Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off tickets if away leg first

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

That was for a home game and they had a few days.

Whoever plays away on the Thursday will have one working day to post tickets out if they are to arrive the day before the game (assuming for a lot of people tickets arriving on the day of the match is no good as they will be working or have left for the match when the post arrives). Even that only works if delivery is next day.

If we get a result on Saturday and are confirmed in the play offs, then there is no reason why the club cannot sell say 2000 tickets, even though we won't know the opponent.

If we have an opponent where more are available, then we would get on the case right away.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we get a result on Saturday and are confirmed in the play offs, then there is no reason why the club cannot sell say 2000 tickets, even though we won't know the opponent.

If we have an opponent where more are available, then we would get on the case right away.

Dont think that would work. I would go to Watford , Palace , Forest but wouldnt go to Bolton or Leicester.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea

Even though they don't know who the opponents are, when they are playing or when it will be. I think there are three reasons. Do you think that the same people will go to Bolton away as Palace away?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Only away game I wouldn't do would be Palace, hoping it's either Bolton or Forest

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, but some people will and it will give the ticket office some extra time.

It just couldn't happen...

1. The club won't have physical tickets in hand. They won't want to serve the same customers twice - once to take payment and then a few days later to distribute tickets.
2. The club may not know the price of the tickets.
3. The club won't know the 'shape' of the tickets thus, for example, being able to ensure that a Dad with 2 kids are given adjoining seats.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
No, I think he meant Scramble, the great arcade game of the 1980's!!

To confirm, I meant 'scramble' as in 'a bundle'. However a head to head on the 'Scramble' arcade game would be quality. I think it was manufactured by Grandstand.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
grandstand-scramble.jpg

Here it is

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Our Away average this season is 1,355. It would be nice to take that amount at least if it was Bolton.

Jan 30, 2008
Given that fixtures won't be known until Saturday evening at the earliest, Monday is a bank holiday, and the first game is on the following Thursday, how on earth are they going to sell and post out tickets in time?
FIRST COME FIRST SERVED IN PERSON AT THE TICKET OFFICE , that way we can weedle out the bobble hatters /liz costa's of the world .
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here