Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Forest at home

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I thought Hemed did much better than some have given him credit for. Great feet, bit of pace for a bigger fella and won loads in the air..?!

Agreed. I am largely bias to 'target man' type players though (Hemed is more than that obviously but did a lot more of the physical stuff than I was expecting). Think he'll be a great signing.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Valid point. On reflection Bong had a better game than Baldock so I would upgrade Bong to 7.5.

I like Baldock's movement, if we continue to play two upfront I can see him getting between 12/15 this season. His awareness of space in the box and positioning of defenders was great for the Lua Lua cut back. Curled finish missed by a whisker, but promising signs.

And his first touch is brilliant

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hemed looks a very good buy. As does Bong. As does Rosenior. Long way to go though.

Re Rosenior (may have spelt that wrong) - He looked absolutely mustard when he came on (well out of positioni may add). Just seemed to look so neat and quick - anyone else appreciate his cameo...?

Cameo appreciated by me. This is what I posted on this thread earlier:

Rosenoir 7 -- another great signing, he's quick and a really intelligent player

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 7 - his inability to hold on to a ball is a bit of a concern, and that moment where he froze and left the goal exposed could have cost us, otherwise solid.

The whole defence seemed to work well, covering and supporting each other. I need to watch the game again was it dunk or greer with that goalline block - whicher one it was gets an extra 0.5?
Bruno - 7 - some loose balls, but generally solid performance,
Greer - 7 - A bit slow at time, but generally solid
Dunk - 8 - generally strong performance, dangerous moment early on when chesting the ball down between greer and bruno
Bong - 7 - showed greater strength than Bennett last year, generally solid

March - 6.5 - Probably still getting back to full fitness/form, but seemed to have no confidence when shooting
Stephens - 7.5- Every time I saw him he was chasing the ball, making himself available, working hard
Kayal - 7 - Solid
Lualua - 7.5 - Some poor decision making/execution, but good goal, worked hard and threatened

I'm certain they played a part, but I didn't notice the forwards doing too much.
Baldock - 6.5 -
Hemed - 6.5 -

Ince - Returned some steel to midfield after we lost a little something after taking the lead
O'Grady - Strong hold up play, and playing out time
Rosenior - Showed calm experience to play the game out when in possession

Generally decent performace, lost a little edge after taking the lead, and rode our luck at times, but good to start with a win that we actually deserved.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Stockdale- 7- Made a few good stops, distribution a bit rushed at times. Positioning at the Lansbury free-kick that hit the post was a bit suspect.

Bruno 8- Very good performance today, seems a few don't agree but I thought he had his best game for some time.
Dunk 8 - Made some great last ditch challenges, did well in the air and that surge forward was brilliant.
Greer 7.5 - Think he did well today, composed with the ball at his feet most of the time. Got the better of a few times in the air though.
Bong 8- Impressive debut, looks pretty pacey, strong, defends well and put in a great ball for Hemed in the first half.

March 7- Looked good in flashes but tends to get lost too often. Great potential but not convinced that he should be starting.
Kayal- 7.5 Fantastic in the first half, a few misplaced passes in the second but still a good performance. Won't be long before Prem teams are sniffing around I fear.
Stephens 7.5- As Kayal really, they work very well together. Proving to be a shrewd signing.
LuaLua 8.5 MOM- So pleased for him, he terrorised them at times tonight and even tracked back well. You could see how much he wanted it and he deserved his goal.

Hemed 7- Looked really fired up and was unlucky not to have scored, that save from De Vries was world class. Clearly has great aerial ability and is very physical. Promising.
Baldock 6.5- Didn't really happen for him today. Doesn't help that most of the long balls forward seemed to be aimed at him rather than Hemed, and he isn't going to win anything in the air. Still feel he will come good eventually, just needs some match time.

O'Grady and Ince both did well when they came on, was surprised at how quick COG that time he came forward and won the free-kick from Vaughan (which was never a free-kick). Rosenior ran the clock down well and did what he had to do. Great that we had a player of his calibre to come on and see out the game, must give the team a lot more confidence.

