Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off's can we make them?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
If every team continues picking up points as they have done for the last 10 games the final league table will be:

1. Cardiff 100.8
2. Watford 83
3. Hull 81.8
4. Leicester 80.2
5. Palace 68.5
6. Sheff W 67.5
7. Brighton 67.4
8. Boro 66.2
9. Derby 66
10. Burnley 65.5
11. Blackburn 65.4
12. Forest 63.5
13. Leeds 62.8
14. Birmingham 59
15. Barnsley 58
16. Peterborough 57.2
17. Blackpool 56.5
18. Charlton 56.5
19. Bolton 56.2
20. Millwall 53
21. Ipswich 53
22. Bristol City 50.5
23. Huddersfield 49
24. Wolves 43

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
One lame and undeserved win in which your players cheated (Orlandi dive, El Abd push on wall for goal etc) and you lot are creaming yourselves, even some thinking you can make top 2, you couldn't make it up! Of course you think (hope more like it) that you can replace us in the top 6, the sheer thought of you missing out and us making it feels you with dread if we are honest, especially given yours and our pre-season expectations. I think you have a slim chance at top 6 but you still realistically need 9 wins from 16, that's bloody tough.

In regards to all this crap about our 'poor' run of form, we are still averaging 1.5 points a game under Ollie. To compare his results to Dougie is ludicrous as Freedman had a freakish run where we won 8 in a row.

Our home form will be enough to get us into the playoffs IMO, since our opening day defeat to Watford we have played 15 at Selhurst, won 9, drawn 6 and lost 0. With key players very shortly set to return from injury, if we can consistently get the away form right (and anyone that saw the Watford game Friday will admit we were very good) then we have a real chance of getting top 2.

LOOOL- How gullable are you pal??? !!!!!!!????

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
If every team continues picking up points as they have done for the last 10 games the final league table will be:

1. Cardiff 100.8
2. Watford 83
3. Hull 81.8
4. Leicester 80.2
5. Palace 68.5
6. Sheff W 67.5
7. Brighton 67.4
8. Boro 66.2
9. Derby 66
10. Burnley 65.5
11. Blackburn 65.4
12. Forest 63.5
13. Leeds 62.8
14. Birmingham 59
15. Barnsley 58
16. Peterborough 57.2
17. Blackpool 56.5
18. Charlton 56.5
19. Bolton 56.2
20. Millwall 53
21. Ipswich 53
22. Bristol City 50.5
23. Huddersfield 49
24. Wolves 43

But it's so unlikely for the 10 games played to be exactly the same... What a pointless stat.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On Tuesday, a VICTORY OVER BLACKBURN, and if LEEDS BEAT MIDDLESBOUGH ( or draw) , WE ARE IN A PLAYOFF POSITION AGAIN.

Let's not throw it away.

:albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :rock:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
But it's so unlikely for the 10 games played to be exactly the same... What a pointless stat.

It's not pointless at all. Gives an indication of form and highlights how we're well and truly 'in the mixer'. If a couple of the teams above us carry on sliding and we find any kind of form we could do this.
Don't see why we can't win our next 3 home games, and if we can get a point at Cardiff we'll be well placed.
'If' we can get 9 points out of the next 4 AND get results against 'Boro and Palace then we'll do it, i'm sure.
Let's just hope a couple of our players find a rich vein of form (a match fit Upson, and a fit Vicente and Buckley would make a HUGE difference).
Tuesday night is a huge moment.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It's not pointless at all. Gives an indication of form and highlights how we're well and truly 'in the mixer'. If a couple of the teams above us carry on sliding and we find any kind of form we could do this.
Don't see why we can't win our next 3 home games, and if we can get a point at Cardiff we'll be well placed.
'If' we can get 9 points out of the next 4 AND get results against 'Boro and Palace then we'll do it, i'm sure.
Let's just hope a couple of our players find a rich vein of form (a match fit Upson, and a fit Vicente and Buckley would make a HUGE difference).
Tuesday night is a huge moment.

Rhodes hat-trick it is then (would be hilarious :moo:)

On Tuesday, a VICTORY OVER BLACKBURN, and if LEEDS BEAT MIDDLESBOUGH ( or draw) , WE ARE IN A PLAYOFF POSITION AGAIN.
Indeed. And all we have to do from then is to play no worse than the sides below us.

Forget any final target. Forget the teams above us. Just concentrate on being at least as good as the pack we will have just overhauled.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Everyone's worried about whether we'll reach them.

I think we'll be in the mix and once we go on a little run inside the play offs, second place won't be far off!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can see Boro drawing against Leeds and us beating Blackburn to get into the top 6.

Shame we are not playing on saturday to back this up.

As someone mentioned, its currently in our hands for the first time in a few weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Can see Boro drawing against Leeds and us beating Blackburn to get into the top 6.

Shame we are not playing on saturday to back this up.

As someone mentioned, its currently in our hands for the first time in a few weeks

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No. Of course we can't

There is absolutely NO WAY we can make up TWO WHOLE POINTS in JUST 16 league games. That would take a miracle like us WINNING a game and boro DRAWING. I mean, when was the last time THAT happened?!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Brighton v Blackburn
Cardiff v Brighton
Brighton v Burnley
Brighton v Huddersfield
Bristol City v Brighton
Bolton v Brighton
Barnsley v Brighton
Brighton v Crystal Palace
Nottm Forest v Brighton
Brighton v Charlton
Brighton v Leicester
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Peterborough v Brighton
Brighton v Blackpool
Leeds United v Brighton
Brighton v Wolves

72 points.
I reckon that'll be enough for 7th, possibly 6th as this year is tighter than ever.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Brighton v Blackburn
Cardiff v Brighton
Brighton v Burnley
Brighton v Huddersfield
Bristol City v Brighton
Bolton v Brighton
Barnsley v Brighton
Brighton v Crystal Palace
Nottm Forest v Brighton
Brighton v Charlton
Brighton v Leicester
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Peterborough v Brighton
Brighton v Blackpool
Leeds United v Brighton
Brighton v Wolves

72 points.
I reckon that'll be enough for 7th, possibly 6th as this year is tighter than ever.

Looks fair enough, Can also see you lot getting a point out of the Forest away and Leicester home games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One lame and undeserved win in which your players cheated (Orlandi dive, El Abd push on wall for goal etc)
Orlandi definitely didn't dive. El Abd did use his body to push the wall, but some pushing always happens. Some you get some you don't, so we had some fortune. But for a Palace fan to label us cheats is laughable. Palace have got away with cheating in so many games this year, but you ignore all that.

and you lot are creaming yourselves, even some thinking you can make top 2, you couldn't make it up!
But you just did make it up. Read the posts in this thread, we're hoping we make 6th place, which seems fair enough.

No. Of course we can't

There is absolutely NO WAY we can make up TWO WHOLE POINTS in JUST 16 league games. That would take a miracle like us WINNING a game and boro DRAWING. I mean, when was the last time THAT happened?!
This. Bloody dreamers.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Funnily enough it's not the bigger teams that concern me as much. Home form is going to be the key, but Bristol City, Barnsley and Peterboro away are all games we must take something from. Six points from them three games, I think hold the hopes of our play off ambitions.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
One thing I will say, that final run of games looks a lot nicer than last season, if we can nick 3 points from Leicester or Middlesbrough, there's no reason to think we should go anywhere but upwards from then on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here