Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Brighton - Leicester

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have never admitted to being a football expert even after watching the game since the early 70s, but after reading this thread and watching today's match realise I know absolutely f*** all about football if some people think Proper was MOM or had a decent game.

Sorry, but this is why I don't bother with ratings as I must of missed him having a decent game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He does NOT help the team defensively or offensively. He was pretty culpable for the second too.

The second led to the penalty?

The first was from our own corner.....

Thought he was the only one who looked capable of playing at the same level with their midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Propper MOM!? Did you watch the match at all?

Made numerous mistakes in dangerous positions, no effective service to the forwards and, as per usual, shoots into row Z!

He has some nice touches but I'm beginning to think he’s really not good enough at this level.....

I thought that he was the only one of our team who looked as if he could do something and match them but it is all about opinions and what we see.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Propper seems to be the current ‘marmite’ player, polarising opinion in the proudest traditions of players like Ashley Barnes, Robert Codner etc.

I can see both sides with Davy: he does make mistakes and can leave us exposed. But he also reads the game well, makes telling interventions and picks out passes better than most.

Classy player in my view -and Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten seem to like him in the Dutch shirt!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Christ, some miseries today. 2nd best team in the league & we were well on top until the moment they scored. Thought we were decent today [QUOTE

What game was you at today as at The Amex Leicester were by far the best team for about 80 mins of the game..

Agreeing with you - Aspinall, Potter who said “they had the quality”, independent football writers and all but one caller to Radio Sussex.

The Guardian: “(LCFC were) deeply impressive in a different way. Here Rodgers’ team had to show a broader range of qualities, with patience and defensive diligence allied to multifarious attacking.”

A footballing lesson.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have never admitted to being a football expert even after watching the game since the early 70s, but after reading this thread and watching today's match realise I know absolutely f*** all about football if some people think Proper was MOM or had a decent game.

Sorry, but this is why I don't bother with ratings as I must of missed him having a decent game

If Stephens or March played the way Propper did today, gifting powder puff possession in dangerous places, they’d be crucified yet again.

Propper’s 9’s and 8’s are either a wind-up, or some people simply love having an elegant looking Dutch ACM in the team.

He’s had good days, today was the polar opposite.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If Stephens or March played the way Propper did today, gifting powder puff possession in dangerous places, they’d be crucified yet again.

Propper’s 9’s and 8’s are either a wind-up, or some people simply love having an elegant looking Dutch ACM in the team.

Absolutely this.

He really isn't anything special, and I don't like criticising players.

Don't believe the hype

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Do you seriously think March was better than Propper?

Really surprised [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tander as we normally are in agreement.

Thought Propper played well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't be arsed to rate them all but Ryan was MOM with an 8. The rest 5 or 6

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Were you at the game? Propper deserves 1 just for getting his shirt on right. Absolutely dire.

Not far wrong. Might just give him a 4. He's still a bit of an enigma for me. On occasions can look very assured and can pick a good pass. However, in equal measure he can look lethargic and just a bit too casual. Cost us in the the build up to their penalty with a silly flick and then gave ball away when they should have scored with another breakaway goal.

Offensively our midfield is just too much of a luxury. Yes, I do appreciate Stephen's defensive contribution but where is the killer ball and could either of them chip in with a few goals even if shared between them. It's got a bit of joke when Stephens gets free on the edge of the box and people shout ' shoot' with a sense of irony knowing he will take the easier option. Come on Dale why not back yourself once in a while.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you seriously think March was better than Propper?

Really surprised [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tander as we normally are in agreement.

Thought Propper played well.

We do partly agree, March was poor.

My point is that some on NSC have their favourites - Stephens, Murray and March are crucified after a poor to non-effective performance, some with undisguised loathing. Propper walks on water for those characters, always a 7 to 9 out of ten, even when he’s out powered and paced for 90 minutes, gifting a crucial pen or opening with errors.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wise words. Although he did a few decent things, these were outweighed by some awful passing and decision-making

March wasn’t much cop either. Frustrating as hell.....takes the ball......stops......slows things down....passes inside.....stands still......rinse and repeat. Go find some space after you’ve passed it FFS, or take a player on occasionally.

Duffy seems to have developed a shank.

Ryan made 2 or 3 excellent saves. Good game.

The rest were alright, no-one stood out though.

Potter got the tactics wrong (left us woefully exposed on the break) and the team were naive at times (worst example for me was Evans was off the pitch following treatment, we have a corner and do some daft long ball routine....it was the perfect time to get on on to Duffy’s head).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Leicester are not a great team but they are effective. They dont play you off park like liverpool and man city but they do exploit any weaknesses.

they played to their strengths which is to get the ball out quickly to the front players and break with devasting pace and we let them do that. We just fannied around with the ball with little urgency and were careless in the pass. There was a bright spell which led to their goal but even then we were indecisive.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Webster today reminded me of Dale Stephens that first season in the Premier League, always wanting more time than is available. I'm sure that like Dale, he'll soon come to terms with the pace.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wise words. Although he did a few decent things, these were outweighed by some awful passing and decision-making

March wasn’t much cop either. Frustrating as hell.....takes the ball......stops......slows things down....passes inside.....stands still......rinse and repeat. Go find some space after you’ve passed it FFS, or take a player on occasionally.

Duffy seems to have developed a shank.

Ryan made 2 or 3 excellent saves. Good game.

The rest were alright, no-one stood out though.

Potter got the tactics wrong (left us woefully exposed on the break) and the team were naive at times (worst example for me was Evans was off the pitch following treatment, we have a corner and do some daft long ball routine....it was the perfect time to get on on to Duffy’s head).

I can only think of two other relatively low budget PL teams in history, that played a very high line and pushed virtually everyone up in naive attacks AGAINST TOP 8 TEAMS HOME AND AWAY.

For both 80% of the time or more, this ended in lots of goals conceded and losses:

1. Hudd under Wagner in first PL season, until the penny dropped. He changed after NY 2018.
2. Norwich for most of this season, before similarly Farke, adapted to a balance.

There’s no shame when playing Manure, Citeh, Chelsea or Leicester in leaving, deeper, your CB’s, at least one FB and one CM. That still leaves 5 attacking players such as Maupay, one WB, Trossard etc in attack.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We do partly agree, March was poor.

My point is that some on NSC have their favourites - Stephens, Murray and March are crucified after a poor to non-effective performance, some with undisguised loathing. Propper walks on water for those characters, always a 7 to 9 out of ten, even when he’s out powered and paced for 90 minutes, gifting a crucial pen or opening with errors.

Can't disagree with that.

To be honest Bruno could never do much wrong with me, Stephens too but to a lesser degree, but they are both good players

Propper however, sometimes is a little 'in and out'. At Old Trafford I felt he was shocking, but thought he did well today - all opinions......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here