Player hunt on hold

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
Exactly, he didn't say he was being treated badly, just that they weren't getting on. You can't tell me every manager gets on with their players, but the fact that MM still played him goes someway to proving if he thinks you are needed he will use you, grudge or no grudge.

Would you say in being dropped for Frencie Kuipers was treated badly?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Although MM seems to fall out with quite a few players........

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
What evidence would that be then?

None in fact, your usual method of total fabrication.

If you were Dichio, would you go to a League 1 club with no ground like the Albion, or a Championship club with a decent set-up like Plymouth?

Are you capable of an honest answer on that, BW?

My (no, Dick's) point was that we had the money to spend... or are you calling Dick a liar... dodgy ground even for you, LI...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Would you say in being dropped for Frencie Kuipers was treated badly?

I would say unfairly, but not badly. I don't think the decision was right but Kuipers should have accepted that the manager wanted to give another goalkeeper a chance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
IMO he has earned the right over the last 3 seasons to be given a chance this season to rectify last. If we perform as we did last season I will also be calling for his head but will he be accepted as adequate by those that want him out now, if he does have us playing decent football and top half of the table??? We cannot expect better than that, although a promotion season would be great it is unrealistic to demand it.

Play-off's by Christmas or he is out... that would be my guess... Tony Bloom and Chapman ar sharpening their axes as we speak...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Sorry can we stop demanding sources on here, this is a message forum not a newspaper, it is for fans to debate. I don't want people to lie and if you have hard evidence great, but sometimes a hunch or well judged opinion is all people have, as long as they don't try to portray it as fact I'm not bothered.

Well said, Les... LI always asking for evidence... ridiculous...

paddy said:
Brentford are in a much worse financial state than we are.

Who says?

We have just reported annual losses of £1.1m - the last figures I saw for Brentford had losses of about £200,000.

And as old as Griffin Park is, it is far better than Withdean - and at least the Bees own their own proper football ground having eased Ron Noades out of the picture this past season. Development on Griffin Park they can use to fund their new stadium, that option was taken away from us you might remember!

They are looking at a new ground - and as I understand it are spoilt for choice in terms of picking a list of brownfield sites that their council has identified for them.

Yeah, we're much better off than them :rolleyes:

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
I concur - but to be fair maybe they were.

Maybe... but there is little EVIDENCE of that... :lolol: ...

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
London Irish said:
Who says?

We have just reported annual losses of £1.1m - the last figures I saw for Brentford had losses of about £200,000.

And as old as Griffin Park is, it is far better than Withdean - and at least the Bees own their own proper football ground having eased Ron Noades out of the picture this past season. Development on Griffin Park they can use to fund their new stadium, that option was taken away from us you might remember!

They are looking at a new ground - and as I understand it are spoilt for choice in terms of picking a list of brownfield sites that their council has identified for them.

Yeah, we're much better off than them :rolleyes:

I wasn't reffering to annual losses, i was reffering to debt. They are in much more debt that we are.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
B.W. said:
Well said, Les... LI always asking for evidence... ridiculous...

I don't mind people asking for evidence and I think it is better if people clarify things sometimes, but the point of opinions is that sometimes they are based on feelings from the way things have happened or things they have heard that don't necessarily have hard evidence. I think sources and evidence are essential for newspaper reporting but essentially NSC is a group of Brighton fans discussing issues the way they would down the pub. I don't want people to lie or just say outrageous statements and back it up with 'but that’s my opinion' but sometimes people say things that are an educated guess based on the nuances of a number of factors. Its much like judging a players performance, if a striker gets a hat-trick he has clearly played well, however sometimes it is not so obvious so people have to go with their gut feeling from what they have seen.

God I'm boring.

Les Biehn said:
Sorry can we stop demanding sources on here, this is a message forum not a newspaper, it is for fans to debate. I don't want people to lie and if you have hard evidence great, but sometimes a hunch or well judged opinion is all people have, as long as they don't try to portray it as fact I'm not bothered.

Quite right - the unfortunate thing about facts and sources is they have this awful habit of getting in the way of the free expression of one's prejudices.

The campaign for less facts on NSC starts here!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
paddy said:
I wasn't reffering to annual losses, i was reffering to debt. They are in much more debt that we are.

... as are a lot of clubs... and Rotherham are in administration... but, no doubt, they are so much better off than us, as I am sure LI and TLO will poiint out, backed-up by evidence... :)

paddy said:

Are you sure?

They owe Noades a million I think and they owe Barclays a couple of million, but they have the huge asset of Griffin Park to balance that.

We owe loads of people money and have no assets.

How are we better off?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Quite right - the unfortunate thing about facts and sources is they have this awful habit of getting in the way of the free expression of one's prejudices.

And here we have the perfect example of an individual who is unable to interpret anything other than literal evidence and who is totally stumped by or misinterprets underlying meaning.

I have clarified my position for you above if it helps. LI do you not agree that NSC should be a bit of fun as well as an area for sensible debate? People may have agendas but the good thing is people on here are willing to question them, sometimes even in a reasonable manner without getting aggressive or sarcastic.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:

But you have one opinion on MM, others take a contrary view... in the argument, you ask for evidence, when you know full well that the people with the oposite view have no chance of providing it... just like you havce no chance of providing evisdence to support your view... outrageous...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We're 12 million in debt. Dunno how much the others are in debt by but regardless, we aint in a strong position!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Turkey said:
We're 12 million in debt. Dunno how much the others are in debt by but regardless, we aint in a strong position!

... and nor are they...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

Also considering how much you twist what people say (particularly your choice of adjectives and selective quoting) it is clear facts can be distorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports