Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Newcastle

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Trossards heatmap today:

View attachment 126315

Looks like a winger to me.

And yet it was Mooy playing in the LAM position for the opening 60 mins :shrug: The fact that Trossard kept having to drift in to that position suggests playing Mooy there wasn’t working. Admittedly he did drift out wide once Murray and March were brought on in what looked like a 5-2-3/ 3-4-3 formation.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 6
Lamptey 6
Burn 7
Webster 7
Dunk 7
Stephens 7 MOTM
Bissouma 5
Gross 5
Mooy 5
Trossard 6.5
Maupay 6

MacAllister 5
March 6
Murray 5
Duffy 6
Propper 6

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ryan - 5 - Little to do

Lamptey - 5 - To get towards full international honours he needs to improve his delivery and become harder to knock off the ball.
Burn - 4 - Very poor touch and passing today.
Dunk - 7 - Commanding. Showed his usual good positional sense today
Webster - 7 - MOM - Looks to have his assurance on the ball back after the tricky run of fixtures

Bissouma - 4 - Has gone off the boil since his purple patch last month. Passing lacking sharpness but still covering the ground well
Stephens - 6 - I wrote him off, and I hold my hand up to an error. Remains a conservative selection, but a decent Dale-like performance today.#
Mooy - 4 - I'm not a fan of him playing out on the left. I'd have him right in the centre of the pitch

Trossard - 4 - struggled to make an impact today. We need to persevere with him. Clearly ability there
Gross - 3 - Has put in about 300 consecutive set piece deliveries, which have not resulted in a clear chance. We need to rethink. Peripheral today, like all the attack were.
Maupay - 4 - Fiery and willing. We gave him nothing

March - 4 - Couldn't conjure anything up. At least offered some width
Propper - 3 - Maybe a 0% pass completion rate today
MacAllister - 2 - A lower pass completion rate than Davy. Has shown nothing in his time with us
Murray - 2 - No influence

Harsh on Ally Mac. He's 21 years-old and has just arrived in a new continent in the middle of a pandemic. Despite not having much game time he's already shown glimpses of real quality. Have you forgotten the Arsenal game?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I blame the team selection. Mooy and Gross want to be playing in the same part of the pitch but they can't, because of the other and then Trossard is where they'd like to get on the ball. None of them benefit from all of them being in the same areas. Lamptey and Burn can't cross a ball between them so we have nobody really doing anything to feed Maupay and Trossard, our only goal threats on the pitch.

Gross' corners were rubbish tonight. We have Burn, who has never scored for us, and Dunk and Webster who both have on a fairly regular basis for centre backs. But we're no threat from corners. We bring on Duffy and Murray to add to our numbers and presented a free header for that most secret weapon, Andy Carroll, who could have killed us off at the end.

Stephens and Propper/Bissouma are no goal threat either. We have our offensive players stepping on each other's toes, but that's what the manager has chosen to do. He brings on March to play left wing back with 3 centre backs up against Dwight Gayle before Carroll and Joelinton came on. With Murray on the pitch, why not play Trossard wide to get deliveries into the box for Murray to attack? We feed him, he scores a goal and we win the game. So why not try it?

I'm very disappointed that our tactical manager doesn't pick a team to get the most out of the individuals. That isn't clever, that's tragically naive in my opinion.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
did murray even touch the ball after he came on?

hearts says (for staying up) 10/10 all round., head says 6s all round. we still need to find a supporting act for maupay next season. Dont really get whats up with Macalli? not really seen any good performances from him. is he being played out of position?

Don't know why anyone thought Mcalli was/is going to be anything. He finds the strength of the PL a struggle and isn't quick. Yes technically good but when you're not that strong or quick in the PL what have you got? He hasn't got quick or strong players round him so he can't use any passing skills to play a meaningful pass. What I've just said also applies to Gross, AJ, Mooy (post lockdown), March, Trossard most games and to a lesser extent because of their positions, Stephens and Propper. Oh and while I'm on McAllister, his set pieces are SHIT. Can't really kick the ball hard enough. Now I'm not saying Mcallsietr is shit we just need to choose 2 from 4 out of the slow forwarcplayers we have then get some try and inject some pace/skill!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Harsh on Ally Mac. He's 21 years-old and has just arrived in a new continent in the middle of a pandemic. Despite not having much game time he's already shown glimpses of real quality. Have you forgotten the Arsenal game?

Was talking about the Arsenal game when he came on. He made a yard of space and played an easy ball inside ball to Maupay. Well played but the credit for that goal goes to Maupay for the dummy, Conelley for that amazing flick and .Maupay for the finish. Not Macallister. Weird how people watch that goal and attribute so much to him for it. Suppose NSC want him to succeed for the flair element. As I've just said, he's technically ok but another slow, not strong, attacker who can't take players on his own to add to Mooy, Gross, Trossard, March, AJ zzzzzzzz

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ryan. 1.
Lamptey. 2.
Webster. 3.
Dunk. 4.
BDB. 5.
Mooy. 6.
Gross. 7.
Stephens. 8.
Bissouma. 9.
Trossard. 10.
Maupay. 11.
March. 12.
Murray. 13.
Propper. 14.
Mac Allister. 15.
Duffy. 16.

Nope.

Didn’t work, amazingly I’m still just about awake.

Will go back to the traditional counting sheep method instead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I blame the team selection. Mooy and Gross want to be playing in the same part of the pitch but they can't, because of the other and then Trossard is where they'd like to get on the ball. None of them benefit from all of them being in the same areas. Lamptey and Burn can't cross a ball between them so we have nobody really doing anything to feed Maupay and Trossard, our only goal threats on the pitch.

Gross' corners were rubbish tonight. We have Burn, who has never scored for us, and Dunk and Webster who both have on a fairly regular basis for centre backs. But we're no threat from corners. We bring on Duffy and Murray to add to our numbers and presented a free header for that most secret weapon, Andy Carroll, who could have killed us off at the end.

Stephens and Propper/Bissouma are no goal threat either. We have our offensive players stepping on each other's toes, but that's what the manager has chosen to do. He brings on March to play left wing back with 3 centre backs up against Dwight Gayle before Carroll and Joelinton came on. With Murray on the pitch, why not play Trossard wide to get deliveries into the box for Murray to attack? We feed him, he scores a goal and we win the game. So why not try it?

I'm very disappointed that our tactical manager doesn't pick a team to get the most out of the individuals. That isn't clever, that's tragically naive in my opinion.

I think you're over thinking it. I think they just couldn't be aaarsed.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Was talking about the Arsenal game when he came on. He made a yard of space and played an easy ball inside ball to Maupay. Well played but the credit for that goal goes to Maupay for the dummy, Conelley for that amazing flick and .Maupay for the finish. Not Macallister. Weird how people watch that goal and attribute so much to him for it. Suppose NSC want him to succeed for the flair element. As I've just said, he's technically ok but another slow, not strong, attacker who can't take players on his own to add to Mooy, Gross, Trossard, March, AJ zzzzzzzz

TBF, Propper deserves the most credit, facing the touchline, surrounded by 3 Arsenal players, play the ball over his own head over 2 players to Macallister. But because he's disliked, nobody talks about that part.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly. If what Propper did was done by one the NSC cliques golden boys then they would have been creaming themselves on here for weeks over that piece of skill.

I would argue that Propper is one of the ‘golden boys’, think you only have to look at the criticism of Montoya, March and Stephens for that.

Propper is okay but has been poor recently IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

Don't know why anyone thought Mcalli was/is going to be anything. He finds the strength of the PL a struggle and isn't quick. Yes technically good but when you're not that strong or quick in the PL what have you got? He hasn't got quick or strong players round him so he can't use any passing skills to play a meaningful pass. What I've just said also applies to Gross, AJ, Mooy (post lockdown), March, Trossard most games and to a lesser extent because of their positions, Stephens and Propper. Oh and while I'm on McAllister, his set pieces are SHIT. Can't really kick the ball hard enough. Now I'm not saying Mcallsietr is shit we just need to choose 2 from 4 out of the slow forwarcplayers we have then get some try and inject some pace/skill!

Right, that’s about all the team being shit. Now let’s look at the backroom staff, the kit man, the tea lady, the cardboard cutout fans and the dodgy geezer selling half ‘n half scarves outside the station. :drink:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I mean, Trossard has made a career of being a whinger so playing him as a no.10 whilst a natural no.10 plays out wide seems a bit counterintuitive to me. Not saying Trossard can’t play the no.10 role, just that he’s more suited to whinging than Mooy, Gross or Mac Allister.

Edited for you.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Trossard made a couple of nice flicks and a lovely backheel in the attacking third.
Yet again absolutely nobody in Blue and white anticipating it.
He is a quality player and needs his teammates to start getting on the same wavelength.

I'm hopeful he and Ali Mac will develop an understanding over the next season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Difficult to give marks for some of the players as they had little to do and little motivation and drive. That said Dunk, Webster especially looked good and even Stephens played a few forward balls but then Newcastle facilitated this as they sat back and allowed us time, acres of space and zero threat in our half.

Think I’ll just say well done, congratulations on another season of top-flight football and thanks for making it more enjoyable to watch. We have made small improvements in all areas and I am really looking forward to next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here