Pittman

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would say that if £400,000 is a rough benchmark price for him, then i would assume we are really scraping about to get any sort of deal together for a quality striker. I remain positive but a little concerned about why we cannot nail a striker down to come to us. We have all known about Pittman's quality for a while now so it seems odd that we could not have put in a bid of some substance as soon as we started looking for one

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I would say that if £400,000 is a rough benchmark price for him, then i would assume we are really scraping about to get any sort of deal together for a quality striker. I remain positive but a little concerned about why we cannot nail a striker down to come to us. We have all known about Pittman's quality for a while now so it seems odd that we could not have put in a bid of some substance as soon as we started looking for one

How do you know we didn't?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
400k won't get him even if it is a premiership club - we now have no chance of getting him as I am sure there are some top championship clubs monitoring him. If we could have signed any player in the last 2 years he would have been top of the list for me.

Well i do not know for sure i guess, but then it does reflect that we STILL do not have a new striker which then i can only assume we are trying to get a bargain but they are not out there. I personally feel we just have hardly any cash to spend in terms of transfer fees, going by what we have spent so far. I was never being unrealistic with what we could attract/afford but we are now in a position where we still need 4 or 5 players, that is alot with 2 weeks to go. I think 2 or 3 max is realistic, who however god only knows.

seagulls120

Feb 25, 2009
I think its a silly move on Blackpools part, due to them being a EPL side. Its too much of a step up, but it would be a great move for Brett. But if he did go there is always Adam Le Fondre.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That fee seems rather low in my books.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Massive leap from League 2 last year to the Premier League.

Must like donkeys or something.

Well, I was at the Fans Forum and i have listened to it again and what is being said and what is being done so far does not seem to add up in my books. I think we have spent a fair part of our budget which to be fair to Poyet is clearly not very big, BUT we also let McNulty and Tunnicliffe go? this now, seems very odd indeed.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So has he actually agreed to go to Blackpool, or have they just put in a cheeky offer? I'm confused.*

*Doesn't take much, admittedly.

So has he actually agreed to go to Blackpool, or have they just put in a cheeky offer? I'm confused.*

*Doesn't take much, admittedly.

Just a bid as far as i am aware. My thinking was that we should of bid for him in january last year. Price will be too high now, now that Blackpool have put a bid in

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just a bid as far as i am aware. My thinking was that we should of bid for him in january last year. Price will be too high now, now that Blackpool have put a bid in

Cheers for that hon. As was said by somebody earlier - I reckon he was holding out to play for a club at a higher level (& it looks like his wish may actually come true). Hey-ho. :shrug:

ps I constantly forget what year it is too! :lol:

Yeah i guess so. Still SO miffed as to why we are struggling to get anyone, but i reckon players are as fickle as fans, once we are at the AMEX, people will come knocking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports