Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
some people seem to want to give up going to a fairly important match because the might need to carry a driivng licence..

there are some real gob shites hiding behind keyboards again.....chances are they will all purchase a ticket (if possible ) and go...

Boycott if YOU want that will leave more tickets for other Season Ticket holders

Gob shites? I'd tell you to go to hell but I see from your username you're already there.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
My harmless Mrs has come to every game this season using my mates season ticket as he is off traveling. I now have to tell her she can't come to one of our biggest games ever because the police want everyone to have ID that matches the ticket.

They are NOT ID checking everyone on the gate.......it will be random or if u cause problems... u have risked using a ticket that is not yours all seaon so what is the problem now? ( you could have been refused entry at the AMEX )

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You have to have photo ID to get music festivals nowadays, I can't really see what the fuss is about. Unless it's just that the one's complaining don't have enough loyalty points that's their real issue

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
My harmless Mrs has come to every game this season using my mates season ticket as he is off traveling. I now have to tell her she can't come to one of our biggest games ever because the police want everyone to have ID that matches the ticket.

I would risk taking her, they can't check everyone surely?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As a Palace fan I think its a joke what the police are doing to you here :(

I hope we dont have a similar system, but fear it will be. (At least most of us will have to not witness you annihilate us)

After the Holmesdale Fanatics coach going to Blackburn was stopped by OB after a tip off and they found a large quantity of booze , a knife , flares and 2 fans in possession of coke I think the restrictions on Palace fans will be the same.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
They are NOT ID checking everyone on the gate.......it will be random or if u cause problems... u have risked using a ticket that is not yours all seaon so what is the problem now? ( you could have been refused entry at the AMEX )

Clearly because, if she gets caught then she gets banned for a year, and so does his mate. Think about it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely pathetic capitulation by the clubs for a pathetic over-reaction by the Police. This is specifically designed with maximum hassle factor in mind to deter people from going - even those of us meeting the necessary requirements.

I have no doubt that in my lifetime there will come a time when away fans are banned from away games at derby matches.

Dorans, Hebberd, Balkham - you're a disgrace. Just another three nails in the coffin of English football.

Spot on :clap2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Do you know this for sure or are you just guessing? And I can see a massive flaw in that argument of random checking. Say I take a risk and get a mate a ticket and he risks travelling without ID. He doesn't get checked but later gets nicked for causing trouble but he's already chucked away the ticket. What then? Isn't that exactly the same as if he'd been caught under the rules that existed in December?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
After the Holmesdale Fanatics coach going to Blackburn was stopped by OB after a tip off and they found a large quantity of booze , a knife , flares and 2 fans in possession of coke I think the restrictions on Palace fans will be the same.

Well, they do get their clothes from charity shops

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You have to have photo ID to get music festivals nowadays, I can't really see what the fuss is about. Unless it's just that the one's complaining don't have enough loyalty points that's their real issue

1330 points here. The points are not an issue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I disagree. It's specifically designed to ensure that a) tickets are allocated to those with more loyalty points, and b) the named ticket holder is the one who actually attends, thus reducing the risk of fisticuffs/silliness/hullaballoo.

As simple as that n’est pas?
This bit clearly isn't true, otherwise the conditions would be imposed regardless of the opposition.

Ah, the old 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' argument. I despair, I really do. As I've just said, the current measures are clearly adequate why the need for this Orwellian turn of events?

And why do Arsenal v Spurs, Derby v Forest, Leeds v Sheff weds etc etc etc not need this ridiculous extra security?
Leeds - Sheff Wed got quite bad this year - I suspect there will be draconian measures next season for that one.

I don't disagree that it has gone too far, but shouldn't you be venting your spleen equally at the complete tools who don't know how to behave themselves at a match? Their behaviour at the beginning of the season has given the authorities the excuse they need to impose this.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
These measures are to make sure the person buying the ticket is the one going... that makes sense to me. It's a bit strict, but it's a Friday night derby game. When (if) it comes to it, I expect they'll actually ID one in 20 people, and inconvenience those people for about 10 seconds each. When you buy a ticket you already consent that you're the one going, I don't see any difference between this and them saying "we're going to be IDing everyone who wants to buy a beer". For someone's 50th birthday that would seem OTT, for a club in west street, it's to be expected.

As for the loyalty points. I guess they've had a look at the system, and found that 1,260 loyalty points is the cut-off between the top 2000 fans and the rest. Ideally the club would ring each fan in order of decreasing loyalty points, but that's not practical.

How much hassle is it in reality to carry your ID in your wallet.

some people seem to want to give up going to a fairly important match because the might need to carry a driivng licence..

there are some real gob shites hiding behind keyboards again.....chances are they will all purchase a ticket (if possible ) and go...

Boycott if YOU want that will leave more tickets for other Season Ticket holders

Some of us do not drive. Why should I have to carry my passport to visit Croydon's slums? It is not law that you have to carry id in this country, it is (or should be) that simple. The Met have totally over reacted, again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes there are other derby games that don't have these additional security measures imposed, and no we haven't had these added restrictions imposed before, but if it Palace in the Playoffs then the stakes are going to be absolutely HUGE, and emotions on both sides are going to be running to the maximum. Its a unique set of circumstances, a high profile winner-takes-all clash, and you can absolutely guarantee it would attract the knuckle-dragging NUMBSKULLS out in their droves for some "bovva".

So if you're not buying for someone else or with the intention of flogging it on for x amount of the face value, and you're not a certified twunt, then I fail to see what the problem is (other than the fact that the paucity of the allocation means I've probably got no chance of going, mind).

Jimmy Grimble

Similar scenario with a mate of mine. He uses a friend's season ticket (who doesn't go to away games) to purchase away tickets because he hasn't got a s/t himself. Been to several away games this year but now won't be able go to the biggest one of the season.

Modern football is shit.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This bit clearly isn't true, otherwise the conditions would be imposed regardless of the opposition.

To clarify, I mean that the first bit applies regardless of who we play, and the second applies to Palace. So I agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here