Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plane crash in Egypt

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's Sharm El Sheikh crossed off the holiday list, along with Tunisia, Greek Islands, Turkey, Cyprus, Malta.

The UK is at it's highest terrorist alert; you shouldn't bother going there either.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's Sharm El Sheikh crossed off the holiday list, along with Tunisia, Greek Islands, Turkey, Cyprus, Malta.

There's a good caravan site in Selsey for people like you.

I've already booked up for Turkey again next year and can't wait. I was there when Tunisia was attacked. Did it worry me? No chance in hell.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It is always a possibility that this was a terrorist reprisal for the russian bombing campaign, but surely a bomb on board rather than a missile. So not surprising ISIS are claiming responsibility.

But, really, it is most likely mechanical failure, surely.
i took 3 1 litre bottles of water through security at sharm airport last year, so its possible as security isnt that tight.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The UK is at it's highest terrorist alert; you shouldn't bother going there either.
Hmmm, what are the odds like, relatively small town in an islamic country or the uk with a far larger area and not islamic(yet) ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a good caravan site in Selsey for people like you.

I've already booked up for Turkey again next year and can't wait. I was there when Tunisia was attacked. Did it worry me? No chance in hell.

Well done St. Spence. Have a medal and pat your self on the back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is starting to look like aircraft maintenance issues are the most likely cause of the crash if various reports about engine problems on the aircraft that crashed over the last couple of weeks are to be believed.

You miss the point. Islamic State have said they did it, even though that's unlikely. It's probably given them food for thought for the future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmmm, what are the odds like, relatively small town in an islamic country or the uk with a far larger area and not islamic(yet) ?

I'd say the UK is at risk at least as much as some of the places in Pavillionaire's list e.g. Malta.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'd say the UK is at risk at least as much as some of the places in Pavillionaire's list e.g. Malta.
****sigh**** let me simplify it for you then , Where do you think the odds are smaller of being caught in a terrorist incident, in Britain or Malta ? bearing in mind if you were in Malta you would be one of 445,000 in 316 sq km , in the uk you'd be one of 60 odd million in 242,000 sq km , and in Malta you'd be a tourist and they'd specifically target tourists and the tourist areas.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
****sigh**** let me simplify it for you then , Where do you think the odds are smaller of being caught in a terrorist incident, in Britain or Malta ? bearing in mind if you were in Malta you would be one of 445,000 in 316 sq km , in the uk you'd be one of 60 odd million in 242,000 sq km , and in Malta you'd be a tourist and they'd specifically target tourists and the tourist areas.

That must be known as Malteaser.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But you need to factor in the expectation/likelihood of an actual terrorist act as well. You might be a lot more exposed in say Malta, but if the likelihood is less then you may well be safer. You'd be very exposed in say the Antarctic....but very safe I'd suggest.

Anyway, this is detracting from my point which is I wouldn't stop going somewhere due to a random act of terrorism.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Scary as it all is, the odds of actually being caught up in something like this, wherever it is, are tiny. Can't live life worrying about these things otherwise you'd never leave the house. I fly somewhere at least once a month, I am in London 2-3 days a week and use the underground........was in NYC on 9/11, and London on 7/7. Saw an interesting stat about 9/11 at the time - at the time the first plane hit the WTC, there were over 3,000 planes in the air - over North America alone (or something like that - can't be arsed to look it up again)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
But you need to factor in the expectation/likelihood of an actual terrorist act as well. You might be a lot more exposed in say Malta, but if the likelihood is less then you may well be safer. You'd be very exposed in say the Antarctic....but very safe I'd suggest.

Anyway, this is detracting from my point which is I wouldn't stop going somewhere due to a random act of terrorism.
Random ?? :facepalm:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I have often wondered if you have any children ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here