not amazing but fairly solid 7s all round mainly. March however is not good enough, and rosenoir looked very good when he came on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just watched the game on fast forward and sky gave Dunk MOM

You mean you didn't stay to clap the players off tut tut

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Stockdale 8 looked very solid
Greer 7 good a few mistakes
Bruno 7 good going forward
Dunk 8 got stronger through the game and looks a dominant force now
Bong 8 very exciting debut - should link well with Kaz
Stephens 8 good performance but may get sent off if not careful
Kayal 9 man of the match for me
March 7 good in parts and will have a big role this season
Lualua 8 great performance and goal celebration
Hemed 6.5 showed promise and should improve
Baldock 6 not strong enough for me

Subs ok but not on for long enough

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale- 7- Made a few good stops, distribution a bit rushed at times. Positioning at the Lansbury free-kick that hit the post was a bit suspect.

Bruno 8- Very good performance today, seems a few don't agree but I thought he had his best game for some time.
Dunk 8 - Made some great last ditch challenges, did well in the air and that surge forward was brilliant.
Greer 7.5 - Think he did well today, composed with the ball at his feet most of the time. Got the better of a few times in the air though.
Bong 8- Impressive debut, looks pretty pacey, strong, defends well and put in a great ball for Hemed in the first half.

March 7- Looked good in flashes but tends to get lost too often. Great potential but not convinced that he should be starting.
Kayal- 7.5 Fantastic in the first half, a few misplaced passes in the second but still a good performance. Won't be long before Prem teams are sniffing around I fear.
Stephens 7.5- As Kayal really, they work very well together. Proving to be a shrewd signing.
LuaLua 8.5 MOM- So pleased for him, he terrorised them at times tonight and even tracked back well. You could see how much he wanted it and he deserved his goal.

Hemed 7- Looked really fired up and was unlucky not to have scored, that save from De Vries was world class. Clearly has great aerial ability and is very physical. Promising.
Baldock 6.5- Didn't really happen for him today. Doesn't help that most of the long balls forward seemed to be aimed at him rather than Hemed, and he isn't going to win anything in the air. Still feel he will come good eventually, just needs some match time.

O'Grady and Ince both did well when they came on, was surprised at how quick COG that time he came forward and won the free-kick from Vaughan (which was never a free-kick). Rosenior ran the clock down well and did what he had to do. Great that we had a player of his calibre to come on and see out the game, must give the team a lot more confidence.

On another note, I thought the ref had was poor for both sides. Stephens and Baldock's bookings in particular were ridiculous, as was Vaughan's for them. Lansbury should've been carded for the challenge on Stephens but wasn't, he lunged in a fair few times and got away with it.

Pretty much how I saw it. Other things|
We're a lot fitter and stronger than last season
We're a niggly, always mouthing off at the opposition, in you face type of team now. I think this is due to Kayal and Hemed. Excellent but I reckon we're going to get a lot of bookings for dissent.

Very early days but promising. Bong and Hemed look to be superb finds, and Bruno is a man reborn

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Stockdale - I remain fearful of wrongful decision making, but had an alright game. Wish his kicking long would go toward the head of Hemed rather than Baldock's each and every time. A reasonable 6.
Bruno - a tough night defensively, but classy in the first half and seemingly unjustly punished for every time one of their divers hit the floor. 6
Bong - I like the Bong. Hope he settles and gets his positioning right backwards and forwards. 7
Greer - did a couple of his misplaced hoofs, but battled welll enough. 7
Dunk - a classy centrehalf that continually matures. Getting better all the time. Hope he leads rather than leaves. 8
Stephens - motored around a bit, but disappeared too often and wasn't as creative as I'd have likes. A 6
Kayal - in and out of the game, but when in it a stylish buck of a beast. 7
March - his thinking was slow in the first half and we lost possession too often with the ball at his feet. Second half better, but still should have done much finer with his chances. 5
Lualua - a steaming return to form. Dazzled energetically and fired home just when we needed it. 8
Hemed - a rough first experience of championship football. Looks like a good signing when he gets used to the speed and physicality of it all. 6
Baldock - ran a lot. Should have put away that chance. 6

This. Stockdale a worry, Stephens not creative enough in a 4-4-2. Bruno clumsy second half but playing against a beast of a winger in Antonio so done ok. Baldock and March should have got on the score board,Bong MOM.Overall good result against one of the better Championship sides. Just reinforces what we already know, creative midfielder and winger required.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Bruno was up against one of the best wingers in the league, I thought he had a solid game.
He did, I don't know where some of the aforementioned comments come from........... March however, was poor.....probably a 5 at best for him.....8 for everyone else.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Bong was very impressive. Bruno was absolutely dreadful in the 2nd half. He really cannot defend. So out of his depth when the team is under pressure. Our passing fell apart somewhat when we scored but we were resilient, which is something we lacked for most of last season.

Made the best tackle of the game on edge of our box when Antonio was about to pull the trigger. Your so wrong!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I actually thought March played pretty well. He showed some real touches of brilliance. That touch down at the corner flag where he played a long ball pass back over his head and past his opponent looked very Dennis Bergkamp esq. It was the best bit of skill the match had. I can see a top player coming through in Solly March. Just needs the playing time.

Agreed. Slightly surprised at some of the negatives on here, as I was pleased to see he was very involved, much more so than seen him before. It is easy to focus on what he did wrong and miss his assists to KLL for goal and cross for nearly Hemed goal. Much rather see him taking responsibility and muffing his lines sometimes than being shrinking violet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought Hemed did much better than some have given him credit for. Great feet, bit of pace for a bigger fella and won loads in the air..?!

What I liked about Hemed was that not only was he good in the air but he also tried to bring the ball down himself when it was in the air to give others time to get around to support him and the more people play with him the more they will see he is capable of that and be ready to be in and around him.

All in all I think everyone played fairly well

The one draw back for me has to be Stockdale still. He had a decent game last night but his moment of madness at that long throw in almost cost us 2 points. We are only one game into the season and that's one blunder already. We got away with it this time but we won't always be so lucky so I hope that is a wake up call for Stockdale himself that his concentration needs to be spot on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You mean you didn't stay to clap the players off tut tut

I stayed but was still home by 10-50, even with a diversion as the pevensey bypass was closed, thanks to everybody staying until the end and the falmer to Lewes train running perfectly. Gave me an hour to skim through the match on fast forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here