Votes: 25 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 219 89.8%

• Total voters

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Let's get to mid-table over the second half of the season, and then with a manager in post at the start of the summer close season (unlike the last two summers), we can strengthen the squad during June and July, rather than panic-buying left-overs and sloppy seconds at the end of August!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I voted no.

New Manager, transfer window opening and I don't see why we should settle for the lottery of the play offs. Automatic promotion or nothing.....and then I woke up.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I would say we're in something of a false position granted but we're going to need strengthening across a number of areas before we should be ready to challenge. With the constraints we're under financially that may take some time. I'd take consolidation this season so as to give Hughton the summer to assess and strengthen his squad for a real push next year.

Hey Listen! We'll have none of that logical, sensible, and realistic nonsense on here.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Whether we stay up or not is more down to the board than Hughton. He can only work with what he is given. They failed Hyypia, although clearly he wasn't up to the job. We can only hope Hughton is given the tools to do the job properly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's get to mid-table over the second half of the season, and then with a manager in post at the start of the summer close season (unlike the last two summers), we can strengthen the squad during June and July, rather than panic-buying left-overs and sloppy seconds at the end of August!
This. We've GOT to have a good summer (and the hardest bit will be getting rid of some that we don't want!). I don't expect much in January - probably a loan or two - but I think with Hughton in charge we can pull clear of the relegation scrap - and that is all I'm looking for this season!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
With Hughton's average win rate of 40% we'll be lucky to get 50 points by the end of the season

I really don't get people like you. The name 'Hoddle' has been banded around here by some, a name which I would never want to see attached to my club as the man is a fool, in my view of course. I have said that any manager should be given a bedding in or honeymoon period, even Hoddle would jokingly get 45 minutes from me!

In reality why not get behind the new man and givehim at least half a dozen games before passing judgement?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we win the next 8 or 9 in a row, then perhaps we can start talking about playoffs.

So, no realistic chance.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From the press conference it didnt sound as if there would be many if any permenant signings more like loans in February so no play offs this year.

If the club have now identified several quality loanees to bring in there is still a faint chance of making the play offs

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If we are still in the smelly stuff after 5 games I will hold you personally responsible!

Am I missing something ? I think we're marginally in a false position and think we can make up 8 points in half a season. I hardly think that's unrealistic. Some on here are aiming for 6th or higher

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Let's learn to walk before we think about running.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The problem being the loan window opens after most transfers have finished so 4 in Jan and 5 in Feb less games to get the required points
Half season loans are signed up in the January transfer window, not the loan window.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Whether we stay up or not is more down to the board than Hughton. He can only work with what he is given. They failed Hyypia, although clearly he wasn't up to the job. We can only hope Hughton is given the tools to do the job properly.

Are those the same players, that actually put a shift in against Fulham. We do have some good players, they just need to show some consistency and passion.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Am I missing something ? I think we're marginally in a false position and think we can make up 8 points in half a season. I hardly think that's unrealistic. Some on here are aiming for 6th or higher
we lost at home to Millwall and Fulham can't be ignored but let's see. Mid table would be fantastic. Play offs is just silly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here