Votes: 25 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 219 89.8%

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We would need about 52 points from 23 games so that is 17 wins 1 draw and 4 defeats from a team that has played 23 won 4 drawn 11 and lost 9. I think it is unlikely

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Absolutely not. We need some work in January and Hughton needs to settle in. Think it may not be the immediate change some are predicting, it will take time, but am confident it will be enough to keep us up.

Then, in the summer, we have time to build with the same manager in charge as the previous season for once. We invest in the right players and hopefully manage to make a push for the top half next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS, this thread is a windup.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. The league is too strung out already to have any realistic chance of climbing the table over the next 22 games. I reckon 6th place will need to get 75+ points this season; the good news is that that means that we'll probably only need mid 40s to finish 21st.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Hughton has been tasked with one job only, to keep us in this division. Unless he can bring in a few new faces in January then with the dross left behind by Hyppia it's going to be a hard task indeed.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It is possible, but there are so many variables that would need to go our way.

I will settle for us staying up and having a solid mid table position come theend of the season. Then we can push forward - look at Gus when he took over. A great second half to first season and spectacular first full season playing his way.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Get a good striker in and some decent tactics in place and anything could happen.....

But no, no we wont. At least Millwall, Leeds, Blackpool and Wigan all seem to be as bad as each other at present, one of the main reasons we arent cut adrift.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I reckon you could do it , so it's a yes from me :thumbsup:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It is possible, but there are so many variables that would need to go our way.

I will settle for us staying up and having a solid mid table position come theend of the season. Then we can push forward - look at Gus when he took over. A great second half to first season and spectacular first full season playing his way.
who wouldn't?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think anyone who genuinely thinks there is even a SLIVER of a chance of us making the playoffs this season is on drugs, and should seek urgent professional attention.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The answer is obviously no, but I voted yes on the New Year, new manager, team on a winning streak (of 1). Let's be crazy and say yes!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
New manager, revised managerial structure. Assuming Hughton is given a modest budget in Jan (and spends it), are the Play-Offs a possibility? 17 points off currently. Palace were 19th in 2003 when Dowie took over, and went up via the Play-Off route. We're 21st... :ffsparr: or :albion2:

:jester: or :fishing: or :mad: or just started very early on the New Year's Eve :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here