Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off's can we make them?

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
And they are still in a great position after a terrible couple of months.

FWIW, I feel another good run is coming from us .

I think that team may struggle to make the play offs with their form, Brighton and Blackburn to take 5th and 6th spot

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Middlesboro have lost five in a row, Palace have had a bad run but have 4 out of the next 6 at home, where they have an excellent record. Millwall have one win in 8.

On the down side the sides we are due to play shortly are all above us in the recent form table. Blackburn 5th, Cardiff 1st and Burnley 7th

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
I know we've been inconsistent but just imagine if we do pull a decent run together, all of a sudden we catch up the group of teams currently on 52/53 points - never mind the play-offs because then we're in with a shout of automatic promotion - surely not? calm down, calm down, we'll probably go on a dreadful run and scrape mid table...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And they are still in a great position after a terrible couple of months.

FWIW, I feel another good run is coming from us .

If you keep FFS fit then you should have a good chance. No one else in your team has scored more than five goals though.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
this is the team that will get us promoted

>>>>>>Koosh<<<<<<<<<
Bruno Upson El Abd Bridge
David Bridcutt Vicente Orlandi
>>>>>>Buckley<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>Ulloa<<<<<<<<<<

Subs
Lua lua
barnes
cms
hoskins
dicker
calderon
hammond
Ankergren

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Middlesboro have lost five in a row, Palace have had a bad run but have 4 out of the next 6 at home, where they have an excellent record. Millwall have one win in 8.

On the down side the sides we are due to play shortly are all above us in the recent form table. Blackburn 5th, Cardiff 1st and Burnley 7th
If we can beat Blackburn and burnley, I would be happy with anything from Cardiff (couple off noone all goals would be nice) :D

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
We need to win 10 games to get to 75 points.
Where will we get the 30 points from???

Brighton v Blackburn W

Cardiff v Brighton D/L

Brighton v Burnley W

Brighton v Huddersfield W

Bristol City v Brighton W

Bolton v Brighton W/D

Barnsley v Brighton W

Brighton v Crystal Palace W/D

Nottm Forest v Brighton D/L

Brighton v Charlton W

Brighton v Leicester W/D

Middlesbrough v Brighton D/L

Peterborough v Brighton W

Brighton v Blackpool W

Leeds United v Brighton D

Brighton v Wolves. W

I see no reason why we couldn't do that.

We get those 9 wins I've chosen and pick up 3 points elsewhere we will do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I enjoy the inconsistencies in the Championship as you never know what's going to happen. Who would have predicted yesterdays results for the top 10 teams? It makes for a more exciting season than getting beaten week after week in the Prem or hanging on for 1-0 wins at best.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If you keep FFS fit then you should have a good chance. No one else in your team has scored more than five goals though.

He's been fit all season, so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem.
Glenn has been the main man for us this season, but if you go through history, not many teams with a goalscorer getting 20 plus goals in a season, will have another player in that squad getting near double figures.
I'm happy for it to continue till the end of the season.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think that team may struggle to make the play offs with their form, Brighton and Blackburn to take 5th and 6th spot

One lame and undeserved win in which your players cheated (Orlandi dive, El Abd push on wall for goal etc) and you lot are creaming yourselves, even some thinking you can make top 2, you couldn't make it up! Of course you think (hope more like it) that you can replace us in the top 6, the sheer thought of you missing out and us making it feels you with dread if we are honest, especially given yours and our pre-season expectations. I think you have a slim chance at top 6 but you still realistically need 9 wins from 16, that's bloody tough.

In regards to all this crap about our 'poor' run of form, we are still averaging 1.5 points a game under Ollie. To compare his results to Dougie is ludicrous as Freedman had a freakish run where we won 8 in a row.

Our home form will be enough to get us into the playoffs IMO, since our opening day defeat to Watford we have played 15 at Selhurst, won 9, drawn 6 and lost 0. With key players very shortly set to return from injury, if we can consistently get the away form right (and anyone that saw the Watford game Friday will admit we were very good) then we have a real chance of getting top 2.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
One lame and undeserved win in which your players cheated (Orlandi dive, El Abd push on wall for goal etc) and you lot are creaming yourselves, even some thinking you can make top 2, you couldn't make it up! Of course you think (hope more like it) that you can replace us in the top 6, the sheer thought of you missing out and us making it feels you with dread if we are honest, especially given yours and our pre-season expectations. I think you have a slim chance at top 6 but you still realistically need 9 wins from 16, that's bloody tough.

In regards to all this crap about our 'poor' run of form, we are still averaging 1.5 points a game under Ollie. To compare his results to Dougie is ludicrous as Freedman had a freakish run where we won 8 in a row.

Our home form will be enough to get us into the playoffs IMO, since our opening day defeat to Watford we have played 15 at Selhurst, won 9, drawn 6 and lost 0. With key players very shortly set to return from injury, if we can consistently get the away form right (and anyone that saw the Watford game Friday will admit we were very good) then we have a real chance of getting top 2.

"Creaming ourselves" no I was just asking a question whether we can get 30 points from our remaining games.
Yes your home form has been good so far this season but it does not mean it will continue does it!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
With boros poor form that is the spot we need to be chasing down and making our own. Think our best hope is that last playoff spot then its a lottery. As for palace can't see them in auto spots but they should have enough to cement playoff spot

Now wouldn't that be something to end the season with certainly not for the faint hearted!!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Predictable as it sounds we need to worry less about other teams and more about our own performance. The fact is if we win and continue to win matches then we will be in a play off place. Its about time we put three or four goals past a team at home and won comfortably- I cant see that happening Tuesday but maybe against Burnley.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
We need to win 10 games to get to 75 points.
Where will we get the 30 points from???

I don't think we'll need 75 points. Palace have taken 11 points from their last 10 games and Boro have taken 12 points from their last 10 games. 70 points might be enough. If we continue our current form (based on the last 10 games) we'd get 67 points. I think we've got a real chance.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We have a great chance.

Our next 2 home games are massive though. We need to be beating Blackburn and Burnley if we are going to make the play offs.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
We have a great chance.

Our next 2 home games are massive though. We need to be beating Blackburn and Burnley if we are going to make the play offs.

I think we could get a point at Cardiff we our defence being what it is now. That would be seven from three games.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I enjoy the inconsistencies in the Championship as you never know what's going to happen. Who would have predicted yesterdays results for the top 10 teams? It makes for a more exciting season than getting beaten week after week in the Prem or hanging on for 1-0 wins at best.

whilst its likely that we would take time to find our feet in the prem, id much rather be there than the championship. Any day of the week....!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here