Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off Final .... Nightmare in the air!!!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I say go, enjoy your holiday and hope the match is on fox sports or whatever they call it over there. Hopefully, when you get back, we'll be in the big boys league

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sorry to hear that chum.....but when will people learn not to book holidays until June at the earliest...there are no weddings, funerals,holidays,till then...

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Golden rule in football: NEVER book non-football related events in May. The thought of your team being in a fin that you can go to but can't is unbearable!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shirley "the richrest game in the world" will be knocking about live somewhere on ESPN Disney Fox's Glacier Mint sports network brought to you exclusively by Gatorade ?

Or something.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Funnily enough i've spent this week looking to change flts. This went down like a sack of shit with the wife of course!

Anyway its like £950 to fly us all out the next day plus lose a days hols :(
Why don't just yu go out on a later flight?
Only flight of the day!
He means instead of having the whole family fly the next day, let them catch their flight and you go the next day.
Is it an inconvenience to your family - yes it is. Would it be a sacrifice worth making - well der. Given that you're quite a serious fan, the prospect of missing the final is unthinkable. Obviously this might irrelevant, but you'll know a week Monday.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Not the answer, but for those families going away for whitsund week, the timing couldn't be worse.

I'm delaying a decision on a UK based holiday, because of this.

An added incentive, is we want to go to the new Wembley for the first time.

Was taking mrs Blue2 away to Paris all booked then found we might be playing so that is now canceled and hopefully Wembley here we come, Mrs Blue2 is the understanding sort

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
It'll be live on beinSPORT over here (well, 99.9% sure), and they usually replay live matches later in the day. Failing that, look for English/sports bars wherever you're going. The ones around Seattle usually record games and play them later in the day (and will do random other games if you ask), so find a bar near you and ask them nicely.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Where you flying in to.....That would be well worth paying a taxi driver to hold up the score as you come through arrivals.......Still may not even make it yet.....

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Im going to look into skygo thanks.

Unfortunately we arrive just after the game will be finished so cant even hope it'll be shown in the hotel. Nightmare!

If Sky do show replays it may be best for you to set it all up on you pc and log into skygo to make sure it all works with the VPN switched on and then get your wife to check when it is on whilst you go outside to avoid seeing or hearing anything. Once you know the time you can log back in and enjoy

Fingers crossed that your dilemna comes to pass and we make it to Wembley

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't understand how any football fan could hear the words 'holiday' and 'May' in the same sentence and not go "woooaaahh hang on a second, I need to check some dates before you book anything".

I realise this is no help whatsoever for your problem.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Funnily enough i've spent this week looking to change flts. This went down like a sack of shit with the wife of course!

Anyway its like £950 to fly us all out the next day plus lose a days hols :(

You can't take it with you...
If we get to the final rebook, if you have funds for a US trip you can afford it...your wife booking a flight for a Bank Holiday Monday (why not sat or sun) with a return losing a monday nights sleep and eating well into a working week cannot be blame free!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He means instead of having the whole family fly the next day, let them catch their flight and you go the next day.
Is it an inconvenience to your family - yes it is. Would it be a sacrifice worth making - well der. Given that you're quite a serious fan, the prospect of missing the final is unthinkable. Obviously this might irrelevant, but you'll know a week Monday.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Options

1: Accidently lose your passport, unless your wife is like mine and has it under lock and key "somewhere safe"

2: Fain a heart attack and watch from the comfort of a hospital bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here