Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final Plastics.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Not long ago this time last Monday this was being said

Wow that is an incredible sight I'm really shocked Brighton fans are leaving at the end of the day surely they should be staying behind for the end of the game while there team stay on the pitch!

You have some decent posters on this site but the O/P is a total wind up, I don't think anyone is going to care how many of the 33,000 have been to selhurst this year, because whatever happens we are going to have a f%$king great day!!!

Not if you get spanked.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Not if you get spanked.

To be fair and I promise I mean this, I don't think it would. I really did not even expect to beat you so the day for me is just a complete bonus. Of course I would love to win, but as crazy as this sounds I think I would feel worse if we lost to you in the semis.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Not if you get spanked.

If that were to happen then so be it. But we would still live safe in the knowledge that we ended your season by humiliating you on your own patch in the biggest game ever between the 2 teams, live on Sky and contributed to the worst week in living memory for your club. Your downfall has started and we've played a part in it.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
If that were to happen then so be it. But we would still live safe in the knowledge that we ended your season by humiliating you on your own patch in the biggest game ever between the 2 teams, live on Sky and contributed to the worst week in living memory for your club. Your downfall has started and we've played a part in it.

Ah, a 'downfall'. When you've been 12 points adrift at the bottom of the whole football league, you know what that word really means. Through thick and thin. Bloody LOVE the Albion.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Ah, a 'downfall'. When you've been 12 points adrift at the bottom of the whole football league, you know what that word really means. Through thick and thin. Bloody LOVE the Albion.

Respect to you Sir, you're obviously a long-term fan. Unfortunatley 80% of your current fanbase is a JCL or a plastic and it was them that I was referring to.

Feb 14, 2010
Fair play, as much as I hate your club that stament puts it all into perspective.

Keep telling yourself that and you might start to believe it. By the way were you a part of the 4000 crowds in the 80s when Palace were in the 2d div (now championship) or the 14000 when you were 3rd in the top flight or in the 14000 against Millwall this year (with 3000 Millwall at least) or are you a plastic palace wembley day tripper?

Feb 14, 2010
Keep telling yourself that and you might start to believe it. By the way were you a part of the 4000 crowds in the 80s when Palace were in the 2d div (now championship) or the 14000 when you were 3rd in the top flight or in the 14000 against Millwall this year (with 3000 Millwall at least) or are you a plastic palace wembley day tripper?

Er that was for 5-0 .. back to IT school for me

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London

If you read what I said in that post I was agreeing with him, I have watched Palace for 25 years and have seen a lot of crap in that time. I really could not give a f uck about your obsession with attendances.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013

Erm, it was 16k against Millwall this season. Not that it matters anyway. If attendance is such an important factor, tell me why your club is losing more money than our meagre supported team, and why your thousands of die-hard fans didn't sing you all the way to Wembley? Face it, it's all you've got (apart from the Amex) and it ain't worth the shit on a shower room floor as it is - and will be proven to be - transient.

Feb 14, 2010
:facepalm: I wouldn't expect you plastic SKY Palace fans to know much about football outside of the Premiership, but REALLY?!

Amazing isn't it. 5-0 probably doesnt have a clue that this club went through Brighton v York, a loss of a ground, Hereford, moving to Gillingham and playing at Withdean but this fella really thinks that this week is the worst week in our history. 5-0, it doesn't even register, but as you lot think 150 teenagers getting laughed out the city amounts to a demonstration then I suppose we cant expect much more.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I'm not going to mock clubs for how many they take to Wembley, or the 'quality' of their supporters because they actually managed to get there in the first place.

Does anyone honestly think that attendances really matter that much? I can't imagine that the winners of the final will give even the smallest toss about their average attendance, nor should they, they'll (hopefully Watford) be celebrating something that matters.

Very well said.

No points are awarded in the league for highest average attendance

Feb 14, 2010
Erm, it was 16k against Millwall this season. Not that it matters anyway. If attendance is such an important factor, tell me why your club is losing more money than our meagre supported team, and why your thousands of die-hard fans didn't sing you all the way to Wembley? Face it, it's all you've got (apart from the Amex) and it ain't worth the shit on a shower room floor as it is - and will be proven to be - transient.

We also have a major trophy in our history. We are losing more money because Palace have (again) started from £0 after being insolvent. Brighton have just moved to a multi £ million ground and are in the process of working through those costs. As for "singing your way to victory" well mate when you have watched football long enough you realise it doesnt work like that, just ask the scousers about the FA Cup final against Wimbledon

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
We also have a major trophy in our history. We are losing more money because Palace have (again) started from £0 after being insolvent. Brighton have just moved to a multi £ million ground and are in the process of working through those costs. As for "singing your way to victory" well mate when you have watched football long enough you realise it doesnt work like that, just ask the scousers about the FA Cup final against Wimbledon

I know it doesn't work like that, that's the point I was making. Your extra attendance makes no difference (and has made no difference), so stop harping on about it.

Going into admin is no laughing matter, but the sums owed by the club and its sole owner (like Uncle Tone) are tiny in comparison. Be careful what you mock.

Feb 14, 2010
I know it doesn't work like that, that's the point I was making. Your extra attendance makes no difference (and has made no difference), so stop harping on about it.

Going into admin is no laughing matter, but the sums owed by the club and its sole owner (like Uncle Tone) are tiny in comparison. Be careful what you mock.

Mate, Brighton Mr Bloom has borrowed nothing, not a penny. He has paid for the ground and training ground. He then converts that debt into shares when he sees fit. Its not a debt to third parties and nobody but nobody is left out of pocket. Attendances do matter. There is a reason why nowadays its the better supported clubs who will settle higher up the pyramid, especially when Financial Fair Play comes in to stop you lot pulling the same trick on another set of creditors.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

I can only assume you are referring to the Charity Shield?? Yes mate, that's a major trophy isn't it :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here