Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Newcastle

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This whole bloody thing post lockdown has been a 6. I can't wait for next season.

Really? The Arsenal game was excellent. The Liverpool game was exciting and entertaining as well.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I watched in hope and by 60 mins I wanted it all to end, I yearned for someone to just pick up the ball, say that's enough, nothing to see here, everyone just walk down the tunnel, switch off the lights....

I actually don't think I have been so bored watching the Albion, completely boring, boring, boring, dull, utter waste of precious time on this planet.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
We all need to take a deep breath, relax and then look at this season as a whole. Yes the match was dredful and no one covered themselves in glory but we got the point and so on to next season.

As in any season there have been successes and failures but I see great potential coming through. Most of all we have moved on from just hoping not to lose to playing some attractive football. Potter has learnt a lot and knows how much of a challenge the PL is.

Money is likely to be short so our development of young players is a huge advantage. Yes we perhaps need to find another striker and defensive midfielder if we can bit we may have to sell to buy. Thats life.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
There's two things that never get considered in games like this:

1) The way the opposition set up - They had 5 at the back, men behind the ball from minute one and were very quick in closing down Lamptey on the wing. Newcastle weren't ambitious by any means but their game plan was to shut us down and nick a goal if they could;
2) The motivation - Both teams knew a point was a good result from the off. We set out (notionally) to try and win and Newcastle to not lose and both ended up with a solid result that did the job for both sides.

Rating's wise:

Stephens, Webster & Dunk: 7.5
Everyone else: 6

Job done, move on

el punal

I watched in hope and by 60 mins I wanted it all to end, I yearned for someone to just pick up the ball, say that's enough, nothing to see here, everyone just walk down the tunnel, switch off the lights....

I actually don't think I have been so bored watching the Albion, completely boring, boring, boring, dull, utter waste of precious time on this planet.

Oh, I don’t know, the South Downs looked glorious in the evening sunshine. :D

Presumably you were really excited by the second half of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here