Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL matches 22/2 - 24/2

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A ref is never going to overturn a VAR decision. The repercussions would be immense and you will get the conspiracy theories
So much for the promoters of VAR's mantra, 'The on-field ref. is ultimately in charge', eh. Clearly they aren't - the VAR ref is.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It can and does - VAR invariably does have the final say. I've yet to see a ref turn round after a VAR decision and say, 'No, I'm not having that; my decision stands'.

Just because refs haven’t had the guts to refuse VAR advice doesn’t mean that they don’t have the right to do so.

“If the evidence provided to the VAR by the broadcast footage does not accord with what the referee believes he has seen, then the VAR can recommend an overturn.

The final decision will remain with the on-field referee.“

https://www.premierleague.com/VAR/penalty-decisions-explained

We need referees who don’t just blindly accept what VAR tell them but have confidence in their own decisions and go and have a look at the screen.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why do people get upset about the VAR making a call, but no issue with the linos making calls?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just because refs haven’t had the guts to refuse VAR advice doesn’t mean that they don’t have the right to do so.

“If the evidence provided to the VAR by the broadcast footage does not accord with what the referee believes he has seen, then the VAR can recommend an overturn.

The final decision will remain with the on-field referee.“

https://www.premierleague.com/VAR/penalty-decisions-explained

We need referees who don’t just blindly accept what VAR tell them but have confidence in their own decisions and go and have a look at the screen.

Yeah.. or just get rid of the shit entirely.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nice goal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These draws we are getting starting to look very positive in the table

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here