On another note, I thought the ref had was poor for both sides. Stephens and Baldock's bookings in particular were ridiculous, as was Vaughan's for them. Lansbury should've been carded for the challenge on Stephens but wasn't, he lunged in a fair few times and got away with it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stockdale - 7 OK but would like him to claim the ball at crosses a bit more

Bruno - 8 1st half 6 2nd he was getting tired.
Greer - 7 One of his better games
Dunk - 9 Superb
Bong - 8 V good

March - 6 Got in some good positions but his decision making is lacking. Also kept drifting infield something I believe Hoootonne alluded to.
Stephens - 7 Good
Kayal - 7 Good
Lua Lua - 7 Good

Baldock - 7 Good
Hemed - 7 Good

Ince - 8 Same immense self
O'Grady- 8 Love the way he can keep hold of the ball
Rosenior - Good

Calderon 10 Great at pretending to warm up whilst "coaching" for most of 2nd half, technical area? What technical area?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cameo appreciated by me. This is what I posted on this thread earlier:

Rosenoir 7 -- another great signing, he's quick and a really intelligent player

He just seemed the neatest player in the field in the last 10 - can see him being first choice RB soon although Bruno played well too...

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Beram - how many miles did he cover tonight?

Special mention to Kaz who I have never seen do well when he starts a game... Can he now step up. Well done KLL.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I actually thought March played pretty well. He showed some real touches of brilliance. That touch down at the corner flag where he played a long ball pass back over his head and past his opponent looked very Dennis Bergkamp esq. It was the best bit of skill the match had. I can see a top player coming through in Solly March. Just needs the playing time.

Last edited:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Watching on Sky...

Stockdale - 7

Bruno - 8
Greer - 7
Dunk - 8
Bong - 8

March - 7
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 8 MOM
Lua Lua - 7

Baldock - 6.5
Hemed - 7

Ince - 7
O'Grady- 7
Rosenior - 7

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale - 7.5 One crucial save after Kaz gave the ball away in the 2nd half
Bruno - 7 given a hard time, coped well
Greer - 7
Dunk - 6.5
Bong - 7.5 bags of potential, looked very strong
March - 6 lively but nervous/sloppy final ball
Stephens - 6.5
Kayal - 7 standard
Lua Lua - 7 consistently lively, missed his goal!
Baldock - 6
Hemed - 6
Subs - 6

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't be bothered to give ratings although I thought Kayal was MotM, just ahead of Bong. Thought that both March and LuaLua blew a bit hot and cold, some great runs but also some wasteful end product (apart from Kaz's goal, obviously).

Bit surprised to see some of the ratings for Baldock: I thought he put in a terrific shift, was always looking for space and made a thorough nuisance of himself - thought he was better than Hemed, who was great in the air but didn't have the best first touch. But he'll get used to the pace of English football, a promising start

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Stockdale - 7 - looked solid barring a moment caught in no mans land second half
Bruno - 6 - struggled a little against Antonio. To be fair, Antonio looked quality
Bong - 7 - more solid than Bruno. Like
Greer - 6 - lost a lot in the air
Dunk - 8 - that rampaging run added £1m to his price tag. Very good tonight
Kayal - 8 - class. Just about MOTM for me. A very intelligent performance
Stephens - 8 - forming promising partnership with kayal. Got forward well
LuaLua - 8 - the usual mixed bag but more positives than negatives tonight and a great goal
March - 6 - should have done better on a couple of occasions
Hemed - 6 - pretty quiet. Denied by a great save but should he have done better?
Baldock - 6 - worked hard. Should have hit the target with his one good chance

All in all, a good night at the office

Can't be bothered to go through it line by line, but disagree with almost everything you said except ' a good night at the office' . For me, the biggest let down is March: so much talent, but no footballing brain to tell him what to do when he beats a man. Poor,poor decision maker whose final ball lets him down, almost every time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are you ok? :D

Sorry

But in reality there were some days even J Crumplin looked like a footballer. Bruno's was today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here