Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Albion v Brentford

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Igor and Gross the outstanding performers, 8.5 for both. Hinsh gets an 8 for two game deciding contributions (goal lines clearance and the winner)

Everyone else 6’s and 7’s, not to say they were bad, I thought it was just quite a pragmatic ‘got the job done with lots of players out injured’ type of performance. The type of wins that are the difference between European places and mid table.
think he won the ball which started the move for our first goal as well

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Buonanotte seems to be getting the low scores. I thought he did ok. He did a couple of very good runs and no one picked him out and then seem to fade. This has happened in a few games yet he has shown what he can do when given the chance. He covered a lot of ground and won a few tackles which others were not.

Gross gets a high score but his slip up nearly cost us the game, only mention it because others seem to focus on Van Hecke giving away penalty . One we get punished the other we didn't.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Buonanotte seems to be getting the low scores. I thought he did ok. He did a couple of very good runs and no one picked him out and then seem to fade. This has happened in a few games yet he has shown what he can do when given the chance. He covered a lot of ground and won a few tackles which others were not.
I agree. 5 is too low for Buonanotte and a 9 too high for Gross.

I posted on the Facu thread that with Mitoma and Gross frequently attacking the space on the Left and the FBs playing high, he struggled to get involved because he wasn’t being passed the ball. The Bees were sitting in a low, narrow block for much of the time at least until Hinshelwood scored around the 50 minute mark, so it was hard for him to create space to run in to - something he’s usually good at. He was one of the more successful players on the field in terms of tackles I thought.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree. 5 is too low for Buonanotte and a 9 too high for Gross.

I posted on the Facu thread that with Mitoma and Gross frequently attacking the space on the Left and the FBs playing high, he struggled to get involved because he wasn’t being passed the ball. The Bees were sitting in a low, narrow block for much of the time at least until Hinshelwood scored around the 50 minute mark, so it was hard for him to create space to run in to - something he’s usually good at. He was one of the more successful players on the field in terms of tackles I thought.
Agree.. he seemed to be getting stuck in doing his fare share of the work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here