Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pittman

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
They mentioned on the football league show that Peterborough had a bid turned down for him, then he went and scored a hat-trick against them.

I thought i had heard that they had offered 500k for him, could be wrong, but if that is right then Blackpools bid is well low. I would actually say he is worth 750k minimum and i would love to think we could sign him but maybe that figure is out of our reach, who knows.

Bournemouth are pretty strapped for cash and may have to accept a bid even from a team in the same division, so if it is within our means then i think he is exactly who we should be looking for.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I would tell Blackpool to f*** off at that price. With the amount of money they are making from the Premiership it seems unreasonale to attempt to build your squad (even if they are preparing for the Championship next season) at prices like that. They're spending the money on stuff like the stadium and securing the club financially, which is fine - but you can't have it both ways and expect other clubs to still treat you as if you have no money!

I would tell Blackpool to f*** off at that price. With the amount of money they are making from the Premiership it seems unreasonale to attempt to build your squad (even if they are preparing for the Championship next season) at prices like that. They're spending the money on stuff like the stadium and securing the club financially, which is fine - but you can't have it both ways and expect other clubs to still treat you as if you have no money!

we are doing that in some ways too. Spending 95 million pounds on a stadium and then not spending much on transfers. I think though it will change alot once we are at falmer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I suspect they will. I also suspect a deal will be reached and it'll be around the £1m mark, rising with appearance fees.

It's great for everyone really. Bournemouth need the money and Pittman gets a season at the highest level. It would be great to think a striker like Pittman who has only played lower league football could cut it at the highest level.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Yeah i guess so. Still SO miffed as to why we are struggling to get anyone, but i reckon players are as fickle as fans, once we are at the AMEX, people will come knocking

Players aren't fickle - it's their livelihood. Why come to Brighton in League One if you think you can go higher? A shiny new stadium in a year's time will not be high on a player's wish list. Wages will be top of the list followed by status of the club.

At the moment we are a third-tier club which has struggled against relegation in the last two seasons. Great potential, perhaps, but that's as yet unproven and unfulfilled.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Maybe we should lodge a bid for him now, Blackpools bid got blocked.

Apparantly there were 20 scouts at Dean Court on saturday watching Pitman, So even if we were to lodge a bid, big enough to get accepted which is unlikely, Pitman would probably want to hold out for Blackpool or at least a Championship team unfortunately.

Albion have probably missed the boat on this one, quite annoying when everyone on here was raving about him over a year ago :mad:

Apparantly there were 20 scouts at Dean Court on saturday watching Pitman, So even if we were to lodge a bid, big enough to get accepted which is unlikely, Pitman would probably want to hold out for Blackpool or at least a Championship team unfortunately.

Albion have probably missed the boat on this one, quite annoying when everyone on here was raving about him over a year ago :mad:

This was my point, we could of had him a long time ago when Bournemouth were really in the mire for probably about 4-5 hundred grand, got no chance now everyone is on his tail. Mind you, i am convinced we are all dried up in terms of transfer cash for any quality, free transfers,free agents and loans, which in the most part has all it has been all summer.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Mind you, i am convinced we are all dried up in terms of transfer cash for any quality, free transfers,free agents and loans, which in the most part has all it has been all summer.

Im not so sure on this, I think we have been playing the waiting game hoping that clubs/players/agents may reduce their demands as the transfer window draws to a close.
However i think that the current situation with regards to Navs injury and suspensions for Sparrow and Greer have shown how thin our squad is and Brighton will be forced to play their hand sooner than they hoped.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
This was my point, we could of had him a long time ago when Bournemouth were really in the mire for probably about 4-5 hundred grand, got no chance now everyone is on his tail. Mind you, i am convinced we are all dried up in terms of transfer cash for any quality, free transfers,free agents and loans, which in the most part has all it has been all summer.

So we were the only club who knew about him back then? No other club was interested except us and we failed to put a bid in?

How do you know we are "all dried up"?

No of course we were not the only club, but i cannot think of a bid we have made of anyone of that quality, 9 months ago he MAY of been obtainable, that is all. I did not say i KNOW we have no money to spend......"i am convinced we are all dried up in terms of transfer cash for any quality" it is just my opinion. I may well be wrong

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting, I remember when Blackpool came up from the old Division Three theyear we won that championship. We had Zamora, Cardiff had Earnshaw and Blackpool had Brett Ormerod. Omerod went to Southampton (try not to laugh, a Premiership team in those days) for just over £1.1 Million if my memory serves, Ormerod's back there now.

bha 3103

Aug 19, 2009
according to bbc sport its just come up saying Blackpool have agreed a fee with Bournemouth for Pitman.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Interesting, I remember when Blackpool came up from the old Division Three theyear we won that championship. We had Zamora, Cardiff had Earnshaw and Blackpool had Brett Ormerod. Omerod went to Southampton (try not to laugh, a Premiership team in those days) for just over £1.1 Million if my memory serves, Ormerod's back there now.

Very interesting...................and your point is ...........?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here